Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Yes, I apologize in advance, another PFC97 question

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 06:15 PM
RonCT
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I only run 2 race pads: PFC97 and Pagid Yellow 29. My preference, PFC97 due to comparable performance at a much lower price. They both dust, clog rotor holes, etc. When I discussed what pads to use on my then new 07C2S, Farnbacher Loles said "PFC97!" I asked about PFC01, Pagid Black / Yellow, etc. and they said "PFC97 is the best pad bar non for the 997..."
Old 04-16-2009, 07:01 PM
OntarioMark
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You ought to consider the Pagid YELLOWS as a considerable improvement for the Oranges -
I have factory calipers. Searching various websites (OG, Northstar, etc.) I could only find Pagid Oranges for my car. I had to have Turbo brakes to get Yellows. Are there Yellows that will fit my brakes?

Mark
Old 04-16-2009, 09:58 PM
SB
Instructor

I second Pagid yellows. Excellent pad and long lasting too. Dust doesn't destroy wheel finish, even if left wet. I leave them on the car all the time in the summer, but they can squeal at times.
Old 04-16-2009, 10:00 PM
SB
Instructor

Originally Posted by RonCT
I only run 2 race pads: PFC97 and Pagid Yellow 29. My preference, PFC97 due to comparable performance at a much lower price. They both dust, clog rotor holes, etc. When I discussed what pads to use on my then new 07C2S, Farnbacher Loles said "PFC97!" I asked about PFC01, Pagid Black / Yellow, etc. and they said "PFC97 is the best pad bar non for the 997..."
The racers group (TRG) recommends pagid yellows....just an fyi
Old 04-20-2009, 12:05 AM
TrackDays247.com
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've use them & sold them for years. I've yet to discover a performance downside to the Yellows. Can't say the same for the others.

YMMV, but not likely.
Old 04-20-2009, 01:47 AM
Jeff N.
Burning Brakes

Re the dust. As long as it stays dry, not a problem. If it get's wet and sets, it's like concrete. (Ask me, I live in the pacific northwest).

I have had some success getting the hardened dust off the wheels with a combination on Mother's wheel cleaner and a toothbrush but it's laborious process at best. Any, won't work on any bare aluminum rim.

Love the pads. Hate the dust.
Old 04-20-2009, 12:35 PM
OntarioMark
Advanced

Craig,

I've use them & sold them for years. I've yet to discover a performance downside to the Yellows. Can't say the same for the others.

YMMV, but not likely.
I have factory calipers. Searching various websites I could only find Pagid Oranges for my car; it seemed I have to have Turbo brakes to get Yellows. Are there Yellows that will fit my brakes?

Quick Reply: Yes, I apologize in advance, another PFC97 question