Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hey, Kibort and others...about our "duel"... wanna make lemonade outta lemons?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 11:47 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,400 Likes on 748 Posts

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Ohhh ! that's even low for you Stumpy .......Racist. ..........WOW!

Just when i thought we were becoming Bro's..........................
Hey, Twig & Berries, all kidding aside: if you cannot or will not contribute positively to this specific thread, with which we are trying to do a good deed, please do not post.

Thanks.

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
Old 03-25-2009, 12:03 PM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^

Another good deed would to refrain from impugning others, all kidding aside.

I'm in for a contribution, and I am sure the details will be forthcoming.
Old 03-25-2009, 12:07 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PogueMoHone
^

Another good deed would to refrain from impugning others, all kidding aside.

I'm in for a contribution, and I am sure the details will be forthcoming.
I don't believe I am impugning anyone, but appreciate your sensitivity.

Old 03-25-2009, 12:17 PM
himself
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Bull
I'm in if the money goes to Rennwish and/or Make a wish.
Rennwish gets my vote.

-td
Old 03-25-2009, 12:17 PM
REV195
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn, this is good.

I am not only contributing ... I am going !!!
Old 03-25-2009, 12:40 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 60 Posts

VR, you one-upped me in a GREAT way here. Nice going!

Im all over the charity angle here. I think we could get a lot of mileage out of it if we market it right.
Just look how all the folks that didnt care, still viewed the torque-HP thready near 7,000 times, and this duel idea took off to near 4000 views overnight!
Maybe we can get the local highschool physics departments involved in the contest when we give VR better gearing for engine torque and me more HP.

See you there!

Now, just pick the day so we can start planning this circus.

(Better bring your track shoes for the 60 meter dash. )

mk
Old 03-25-2009, 12:43 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mark kibort
Maybe we can get the local highschool physics departments involved in the contest when we give VR better gearing for engine torque and me more HP.

mk

I predict someone a lot smarter than a HS physics department may well pipe up to school you on torque.

But that's another thread.

Old 03-25-2009, 12:44 PM
FredC
Drifting

Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts

Great idea!

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
While FredC's instigatory post led to 20+ pages, I was gratified to see that, at worst, our juvenile urinary feat-of-strength was merely heavily sarcastic. Like so many of the endless threads Mark started, it was fluff and bluster, irrespective of the tyical prepubescence shown by Twig & Berries.

However, when we amazingly began to agree on a locale, I paid attention.

But when folks began sending you money, I became VERY uneasy. Not because I suspected you would steal it, but because I do not want to be responsible for accepting funds from others here so we can play like kids. I may think you are a bit of a shyster and a moron, but in the end we will both be playing like kids in Denver.

I woke up at 4 AM today with perhaps a better idea. Irrespective of what format we choose for this event, let's make it a charity event, and let's designate most of the $ to charity and have it handled by a third party.

For many years, until our daughter was born, my wife and I were fortunate to have had 2 exotic cars. I have posted pics of one here. The other was from the same manufacturer. Each year, I set up an event where owners of many other similar cars, in our club, would gather at our nearest dealership, and for $20 or $50, give short thrill rides on local streets, with the blessing and permission of the police.

100% of all funds went to Make-A-Wish Foundation, and many of their kids showed up and were bought (or given) rides as well. We got local media coverage, etc. and we raised thousands every year.

I propose we do the same with this, minus the thrill rides (obviously). Ironically, a friend who also posts here emailed me at 6:19 this morning with the exact same idea, only involving RennWish.

Doesn't matter to me, only that we make sweet lemonade out of lemons!

Your background is just goofy and gay enough, and mine spooky and racy enough, to make perfect marketing vehicles.

The location--High Plains Raceway--conjures a dramatic name ripe in cinematic and national history, all the more so when, as Viking accurately predicted, you will get slaughtered.

That I am traveling from Texas and you from Kalifornia for this "grudgematch duel" is even more dramatic.

I am sure local Colorado media would cover it, especially if we can get lots of local kids in need there as guests to watch car racing. Heck, given all the marketing possibilities with our backgrounds, the locale, and the nature of the event, national media might even cover it.

All of which would help raise money for either (or both) worthy charity.

Now all this is contingent on my family plans coming together to travel to Denver somethime this summer, but I think that is likely at this point.

So what say you?

What say you, RennList?

Old 03-25-2009, 12:48 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

You are classless! Its a great idea, but do you need to overcompensate here?

I thought you were done with the name calling. "shyster, moron" "goofy and gay". Oh, and you are self proclaimed, racey and spooky. ooooooh. so SCAWWEEE!

You are going down!

Get over yourself! Now, on with the event!

mk

While FredC's instigatory post led to 20+ pages, I was gratified to see that, at worst, our juvenile urinary feat-of-strength was merely heavily sarcastic. Like so many of the endless threads Mark started, it was fluff and bluster, irrespective of the tyical prepubescence shown by Twig & Berries.

However, when we amazingly began to agree on a locale, I paid attention.

But when folks began sending you money, I became VERY uneasy. Not because I suspected you would steal it, but because I do not want to be responsible for accepting funds from others here so we can play like kids. I may think you are a bit of a shyster and a moron, but in the end we will both be playing like kids in Denver.

I woke up at 4 AM today with perhaps a better idea. Irrespective of what format we choose for this event, let's make it a charity event, and let's designate most of the $ to charity and have it handled by a third party.

For many years, until our daughter was born, my wife and I were fortunate to have had 2 exotic cars. I have posted pics of one here. The other was from the same manufacturer. Each year, I set up an event where owners of many other similar cars, in our club, would gather at our nearest dealership, and for $20 or $50, give short thrill rides on local streets, with the blessing and permission of the police.

100% of all funds went to Make-A-Wish Foundation, and many of their kids showed up and were bought (or given) rides as well. We got local media coverage, etc. and we raised thousands every year.

I propose we do the same with this, minus the thrill rides (obviously). Ironically, a friend who also posts here emailed me at 6:19 this morning with the exact same idea, only involving RennWish.

Doesn't matter to me, only that we make sweet lemonade out of lemons!

Your background is just goofy and gay enough, and mine spooky and racy enough, to make perfect marketing vehicles.

The location--High Plains Raceway--conjures a dramatic name ripe in cinematic and national history, all the more so when, as Viking accurately predicted, you will get slaughtered.

That I am traveling from Texas and you from Kalifornia for this "grudgematch duel" is even more dramatic.

I am sure local Colorado media would cover it, especially if we can get lots of local kids in need there as guests to watch car racing. Heck, given all the marketing possibilities with our backgrounds, the locale, and the nature of the event, national media might even cover it.

All of which would help raise money for either (or both) worthy charity.

Now all this is contingent on my family plans coming together to travel to Denver somethime this summer, but I think that is likely at this point.

So what say you?

What say you, RennList?

Old 03-25-2009, 12:50 PM
Abby Normal
In Your Face, Ace
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm in if the charity is one that helps people right here in the U.S.
Old 03-25-2009, 12:54 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Thats a great idea. Since race cars are used in all sorts of physics senareos, we could have the exact debate with a professor or highschool instructor to see if we can get the correct angle of the topic to stick with you.

Im absolutely, positively right with what i had posted. You many have "meant" something else, but in the end, its power that determines acceleration at any vehicle speed, anywhere. But you are right, a discussion for yet another thread im sure.

Lets have this debate at the end of the race "Point - CounterPoint" with a judge and and jurry. you will get 5 min to make a case, so will I. we get two drawings and there will be a determination. the winner gives to his choice of two charities. rennwish vs make a wish or something like that.
You will get CRUSHED in that debate. and you can use all your top secret anti-physics experiences.

Mk

I predict someone a lot smarter than a HS physics department may well pipe up to school you on torque.

But that's another thread.

Old 03-25-2009, 12:54 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

You are classless! Its a great idea, but do you need to overcompensate here?

I thought you were done with the name calling. "shyster, moron" "goofy and gay". Oh, and you are self proclaimed, racey and spooky. ooooooh. so SCAWWEEE!

You are going down!

Get over yourself! Now, on with the event!

mk

Sofa king easy....

Old 03-25-2009, 12:55 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Im absolutely, positively right with what i had posted.
Mk
No, you're not, Mark.

Old 03-25-2009, 12:57 PM
deep_uv
RIP

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great idea, Dave. My vote is for Rennwish. I know that with Rennwish, all that money will go to those who need it unlike many charities where some of the money is used for administrative overhead.
Old 03-25-2009, 01:07 PM
TR6
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wasn't going to donate when it looked like it was just going to pay for booze, strippers, and bail for you two delinquents, but I'll definitely contribute to this. Hell, we may have to organize a road trip up from Texas to see this thing in person. Deep_uv, mglobe, Sean?

Action packed!

Quick Reply: Hey, Kibort and others...about our "duel"... wanna make lemonade outta lemons?