Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Who will win the shootout? VR or Kibort?
Kibort wins
57.89%
VR wins
42.11%
Voters: 152. You may not vote on this poll

Kibort and VR: a duel

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 11:30 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,710 Likes on 881 Posts

Originally Posted by deep_uv
Hey! I say we add that to the competition. 20 minute sprint race, 60 meter footrace and then who can **** the farthest. Kinda like the old American Gladiator competition, no?
Post of the day!!!!!!

Hey, on this PayPal thing....why are we doing that again? Where does the $ go??? I must have missed something when I was off arranging contract killings for some nasty folks OCONUS earlier today.

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
Old 03-24-2009, 11:32 PM
Bryan Watts
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like Kibo is accepting donations into his own private paypal account...shouldn't these donations be going into an account of an independent 3rd party?
Old 03-24-2009, 11:33 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bryan Watts
Looks like Kibo is accepting donations into his own private paypal account...shouldn't these donations be going into an account of an independent 3rd party?
Yeah, I don't get this. WTF? Mark, are you using other peoples' $ to pay for both of us or what???

Old 03-24-2009, 11:34 PM
Weston
Racer

Originally Posted by DWalker
ok so heres what i have, and offer-

i have a spec 944 sitting right outside the shop, and i have two more available to use
myself and a fellow raceshop have trackdays planned for this summer, and i have no issue at all addind these two gentlemen into the days activities, jsut need a date
the two 944s will be setup for each drivers preferences as much as a 944 spec car can be, and both cars will weigh the same , use the same tires, and be dynoed to assure even power
each drover gets to run in a practice session and make any adjustments, then a rolling start sprint race of say 20 laps. points given for fast lap, laps leading, finishing position, etc TBD. to make it interesting i think having another 4-5 cars in the race would truly show who is the best drover, but thats optional.

my A/V guy will be there taking video and stills and if we tie this in to help Travis go up Pikes Peak there may be local news coverage
What shop are you with? And are you SCCA or NASA racers? We've heard of a number of shops building 944's this year, but don't really know many of the new racers yet.
Old 03-24-2009, 11:43 PM
Greg Smith
Three Wheelin'

How do y'all explain this to your wives?
"Honey, I need to go to Denver next month."
W- "For what?"
"To show some guy on the internet than I'm faster than he is."
W-"Oh, ok."
Old 03-24-2009, 11:43 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 170 Likes on 66 Posts

Its for both of us to make this event happen.

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Yeah, I don't get this. WTF? Mark, are you using other peoples' $ to pay for both of us or what???

Old 03-24-2009, 11:47 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mark kibort
Its for both of us to make this event happen.
But.....it's your PayPal account?

Interesting.

I would be much more comfortable accepting others' money from RL if a neutral 3rd party held it. The fact is, I am NOT comfortable accepting $ from others here so you and i can play. And I am even less comfortable with it going to your PayPal account.

Greg, STFU and do your homework.

Old 03-24-2009, 11:50 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Im laughing so hard right now. My wife (and some on this list) think Im nuts! I am. But if she finds out that all that keyboard banging while she is watching CSI on Tivo has resulted in this grudge match, Ill never hear the end of it!

should be a hoot!

mk

Originally Posted by Greg Smith
How do y'all explain this to your wives?
"Honey, I need to go to Denver next month."
W- "For what?"
"To show some guy on the internet than I'm faster than he is."
W-"Oh, ok."
Old 03-24-2009, 11:53 PM
DWalker
Racer

You really dont know who I am Weston? Huh...

In the past I have done SCCA, HSR,POC, and PCA race prep, although some cars have run NASA I dont believe I have ever set a car up specifically for NASA. I have made commitments to do setup for Spec944 and SpecMiata for other shops that I cannot name, and have one here that is for rent. I havent myself been on track in anger in over 10 years (has it really been since '96??? wow) and although I technically have a racecar or two I have little interest in actually driving them myself. If your interested in setup help let me know and I will be glad to work with you.

BTW- I have no dog in this hunt, and although I would like to see VR beat MK, I dont care much who wins. My motivation behind this is to remove obstacles between these two in a positive manner that might actually end up being a lot of fun and otherwise entertaining.
Old 03-24-2009, 11:54 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

I just thought I would get it rolling, since if hacker did it we would have to run at RA.

Its for both of our expenses as well gas and tires for the event.

If someone doesnt want me to be incharge of it, i can transfer it to another paypal account.

Mk

Originally Posted by BobbyC
Where's VR's Paypal account? or is this a common setup for both of you?
Old 03-25-2009, 12:02 AM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

I understand. Let me know when you find a 3rd party and Ill transfer it all.

mk

But.....it's your PayPal account?

Interesting.

I would be much more comfortable accepting others' money from RL if a neutral 3rd party held it. The fact is, I am NOT comfortable accepting $ from others here so you and i can play. And I am even less comfortable with it going to your PayPal account.

Greg, STFU and do your homework.

Old 03-25-2009, 12:12 AM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

FUNNY! Im all over it. I must say though, I would hope we can weight the competition on the first two events, the third is a little tough for us over 40 crowd. ..... ahhhhh sure, why not.

This is the REAL American Gladiator Competition! Ill see if I can get a hold of Laser, Tower, Nitro and Sabre to toss water balloons at us as we drive down the main straight.

mk

Originally Posted by deep_uv
Hey! I say we add that to the competition. 20 minute sprint race, 60 meter footrace and then who can **** the farthest. Kinda like the old American Gladiator competition, no?
Old 03-25-2009, 12:14 AM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Double Awesome!

mk

Originally Posted by DWalker
ok so heres what i have, and offer-

i have a spec 944 sitting right outside the shop, and i have two more available to use
myself and a fellow raceshop have trackdays planned for this summer, and i have no issue at all addind these two gentlemen into the days activities, jsut need a date
the two 944s will be setup for each drivers preferences as much as a 944 spec car can be, and both cars will weigh the same , use the same tires, and be dynoed to assure even power
each drover gets to run in a practice session and make any adjustments, then a rolling start sprint race of say 20 laps. points given for fast lap, laps leading, finishing position, etc TBD. to make it interesting i think having another 4-5 cars in the race would truly show who is the best drover, but thats optional.

my A/V guy will be there taking video and stills and if we tie this in to help Travis go up Pikes Peak there may be local news coverage
Old 03-25-2009, 12:25 AM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

Just because you disparage his driving abilities doesn't mean you question his integrity.

Some might get the idea that you are trying to weasel out of it, on a technicality.
Old 03-25-2009, 12:25 AM
James-man
Race Car

Not voting (or betting). Have a great race and have fun!

Just one suggestion. Post-race beer drinking competition so others can play too.

Quick Reply: Kibort and VR: a duel