Sponsored by:

BEST CAR YOU EVER CRASHED?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 02:46 PM
MissBehavin'
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does this count??

I can’t post a pic, but it was a 69 Charger with a 440, 6 month old paint job.
She hit me and then quickly locked herself in her car.

I wanted to share a crash, er …. crush pic I cherish

In one anxious moment I got into my 69 Fairlane 428CJ
WITHOUT THE HOOD PINS IN….you visualize….

I needed some parts and found a local Torino, which we promptly stripped and held a traffic stopping show to stomp on.
I only wish I could of driven the truck!!!
Attached Images   
Old 03-01-2009, 10:42 PM
JWERION
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

jrotsaert, to answer your question; My mother did leave with my brother and sister, and I waited for my dad to get home (the car was in the garage with the cover on). Here is the back ground on the situation, I was senior in High school and my father had just sold the family business and could now fulfill a dream of his which was to own a Ferrari. This car was very special to him and a big deal in my family. When he arrived home I fixed him a few cocktails and then summoned up the courage to tell him and I knew one of two things would happen, he would come at me swinging or be so damn ticked that he wouldn't move or say anything right away. Lucky for me it was the latter and of course he said I had to pay to fix the damage which to my surprise was only $3,600 (rim, control arms, CV joint, axle) after taking a 30 MPH corner at 90+ MPH.

I was in a 4 wheel drift and the back of the car started to step out a little to much so I just ever so slightly eased up on the throttle which I thought would bring it back in line like a front engine car and it snapped back the other direction and i had to correct to keep from heading into the oncomming lane, which put me into a spin. I was able to stop the spin but now we where going backward at about 70+ MPH when we hit a curb and were in the air for a measured 40 ft. (measured by the officer) before the next tire caught the curb then spun out in some ladies front yard and just missed a stop sign by less than a foot. I restared the car drove about a block with it spitting bearings out from the CV joint. I pulled over and we all got out of the car and changed the tire very fast but not before the cops showed up.
What can I say I was dumb teenager who got very lucky that no one got hurt. This incident taught me severel great life lessons which have served me well.
Old 03-01-2009, 11:33 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

RSA #1 is the only race car I've ever done more than rip a spoiler off of. But it was a pretty good hit, Sears T1. Thankfully, that tub was already tweaked and poorly repaired when I bought the car, so no big loss.
Old 03-01-2009, 11:46 PM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 527 Likes on 282 Posts

Huey....

Before...

then after ...

and now... (as seen in Excellence)
Attached Images     

Getting You On Track!
www.naroescapemotorsports.com
704-395-2975
  • Data Analysis & Coaching
  • Drivers Gear
  • Crew Gear
  • Car Gear

'07 SPC
'71 914/6 Huey
'04 GT3

Old 03-02-2009, 12:28 AM
jrotsaert
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JWERION
jrotsaert, to answer your question; My mother did leave with my brother and sister, and I waited for my dad to get home (the car was in the garage with the cover on). Here is the back ground on the situation, I was senior in High school and my father had just sold the family business and could now fulfill a dream of his which was to own a Ferrari. This car was very special to him and a big deal in my family. When he arrived home I fixed him a few cocktails and then summoned up the courage to tell him and I knew one of two things would happen, he would come at me swinging or be so damn ticked that he wouldn't move or say anything right away. Lucky for me it was the latter and of course he said I had to pay to fix the damage which to my surprise was only $3,600 (rim, control arms, CV joint, axle) after taking a 30 MPH corner at 90+ MPH.

I was in a 4 wheel drift and the back of the car started to step out a little to much so I just ever so slightly eased up on the throttle which I thought would bring it back in line like a front engine car and it snapped back the other direction and i had to correct to keep from heading into the oncomming lane, which put me into a spin. I was able to stop the spin but now we where going backward at about 70+ MPH when we hit a curb and were in the air for a measured 40 ft. (measured by the officer) before the next tire caught the curb then spun out in some ladies front yard and just missed a stop sign by less than a foot. I restared the car drove about a block with it spitting bearings out from the CV joint. I pulled over and we all got out of the car and changed the tire very fast but not before the cops showed up.
What can I say I was dumb teenager who got very lucky that no one got hurt. This incident taught me severel great life lessons which have served me well.
Thanks for sharing. Great story!
Old 03-02-2009, 10:14 AM
Willard Bridgham 3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Van
I balled up a silver rose 944 Turbo S once...

Even I remember that one........
Old 03-02-2009, 10:48 AM
DM993tt
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

'79 930. Hit ice, broke a telephone pole with my driver's door. Miraculously walked away with a bruise on my thigh.
Attached Images   
Old 03-02-2009, 03:18 PM
rlm328
Rennlist Member

Received 309 Likes on 206 Posts

1974 Ice Green 911 (totaled), my 1st Porsche.

Last edited by rlm328; 03-03-2009 at 01:52 PM.
Old 03-02-2009, 06:32 PM
sjanes
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DM993tt
'79 930. Hit ice, broke a telephone pole with my driver's door. Miraculously walked away with a bruise on my thigh.
Ouch! Amazing you didn't get hurt considering where the pole hit.
Old 03-02-2009, 11:10 PM
PedroNole
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DM993tt
For anyone that questions a Porsche's safety, this is the poster child....
Old 03-03-2009, 04:38 AM
VZ935
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wrecked my boxer when I lived in Italy.. came out of a tunnel... short open stretch then right into another tunnel.. in Italy they will close one direction of a tunnel to work on and then split the tunnel with opposite traffic in two and guide traffic into the oposite tunnel.. I was rolling, I mean on it .... and came out of the tunnel, that big windshield and some serious sun light hit me just right ... blinded for a sec and by the time I realized the tunnel was closed it was too late... they put out saw horses with a salt hanging from the center piece for weight to block the road... I hit the sucker square. Did some damage to the car and flat spotted the two front tires !!

Old 03-03-2009, 09:56 AM
Paul 996
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Here is my walk down memory lane.

1995 993, my first Pcar. I hit a lot of things on multiple corners of the car and was a massive fail on my part due to inexperience.

It all started with a buck crossing the sweeping corner that I was in the middle of. I hit him too but just a glancing blow that put me in a bad trajectory.

Coming around a long right hander, car is set. See a deer running across the road from my left crossing my path. So I lifted hard and brake checked trying to slow down and turn a little left. Of course as we all know the car turned much more than I wanted and ended up shooting across the road backward. The median happened to be covered in fresh loose sand from a snow storm the previous week. Like an accelerant I tell ya.

As with others, I luckily walked away without a scratch but with a headache that lasted for a day or so.

She hit a big curb as she left the roadway, took out a road sign on the way across the grass, tore down a chain link fence and came to a gentle rest facing the road with her backside up against a big oak tree.

The sinking feeling of looking at your dash in the aftermath with all the lights flashing at you and thinking Oh dear turn it off to save the engine.. LOL

Edit: the best part... all of this less than a 1/2 mile from home in a small town. So I got to wave at my neighbors all morning as they drove by the destruction with me surrounded by police cars and a tow truck.
Attached Images  
Old 03-03-2009, 10:28 AM
WalkerInTN
Burning Brakes

Didn't total it, but I did do $13,000 in damage to the rear corner of my GT3 back in 2007 at Barber.
Old 03-03-2009, 10:47 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,414 Likes on 755 Posts

Originally Posted by WalkerInTN
Didn't total it, but I did do $13,000 in damage to the rear corner of my GT3 back in 2007 at Barber.
Does that include replacing grass & Armco, or just sheetmetal?

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
Old 03-03-2009, 11:32 AM
WalkerInTN
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Does that include replacing grass & Armco, or just sheetmetal?
That was just on the car, I forget how much the 2 pieces of Armco cost me. No charge for the grass.

Quick Reply: BEST CAR YOU EVER CRASHED?