Selling my 993 track/street/track car..

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 10:41 PM
jford
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 672 Likes on 474 Posts

Originally Posted by 911 Wail Tale
Good luck with the sale. The market is way tough---$42k may be overly optomistic---I just bought a similar car (1 owner 1997) with 60k miles, 3 sets of rims, euro tranny,lwf, Moton clubsports, and 2 sets of new Hoosiers for $32,500---PPI was PERFECT!!!! I tried to get the dude to throw in the Trailex as well, but no cigar.... lol.....
adam
That's a smoking deal for sure and they do come along from time to time. I do think, however, that you have to, as they say, throw out the high and toss out the low.

My price is a starting point and includes lots of extra's, that being said, I have lowered the price a bit.
Old 03-03-2009, 10:49 PM
jford
Addict
Rennlist Member

Funny, I didnt' check back to this thread for some reason as I had cross posted this in a couple of places.

Sundog thanks for the good whishes, I, of course will see you in OT if not at the track. Nice thing about selling a race car is that you know you can get just a good deal down the road as you gave somone else and you get a new ride in the process. I will be back.

Mark...what a differance a year makes huh? Last we spoke/typed I was contemplating a move to club racing. I was moving towards Motons and the promised 15 second drop in lap times at Summit Pt. Good thing I didn't pull the trigger. Thanks for your help and for such a great member of the 993 and racing forums these past years.

Corner Carver...the trailex may go yet although I am trying to hold out as they seem to be hard to come by used and I do plan on getting back to the track.

BTW price on car is lowered.
Old 03-03-2009, 11:44 PM
PedroNole
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 911 Wail Tale
Good luck with the sale. The market is way tough---$42k may be overly optomistic---I just bought a similar car (1 owner 1997) with 60k miles, 3 sets of rims, euro tranny,lwf, Moton clubsports, and 2 sets of new Hoosiers for $32,500---PPI was PERFECT!!!! I tried to get the dude to throw in the Trailex as well, but no cigar.... lol.....
adam
Wow, with all that money you saved, maybe you can afford a Rennlist membership
Old 03-04-2009, 09:53 AM
swftiii
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Jamie,

It has been a long time since we tracked together, but I'm sorry to hear you leaving the fold. May I suggest finishing the house and picking up a cheam 964 as a project/track car to keep your fingers in the track thing. You can pick them up pretty cheap and they are fun...

I didn't see the shop manuals on your list...

Good luck and I hope to see you at the track soon.

-Skip
Old 03-04-2009, 11:58 AM
jford
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks Skip, hope all is well with you and family in Florida.

I forget to put in the full set of shop manuals, thanks.

When I return, the 964 platform is the most likely route. I also intend on getting some graphics and hopefully a full cage.

Cheers.

Jamie
Old 03-04-2009, 03:33 PM
swftiii
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Sounds like your plan is the same one I have executed - moving to a 964 w/ cage and graphics. I'm also trying to move back up to DC - Sebring has been fun, but I miss the rolling hills of VA and the fun times I have had running at Summit Point - It is a great and fun track.

-Skip

Quick Reply: Selling my 993 track/street/track car..