Sponsored by:

Kojote at Glen July 27-28

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 08:40 PM
russ930
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kojote at Glen July 27-28

Just a reminder that the July event at Watkins Glen is filling up. If you would like to run a truly open track format this would be the event. World Champion racer David Murry is again available for coaching at this Kojote event! All advance and race licensed drivers are welcome.
Old 06-25-2009, 05:15 PM
Bill962
AutoX

we only saw the sun truly come out on the last day of the HSR race at the Glen last week. So, it will be nice to go back to the Glen.

I know that Kojote is the only organization with a weather guarantee. I think it's still in effect. If you sign up for 1 day, and it rains, then just run the next day. Although, I also heard that Russell put rains on his Cup Car and it would be available for people on an as needed basis. Or was it Cisco The Kid's car? Luckily for me I have no rain tires, no windshield wiper, and no rain skills. And, all the June rain has fogged my brain.
Old 06-28-2009, 05:58 PM
121cup
Intermediate

this weather just wont quit. will have to be nice come the july event.
Cisco's car(s) will be ready to go at the glen rain or shine. My helmet is my windsheild wiper in the open car .. .
BTW Kojote is now offering half days this year,which is another cool option. Buy two half days and use them however you want. You could arrive in the morning of day one, drive in the afternoon, drive the next morning and off you go!
The cisco car in in for the full 14 hours of open track!! going to need brake pads and tires.
you guys planning to go to NJMP in august too?
Old 06-28-2009, 06:03 PM
121cup
Intermediate

this weather just wont quit. will have to be nice come the july event.
Cisco's car(s) will be ready to go at the glen rain or shine. My helmet is my windsheild wiper in the open car .. .
BTW Kojote is now offering half days this year,which is another cool option. Buy two half days and use them however you want. You could arrive in the morning of day one, drive in the afternoon, drive the next morning and off you go!
The cisco car in in for the full 14 hours of open track!! going to need brake pads and tires.
you guys planning to go to NJMP in august too?
Old 06-30-2009, 07:49 PM
ovrbrakr
7th Gear

This club looks very advanced. OK for PCA black run group peeps to sign up?
Old 06-30-2009, 08:16 PM
121cup
Intermediate

I thought the same thing at first, but dont worry. The format is so relaxed and completely open. it is for all advanced drivers so you would be fine. Again the open format means you get on and off track whenever you want so you find your 'peeps' that you like to run with and over the course of 14 hours i did not experience one conflict of car types or driver levels. it is a top notch event for the advanced driver (red black or racer). Highly Recommended. Ask Russ on this thread about it too if you want another opinion.
Old 06-30-2009, 08:46 PM
overbrakr
2nd Gear

121, lots of clubs now say "open format". Do you have ANY run groups - yes or no?
Old 06-30-2009, 09:03 PM
121cup
Intermediate

not the events i have been to. open track all day - not a single run group in sight.
I also posted a different thread to see if any one else is planning on going or has been so check there for more info too.
Old 06-30-2009, 10:04 PM
Bill962
AutoX

my experience has been that all the drivers they let into Kojote events are very heads up with the unrestricted overtaking. A newbie 'Black group' PCA DE driver may want to check with them if you feel uncomfortable. However, the nice thing is that everyone is courteous on track with no "head games" or "DE racing" nonsense.
Old 07-03-2009, 02:35 PM
overbrakr
2nd Gear

what would you say is the overall level of driving at Kojote - mostly racers, few PCA DE people, or more half-half - ? What's the balance?
Old 07-06-2009, 09:07 PM
russ930
Advanced

I would say it is close to 50/50. What's important is that Kojote does its best to allow only drivers who show they have situational awareness. Most new people to Kojote are concerned that they are going to interfere with the higher powered cars or they will spend the whole event looking over their shoulder for some of the really fast car. In practice it has not worked out like that. You tend to find yourself hooking up with cars that do similar lap times and combined with the fact that you never get stuck in a slow train you end up having a great run without any stress. Besides most of the really high powered cars tend to do a few laps then come in to analyze their data.

Quick Reply: Kojote at Glen July 27-28