Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Who will win the 2009 Monaco GP?
Alonso
5.45%
Barrichello
7.27%
Bourdais
1.82%
Button
29.09%
Fisichella
0%
Glock
0%
Hamilton
7.27%
Heidfeld
0%
Kovalainen
0%
Kubica
3.64%
Massa
7.27%
Nakajima
0%
Piquet
0%
Raikkonen
3.64%
Rosberg
0%
Sutil
0%
Trulli
1.82%
Vettel
30.91%
Webber
1.82%
Buemi
0%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

2009 Monaco Grand Prix

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 02:17 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
IIRC, I did make this suggestion a while back. It was split, with the majority saying 'no'.
Subforum creation is always an emotional decision....the most recent (P&C, Watches, Firearms) were not well received.

HWFMR is their own island; a new subforum can be created independent of the # of existing forums.
Yes give the Ballerina her own forum then we can get back to discussing racing and bashing Alonso, Schumi and Hamilton without him ....
Old 05-21-2009, 02:27 PM
arrivederci
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1,174 Likes on 412 Posts

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
Well I have to say one thing:

Hate or love him, you have to admit, our Formula 1 discussions have all but died since Wayne "left" and at least I personally find it disappointing. Those discussion, maybe excluding couple of bad ones, were fun, entertaining and also informative to those who are interested in F1.
A large percentage of the input is cut and paste of news. Plenty of sources for that for those that want to stay informed.

F1-Live - http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/index.shtml
Old 05-21-2009, 02:33 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jpinkert
A large percentage of the input is cut and paste of news. Plenty of sources for that for those that want to stay informed.

Ok good point ......... Limited input noted ................

For many here who do Henjoy our discussions , understand the cut and paste IS to start the discussion and become's our course of record... might be a bit over your head at the moment , but hang around you will get it ..

Now ! If you have a better solution please show the way , if not step aside as i start the discussions to discuss F1 and racing not ME usually those small of mind and stock tend to discuss the messenger...
Old 05-21-2009, 02:43 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

As for this Monaco GP .........

Bernie is still flexing muscles , the manufacturers have not yet come to terms with Bernie's Coup to get them ousted.

I expect Button to be out of talent for Monaco and it will be interesting to see tire choice.. Vettel or Button is the safe bet , this weekend could be the most wide open yet ..

My pick : The Spaniard

Ray: we bet for the WDC after this weekend
Old 05-21-2009, 02:56 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Yes give the Ballerina her own forum then we can get back to discussing racing and bashing Alonso, Schumi and Hamilton without him ....
Please stop double posting the same response in 2 different threads in the same forum...

https://rennlist.com/forums/racing-a...-subforum.html

Post #14:
Yes give the Ballerina her own forum then we can get back to discussing racing and bashing Alonso, Schumi and Hamilton in Peace ...........
Old 05-21-2009, 02:57 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Damn back 2 mins and busting my nuts already Holmes..................
Old 05-21-2009, 02:59 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

it's actually nice to have you back in the F1 discussions...
Old 05-21-2009, 04:17 PM
arrivederci
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Ok good point ......... Limited input noted ................

For many here who do Henjoy our discussions , understand the cut and paste IS to start the discussion and become's our course of record... might be a bit over your head at the moment , but hang around you will get it ..

Now ! If you have a better solution please show the way , if not step aside as i start the discussions to discuss F1 and racing not ME usually those small of mind and stock tend to discuss the messenger...
Let me spell it out for those who've already had a little too much to drink today....(welcome back, btw)

For most of what the Finn says he misses, all it would take is for *anyone* to grab the news articles from above mentioned websites and paste them into an F1 thread. So if you're running behind, someone else can pick up the slack there. I'm not sure anyone could come up with your interpretation of the facts without some sort of pharmaceutical assistance.

Hamilton upbeat, targeting top five

Downforce is key around the streets of Monte Carlo, while at faster circuits such as Circuit de Catalunya aerodynamic efficiency is vital - the latter something of a bug-bear for the McLaren Mercedes team this year with the MP4-24 package - the former, plus determination rule at Monaco.

Today in the opening practice sessions for the Monaco Grand Prix weekend Lewis Hamilton was right back on form as the defending race winner and champion ended the afternoon session a solid second fastest behind Nico Rosberg.

"Driving around Monaco is a spectacular sensation – you can’t compare it to any other circuit," enthused Hamilton. "You get such a huge buzz here; I love this place – it reminds me how much I love this sport, why I love racing and why I love Formula One.”

“From today’s performance, I think Q3 is definitely possible on Saturday,” Hamilton continued. “I’m optimistic about shooting for the top five – I hope we can get there.”

Team-mate Heikki Kovalainen lapped the 3.340km street circuit half a second shy of Hamilton but was nonetheless content with his first day behind the wheel in Monaco, despite losing time in traffic. After a difficult run in Barcelona, the team is keen to make the best of the unique characteristics of Monaco.

"The whole team loves the thrill and tension of the Monaco weekend and today’s performance has left us feeling encouraged that we will have another successful weekend in the principality," stated Team Principal Martin Whitmarsh.

"Both Lewis and Heikki have really dived into the challenge, both producing some excellent times and, most importantly, helping to refine our technical package ahead of Saturday’s crucial qualifying session and the race itself. We go into Saturday feeling extremely positive about getting a strong result from both drivers.”

Mercedes Motorsport Vice president Norbert Haug was relatively upbeat following Thursday practice, but warned that a repeat victory this year is unlikely. "I do not see us in the role of the favourites like in previous years when we won six Grand Prix out of 11 since McLaren Mercedes’ maiden win in 1998,” the German concluded.
Old 05-21-2009, 04:26 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Yes, that is and always was, obvious.

I got my own "sources" for F1 info so that's not what I need, it's just that when he starts a discussion with quoting some recent happening, discussion starts and us F1 nuts can argue & talk about F1. Without those starts as you can see, there hasn't been much going on.

BTW, f1-live is one of the real "expert" sites we've already discussed here, in fact Wayne got a bit of heat for using them for "inside info" when we argued Kimi & Alonso's future teams while back. Needless to say, f1-live, and hence Wayne were completely wrong...
Old 05-21-2009, 04:41 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

I got my own "sources" for F1 info so that's not what I need, it's just that when he starts a discussion with quoting some recent happening, discussion starts and us F1 nuts can argue & talk about F1. Without those starts as you can see, there hasn't been much going on.

BTW, f1-live is one of the real "expert" sites we've already discussed here, in fact Wayne got a bit of heat for using them for "inside info" when we argued Kimi & Alonso's future teams while back. Needless to say, f1-live, and hence Wayne were completely wrong...
Shows you his "depth" Finn ....F1 -live .......................

Got anything relevant there JP ....... Wanna discuss the Monaco GP ... I'm all" Ears " d00d
Old 05-21-2009, 04:53 PM
2BWise
Three Wheelin'

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Today in the opening practice sessions for the Monaco Grand Prix weekend Lewis Hamilton was right back on form as the defending race winner and champion ended the afternoon session a solid second fastest behind Nico Rosberg.
Ha, Rosberg at the top of the practice sheets again. Too bad he still will be lucky to finish in the points. He really doesn't seem to be able to standup when the pressure is on. He'd be a great 3rd driver, but at this point that's about it.
Old 05-21-2009, 06:50 PM
multi21
On temporary vacation

Received 2,894 Likes on 1,719 Posts

[QUOTE=Flying Finn;6586468]Yes, that is and always was, obvious.

BTW, f1-live is one of the real "expert" sites we've already discussed here, in fact Wayne got a bit of heat for using them for "inside info" when we argued Kimi & Alonso's future teams while back. Needless to say, f1-live, and hence Wayne were completely wrong...[/QUOTE]

I know your friends with Wayne down in South Beach, but if you read your own thread, it's painfully obvious why Wayne is not really wanted here by most (ltc, Finn and AS aside).

No offense intended to Wayne, but his quotes and predictions are so wildly out of left field that everyone responds to his wackiness, not the fact that he brings something to the discussion. He cuts and pastes from a site, them throws something out there so outrageous that 6 pages of posts is created. If your looking for that kind of entertainment, then Wayne is your guy. But adding value? No that's not Wayne. Staight jacket prognostication, yes.

I don't even mind his stupidity with claims (no offense Wayne, 'cause I know it's all for show), but when he starts in with the gay this and berries that, it gets old. Now if he had new material, I'd be willing to see it, but it like watching "One Flew Over the CooCoos Nest" once too often.
Old 05-21-2009, 06:56 PM
multi21
On temporary vacation

Received 2,894 Likes on 1,719 Posts

Bernie is still flexing muscles , the manufacturers have not yet come to terms with Bernie's Coup to get them ousted.
Brilliant!!!!! Great contribution and analysis!!!! Yes, Yes, Bernie wants the Manufacturers out. The same ones that he's earned billions, not millions, but billions off their backs!!

Yes he also wants to be on record as having Ferrari, the only Manufacturer with a 60 year history in F1 leave on his watch.... along with the 50-60% of their worldwide fans.

Damn, I'm glad I came into this thread to see what the great one could provide as insite.

And so it begins...
Old 05-21-2009, 07:05 PM
arrivederci
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

You're making my point. Anyone can cut and paste from another site and it'll start the discussion. It doesn't matter how factual the article is...the more controversial, the more discussion. You could just as easily look at one of the -many- F1 sites and post the info...boom...discussion would start.

Wayne gets heat for reaching totally illogical conclusions and his wacky 'insight'.
Old 05-21-2009, 08:00 PM
brendo
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
I forgot that Monaco is Button's "home race".

I think you'll see quite a few folks going very light (trying for a front row), perhaps more than usual.

I still think Newey is the best in the business. I am guessing the RBR performance will not suffer, since they do not currently run the 'double' diffuser, and they appear to have excellent overall grip.

Still fascinated that he designs on a drafting table, no computer.
now, Back to F1 topics:

Button stated that it would be nice to win in Monaco, but that Silverstone is his home race. interestingly, he's also staying low key, having been criticized for 'parking his yacht next to the circuit' by Flava Flav in the past.

one more thing - can we keep this discussion at the 14 year old level or higher? i love the rants and passion but let's at least try to keep it at an adult level

Last edited by brendo; 05-21-2009 at 08:01 PM. Reason: forgot to address the elephant in the living room

Quick Reply: 2009 Monaco Grand Prix