Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Ferrari 2010 Who will be fastest?
Felipe
33.33%
Fernando
66.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Ferrari 2010

Old 11-18-2009, 10:25 PM
perfectlap
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Ferrari 2010

who will be faster in 2010 Alonso or Felipe??
Old 11-18-2009, 11:39 PM
DanR
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

fernando for me. I think he may even be WDC
Old 11-18-2009, 11:54 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

If Felipe can come back 100% I think they will be very close, provided Alonso can take the pressure of real competition again.
Old 11-19-2009, 12:04 AM
lipamax
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A-L-O-N-S-O
Old 11-19-2009, 08:12 AM
smlporsche
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I think Alonso will be faster but unfortunately I can't see him being WDC next year because Ferrari doesn't have its act together....
Old 11-19-2009, 08:53 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

It will be "Desperate housewives" at Ferrari at some point for sure but because Alonso is getting No. 1 treatment, he will be faster than Massa which will keep things more calm.
Old 11-19-2009, 10:09 AM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Ferrari brought in Alonso, the same way they brought in Kimi. Based on that alone, we know Massa will not be a clear #2. If that was the case, Massa would not be outperforming Kimi and Kimi would not have been shown the door.
It's quite clear, the faster driver at Ferrari gets #1. Those days of Schumi being a clear #1 are long gone. People need to stop making excuses because they know Alonso will outpeform Massa.
Regards.
Raj
Old 11-19-2009, 11:49 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2,869 Likes on 1,709 Posts

Here is how I see 2010 working out for Ferrari:

Initially, Alonso will be faster. You can't discount the fact that Massa had a head injury and missed an entire 2nd half of the F1 season and cannot test until February. There is no way around it. He can get into the F2007 Clienti car all he wants, but it is NOT the F60 with no traction control, smaller rear wing, slicks, etc.

The other factor is that Massa may NEVER return to his previous form. The fact that these guys are pulling 5 Gs laterally and negatively has to have an effect on their brains and eyes. Let's not forget he was in a drug induced coma just 3 months ago.

Should Massa eventually return to form and Alonso has a WDC point lead and Massa somehow does not relinquish position, I can see a blow up of massive proportions. Remember there is history with Massa and Alonso blowing up at each other a couple years ago in an after race, post weight scale episode.

IF Massa cannot come back, it's Alonso's team. If Massa returns to form, Felipe has the heart of support of the garage, but in the end Alonso is more crafty and experienced.
Old 11-19-2009, 12:24 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

I think that incident was Alonso's fault. Alonso can't expect Massa to just move out of the way. These guys are really fired up after the race and Alonso's adrenaline got the best of him. Massa was the class act when he offered his congratulations to Alonso, on winning the race.
We have to remember Alonso was under some serious pressure. It was him against all of McLaren and Luis had just parked his car and given 10 points back to Alonso, someone who was not expected to win. I think people try to make more of that incident.
How about the fact that Alonso openly stated last year that he would try to help and support Massa's push for WDC. He backed Massa for the WDC. It's water under the bridge for both of them at this point. This just became ripe again when Massa stated to reporters that he felt Alonso knew of crashgate. Of all we know, the reporters might have twisted things around just to make a story. Neither one of these guy's have english as their 1st language, so a lot is lost in translation.
Raj
Old 11-19-2009, 02:22 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Disclaimer: Ferrari is dead to me, so I no longer care.

Little Miss Sunshine is the #1, she is the new girlfriend of Luca, no one is going to challenge Luca.
Old 11-19-2009, 02:39 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc

Little Miss Sunshine is the #1, she is the new girlfriend of Luca, no one is going to challenge Luca.
We know, we know Lewis...

Now you know how I feel when Luca broke up with Schumacher for a blue eyed blond driver. Schumacher still had some left in the tank, but....
Old 11-19-2009, 03:05 PM
trumperZ06
Burning Brakes

Until we see if Massa's recovered from the accident...

it's shear speculation.

Both drivers are talented with a slight edge going to Alonso...

but the people inside the Ferrari team will likely favor Massa if he fully recovers.

If Mansa returns to form...

Look for a lot of drama within Ferrari next year.

Old 11-19-2009, 03:49 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete
We know, we know Lewis...

Now you know how I feel when Luca broke up with Schumacher for a blue eyed blond driver. Schumacher still had some left in the tank, but....
He had one more year, had the engine not blown up in Suzuka, it would have been # 8, probably followed by #9 and out.

Luca is too emotional at times for his own good...
Old 11-19-2009, 04:25 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
It will be "Desperate housewives" at Ferrari at some point for sure but because Alonso is getting No. 1 treatment, he will be faster than Massa which will keep things more calm.
Unlike Kimi who was was slower than Massa even with no1 treatment ...

Originally Posted by 968TurboS
Ferrari brought in Alonso, the same way they brought in Kimi. Based on that alone, we know Massa will not be a clear #2. If that was the case, Massa would not be outperforming Kimi and Kimi would not have been shown the door.
It's quite clear, the faster driver at Ferrari gets #1. Those days of Schumi being a clear #1 are long gone. People need to stop making excuses because they know Alonso will outpeform Massa.
Regards.
Raj
+10

Massa is not in the same league as Alonso and never will .

A pity regarding his head injury , as i don't believe Massa will be the same driver again , he would have been a perfect no2.....

Originally Posted by 968TurboS
I think that incident was Alonso's fault. Alonso can't expect Massa to just move out of the way. These guys are really fired up after the race and Alonso's adrenaline got the best of him. Massa was the class act when he offered his congratulations to Alonso, on winning the race.
We have to remember Alonso was under some serious pressure. It was him against all of McLaren and Luis had just parked his car and given 10 points back to Alonso, someone who was not expected to win. I think people try to make more of that incident.
How about the fact that Alonso openly stated last year that he would try to help and support Massa's push for WDC. He backed Massa for the WDC. It's water under the bridge for both of them at this point. This just became ripe again when Massa stated to reporters that he felt Alonso knew of crashgate. Of all we know, the reporters might have twisted things around just to make a story. Neither one of these guy's have english as their 1st language, so a lot is lost in translation.
Raj
Massa is a little whiny Bitch and will cry everyday @ Ferrari, the sad part is now we are going to hear every 5 mins how he could have been WDC IF NOT FOR SINGAPORE , yeah ....the f1 season is 20 races ....

The real race is to see who complains more next season , Massa, Alonso Hamilton or Button ...

My bet :

1. Massa
2. Button
3. Hamilton
4. Alonso

Least to bitch about under achiving ...................... Vettel

Originally Posted by ltc

And you are ? ..................

Originally Posted by Head Amigo & sato Lover
He had one more year, after ferrari got the FIA to penalize Renault and Schumachers Idiotic attempt to steal qualification in monaco , He still stood a chance , if only he did not get massa's engine in Suzuka, were they were using NGK # 8, instead of NGK #9 and Kaboomy out went his record of no DNF's for 3 yrs due to engine failure ,making Alonso the only WDC hevar to win because his competitor lost an engine .

Luca was good in ridding the sport of such a clown ...
+10

i knew you would see the light ..............................
Old 11-19-2009, 04:36 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Massa is a little whiny Bitch and will cry everyday @ Ferrari
Oh, the irony...

Even the even keeled Ron Dennis could not hide his displeasure when ALonso blocked Hammy in the pits in Hungary throwing his headset down and questioning Alonso's trainer on the pit wall for the global audience to see. (Yes, I know Hammy was supposed to let Alonso go by). Just wait 'til he gets to Ferrari where emotions run high.

Luca has shown he is willing to let go of a legend in Schumacher and eat a $29m contract with Kimi. If Alonso so much as coughs incorrectly and questions any operation of Ferrari, Alonso will be back parking cars at the hotel or on sabbatical ASAP.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ferrari 2010