Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   Racing & Drivers Education Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/racing-and-drivers-education-forum-65/)
-   -   Hotels near NJMP (https://rennlist.com/forums/racing-and-drivers-education-forum/528769-hotels-near-njmp.html)

CornerCarver 10-09-2009 04:41 PM

Hotels near NJMP

I will be attending Schattenbaum event this Monday at NJMP. I usually stay at the track suite, but I waited too long to book. Any recommendations on a hotel close to the track where I will not need to sleep with one eye open?

DanR 10-09-2009 05:03 PM

try the holiday in or country in. CLean and functional

buckwheat987 10-09-2009 06:06 PM

holiday inn express..staying there for Delaware DE

CornerCarver 10-09-2009 06:12 PM

Thanks. I got a track suite for the 12th and booked Country Inn for the following weekend with RTR.

Qwickrick 10-09-2009 09:03 PM

Country Inn in Millville....

95m3racer 10-10-2009 02:06 AM

Once that hotel goes up they had in the NJMP plans...it should be full every week! Those suites have been very successful, and they make some good money with them on big weekends, with $300/night...but then again even some local hotels bump their rates up about that high for the pro events.

Any hotel/commercial property developers in here...opportunity knocking! Secure hotel near NJMP, look for property, its cheap down there :)

Phokaioglaukos 10-10-2009 08:31 AM

Coiuntry Inn. Holiday Inn Express is fine, but too expensive.

MUSSBERGER 10-10-2009 06:25 PM

Wingate. A little further up 55. I paid 75 plus tax for last Thursday night. 95 plus tax for Friday.

analogmike 10-10-2009 11:04 PM

I would avoid the country inn, I stayed there for the PCA race and it was terrible. Holiday Inn is much better and more convenient, ask for a better rate or try online.

95m3racer 10-11-2009 01:30 PM

I've found Wingate to fill up fast as its the nicest place around and people usually go there first unless they are very budget constrained.

But at the other Millville hotels i'd probably be at the window all night making sure my car was still in the parking lot...

CornerCarver 10-11-2009 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by 95m3racer (Post 6977148)
I've found Wingate to fill up fast as its the nicest place around and people usually go there first unless they are very budget constrained.

But at the other Millville hotels i'd probably be at the window all night making sure my car was still in the parking lot...

Thanks. Fortunately, my car is sleeping at the Shade Tree garage.

Qwickrick 10-11-2009 09:41 PM

what town is the Wingate in?

MUSSBERGER 10-12-2009 11:54 AM

Its either Vineland or Millville

Z-man 10-12-2009 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by Qwickrick (Post 6978379)
what town is the Wingate in?

The Wingate is in Vineland - about 17 minutes from the track.

I stayed there a week ago - clean, comfortable - but a little older. They do have an issue with the vents - seems smoke from the smoking floor (3rd floor) tend to get sucked into the bathroom vents and blow into the 2nd floor. If you have an issue with cigaretee smoke, book a room on the first floor.

I've also stayed at the Country Inn - nice accomodations - a bit closer to the track. I'd say the Country Inn is a half-step better than the Wingate.

I've also stayed at the trackside rooms - excellent place to stay, IMHO.

-Z-man.

CornerCarver 10-12-2009 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by Z-man (Post 6980197)
The Wingate is in Vineland - about 17 minutes from the track.

I stayed there a week ago - clean, comfortable - but a little older. They do have an issue with the vents - seems smoke from the smoking floor (3rd floor) tend to get sucked into the bathroom vents and blow into the 2nd floor. If you have an issue with cigaretee smoke, book a room on the first floor.

I've also stayed at the Country Inn - nice accomodations - a bit closer to the track. I'd say the Country Inn is a half-step better than the Wingate.

I've also stayed at the trackside rooms - excellent place to stay, IMHO.

-Z-man.

Smoke will drive me nuts. I'll take my chances at the Country Inn.

Stayed trackside last night for the Schattenbaum event. Nothing beats it!