Petit LeMans pics before the race

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 05:31 PM
Mark Dreyer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 635 Likes on 345 Posts
Default Petit LeMans pics before the race

First few photos are of Lotus Evora. That car just simply looks like sex on wheels. I was drooling and thinking about getting one some day.

I enjoyed seeing the Jetta TDI race first thing. Those kids were having a hard time keeping control at the bottom of the hill just before heading into the S's because of standing water on the track. One car slid off into the grass, and couldn't get out of the grass. The flat beds didn't come get it until another car slammed into the wall and then into that car about 10 minutes later.

It was really hard to get an unobstructed view for a good photo down on the track when they let the fans swarm in, so the photos are less than amazing. It was really cool to be able to see some of these racing studs up close and to see the team members hovering over the cars like mother hens. David Murray who you can see posing with the happy kid, is a native of Atlanta and had the pole position in GT2 category. Bergemeister and Patrick Long are posing with a fan.

As for the race itself, I really enjoyed seeing the drivers deal with the wet conditions. The Peugots were absolutely blinding fast up through the "S's". Totally unbelievable especially considering I had some frame of reference having done a DE at that track one time. Of course the Audi's were amazing also. I saw McNish spin out behind the pace car while under full course caution. That had to be totally embarrasing. Like the PA announcer said, McNish has enough credit in the bank in terms of his prior successes to get a pass on that one. :-)

And to make up for these not so hot pics, I am enclosing my favorite, a couple hot grid girls in front of an RSR!
Attached Images           

Quick Reply: Petit LeMans pics before the race