Sponsored by:

PFC option for 996TT - guys, this looks very good

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 12:01 PM
boss351
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up PFC option for 996TT - guys, this looks very good

I have been tired of the short track life of the OEM rotors on my car but haven't wanted (yet ) to upgrade to a big brake setup. Waiting on some options to appear we got a couple this year from Brembo and Girodisc. I am kind of glad I didn't jump on either of those (Brembo is $$ and cross-drilled, jury out on Girodisc - still waiting to see some user feed back there), but PFC's equipment reputation already speaks for itself. I have seen a lot of use on the currently supported models at the track (GT3's, Carrera's etc) but had been both surprised and confused as to them not supporting the 996TT. Anyway, looks like it could finally happen.

Click here to see what was posted on the 996TT forum. 996TT owners go take a look and guys that know 996TT owners please let them know!! Spread the news! We need to get a show of hands to get this rolling!

Last edited by boss351; 04-17-2009 at 12:02 PM. Reason: revised link
Old 04-19-2009, 11:58 PM
TrackDays247.com
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wouldn't hesitate on the GiroDisc - the Grand Am GT3 has used the same discs for 3 seasons.
And I sell both the Brembos and APs.

Company verbage & information:

GiroDisc is a brake technology company that is dedicated to the development and manufacturing of high quality brake components and brake systems. GiroDisc products are designed and engineered for both street and track applications with a comprehensive product line of two-piece
floating rotors that are designed to be a direct replacement for the factory rotors.

The two-piece floating rotor will improve braking performance, reduce unsprung weight and utilizes the factory calipers and e-brake.
Unlike many “big brake” packages on the market, GiroDisc rotors also retain the factory brake bias and outstanding pedal feel. High quality construction and premium grade materials provide improved wear, increased rotor life, minimized coning and greater cooling efficiency.

Note how the slotting is *properly* done with tapered ends and plenty of edge margin.

These represent good value, readily available replacement parts, and amongst the highest quality in the industry.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PORSCHE 997 TURBO ROTOR PACKAGES TO REPLACE THE OEM STEEL ROTORS:

SIZE: Front: Factory 330 mm/GiroDisc 350 mm | Rear: Factory 330 mm/GiroDisc 350 mm

WEIGHT:

Front: Factory 24 lbs./GiroDisc 22.4 lbs. - slotted

Rear: Factory 20.5 lbs./GiroDisc 18.2 lbs. - slotted

ALL hardware as weel as the disc is FULLY PLATED to resist corrosion.
100% Made in the USA.
Rotor replacement cost approx $300/ring for cost effiecent replacements -

** ANY questions, please call me at 425-765-1090 or email at rennstore@comcast.net for special Rennlist pricing. **

Old 04-20-2009, 10:02 AM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,163 Likes on 574 Posts

I would be interested in the PFC's for an iron disc 997tt

Quick Reply: PFC option for 996TT - guys, this looks very good