Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: There are 2 kinds of drivers/racers...the ones who crashed and the ones who will..
I agree.......
81.37%
I disagree......
18.63%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

It has been said that there are 2 kinds of drivers/racers.......

Old 07-07-2009, 10:32 AM
gums
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

One other thing that Mario pointed out was that on occasion most car owners need to see you come back to the pits with only the steering wheel in your hand....
Old 07-07-2009, 10:38 AM
Bryan Watts
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Giacomo
Every club race weekend that I have attended (since 2003), as spectator or driver, has had much greater carnage than any typical DE weekend. That would suggest to me that the odds of crashing are far greater in a race environment. In a race the cars are closer (less time to react), faster (greater forces) and being pushed much harder (increased mechanical failures). Just my $0.02.
Notice, I said MECHANICAL failure. Most of the carnage at a club race isn't from mechanical failure. If you'll go back and read both the post I responded to and what I wrote, you'll see that I'm taking issue with this statement, "As for DE, you could putter around for a lifetime and not get into trouble if you chose to. " That's simply not the case...if you run enough DE's, you'll eventually get into trouble whether it's your own fault or not. When the guy behind you looses his brakes because hasn't flushed his fluid in 3 years and plows into the back of your car, it won't matter whether you are at a DE or a race.

Of course there is more carnage at a race than a DE. Haven't ever claimed otherwise.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: It has been said that there are 2 kinds of drivers/racers.......