Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: What do you think about F1 in 2010
Who cares, I won't be watching if Ferrari isn't racing!!!
8.77%
It will be great with more teams on the grid. Ferrari or not!
63.16%
F1 is doomed to fail without Ferrari.
19.30%
With more teams submitting entries, the sport will thrive.
8.77%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Would you watch F1 if Ferrari didn't enter in 10' ????

Old 06-12-2009, 10:20 AM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Would you watch F1 if Ferrari didn't enter in 10' ????

2-part question:

#1 since Ferrari seem to be acting like the spoiled brats. We all know a huge amount of F1 fans are Ferrari supporters, but many of them are racing fans more than anything and couldn't stand but to watch anyways.

So how many people would actually stop watching F1 altogether if Ferrari weren't in F1. So I guess that means no Massa and no Kimi either.

#2 who thinks F1 would fail without Ferrari in the mix.

EVEN THOUGH, the field may be deeper than it has been in decades with a possible 26+ cars on the grid, but just no Ferrari.

Poll is multiple choice, pick 2.
Old 06-12-2009, 10:24 AM
wanna911
Race Car

Crap, I screwed up the poll, could one of the mods make it multiple choice for me, thanks.
Old 06-12-2009, 10:48 AM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by wanna911
Crap, I screwed up the poll, could one of the mods make it multiple choice for me, thanks.
Just close the thread and re-submit. You appear to have two poll choices in general support of Ferrari and two choices generally against Ferrari . Why not make one strong support, one moderate support, one moderately against, one strongly against.

Just a suggestion, but I like your idea for a poll.
Old 06-12-2009, 11:04 AM
the flyin' scotsman
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 21 Posts

Its not just Ferrari though as without Merc, Toyota and Renault; Brawn, STR, RB, FI and Williams dont have engines.

Max/ Bernie have to relent somewhat perhaps by showing their exit plans; afterall one way or another they wont be around for much longer.

As to F1 without Ferrari and Ferrari without F1; unthinkable, they need each other IMHO.
Old 06-12-2009, 11:21 AM
944meister
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if bmw goes, all is lost
Old 06-12-2009, 11:25 AM
Chaos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 254 Likes on 193 Posts

Ferrari is barely racing this year !
Old 06-12-2009, 11:28 AM
MUSSBERGER
uninformed gas bag
(contemplating on whether gas bag is one or two words)
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by Gregg Lewis
Ferrari is barely racing this year !
True that.
Old 06-12-2009, 11:42 AM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Ferrari, or not, there ARE the other legacy teams. If it becomes a grownup version of GP2, what will be the attraction? You could say it was a spec(ish) series up through Renault's entry (v. 1.0) with the turbo car in '76........Ferrari and a bunch of Cosworth powered teams.

But look at the driver lineup, at least when I got into it mid-70's: Stewart had just retired, but Fittipaldi, Lauda, Andretti, Hunt, Scheckter, Jones, Reutemann, Peterson, Maas, Ickx, Stuck, Watson, Stommelen, and Donohue (who would have been a factor had he not died). Who of the current crop will be at the tip of the tongue 35 years from now?

So unless they can go that direction, will anyone care? I'm ready to say does anyone care NOW? I found a bar playing Monaco a few weeks ago while not 30 miles away in Villefranche while we were waiting to get back on our cruise ship. Maybe 8 people in the place, and most of them were just passing a Sunday afternoon and seemingly more concerned they had to go outside to smoke.
Old 06-12-2009, 12:00 PM
Cory M
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by the flyin' scotsman
Its not just Ferrari though as without Merc, Toyota and Renault; Brawn, STR, RB, FI and Williams dont have engines.
+1

Is F1 really going to be any better with a bunch of new, slow teams to fight with Force India for 20th place? It's still going to be a parade with a couple of front running teams schooling everyone else. Does it really matter if the winners have more traffic to lap?
Old 06-12-2009, 12:26 PM
ew928
Owns the Streets
Needs Camber
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Discussion on BBC coverage was that the lower tiered teams will allow more drivers to have time to acclimate to F1 instead of being thrust into top tier teams from other racing series.
Right now there's only Force India and Toro Rosso to train newer drivers.
They alluded to how more seasoning of Nelsinho in a lower team may let him shine later in F1 instead of being in the pressure cooker right now with Dad looking over his shoulder in the paddock.
Old 06-12-2009, 12:57 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Originally Posted by the flyin' scotsman

Max/ Bernie have to relent somewhat perhaps by showing their exit plans; afterall one way or another they wont be around for much longer.

As to F1 without Ferrari and Ferrari without F1; unthinkable, they need each other IMHO.

Everyone else has already submitted entries, including Ferrari, but Ferrari are the only ones claiming they still won't race unless it's by their rules. I have yet to see any other team say that so the natural assumption is that they will be there and have bypassed the FOTA's stance.

Therefore only Ferrari and the teams they supply engines to will be at risk. And I don't think the other teams Ferrari supplies engines to will leave F1 when they have several other engines to choose from. That's not realistic to leave the sport because your engine supplier leaves.

Even still, they are likely under contract with Ferrari so Ferrari would legally have to build them an F1 spec engine regardless of if they are racing their own cars or not. Ferrari does not have that much pull.
Old 06-12-2009, 01:51 PM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 39 Posts

#5 who cares either way, I watch when it's convenient and I'm not racing.
Old 06-12-2009, 02:43 PM
trumperZ06
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=wanna911;6646889]Everyone else has already submitted entries, including Ferrari, but Ferrari are the only ones claiming they still won't race unless it's by their rules. I have yet to see any other team say that so the natural assumption is that they will be there and have bypassed the FOTA's stance.

Hhmmmm.... FOTA has responded to the released FIA's entry list.

No change in the curent FOTA members conditional entry...

Max seems to have overstepped his position.

With the European Automobile Manufacturers Association now stepping into the fray,

This has the real possibility of turning TRULY UGLY .

Last edited by trumperZ06; 06-12-2009 at 03:39 PM.
Old 06-12-2009, 04:18 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

[QUOTE=trumperZ06;6647218]
Originally Posted by wanna911
Everyone else has already submitted entries, including Ferrari, but Ferrari are the only ones claiming they still won't race unless it's by their rules. I have yet to see any other team say that so the natural assumption is that they will be there and have bypassed the FOTA's stance.

Hhmmmm.... FOTA has responded to the released FIA's entry list.

No change in the curent FOTA members conditional entry...

Max seems to have overstepped his position.

With the European Automobile Manufacturers Association now stepping into the fray,

This has the real possibility of turning TRULY UGLY .
Max and Bernie both realize that if this move succeeds it will fundamentally change the relationship between the teams and the FIA. The teams will have a lot more "say/power" if this works and I believe that scares them.
Old 06-12-2009, 04:52 PM
hacker-pschorr
Administrator - "Tyson"
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 2,069 Likes on 1,181 Posts

Ferrari should start it's own series, 22 equal Ferrari F1 cars racing against each other.

Call it "Are you faster than a Schumacher?" have Michael and Ralph in every race.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Would you watch F1 if Ferrari didn't enter in 10' ????