Sponsored by:

need help on Schroth T-bar style 6pt sub belts

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 06:58 PM
911vet
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default need help on Schroth T-bar style 6pt sub belts

I'm installing my Schroth 6pt sub belts. I have the T-bar style on a Profi harness.

I'm trying to figure out where the buckles should go? (i.e. the buckles that are used to adjust belt tension, not the snap-on brackets that hook to eyebolts).

To locate the buckles above the seat cushion, they have to be pulled to their tightest position. They aren't too tight but there's no adjustment left. And even then, the buckles end up on the cushion where they will eat it up. Not to mention they are against my thighs and near the genitals and seem really dangerous.

Are they supposed to go below the seat, and therefore be non-adjustable while I'm sitting in the seat?

Last edited by 911vet; 02-11-2009 at 10:21 PM.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:08 PM
KRA993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FWIW, mine are above the seat cut out as you describe. I've used them like this for 3 years with no issues. Isn't there adjustment at the snap-on mounting bracket?
Old 02-11-2009, 10:29 PM
911vet
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by KRA993tt
Isn't there adjustment at the snap-on mounting bracket?
Yep, no problem adjusting the overall length. My issue is that to have the tension-adjusters above the cushion, I have to pull them as tight as they can go. Then the buckles sit on the top of the cushion and are right next to each other between my legs in what seems like a undesireable place.

Adjusting down at the snap-on bracket doesn't affect what I'm talking about here. The sewn on part of the strap prevents the buckle from being able to sit higher on my thigh... so it's sitting on top of the cushion. Side by side, the two buckles are wedged between my legs and want to bang into each other.

I'm thinking I need to put them right on top of the cutout and let them rest between the cushions instead of on top of it? Or below the seat entirely?
Old 02-11-2009, 11:46 PM
amr89c4
Pro

Fwiw, here's how I did mine. The top of adjustment sliders are just just at the top of the seat cushions when the harness is pulled up tight with the shoulder belts. These pics were taken before the final adjustment. The final position of the sliders is actually lower than what you see here.

I don't even notice them. Ymmv.
Attached Images   
Old 02-12-2009, 09:42 AM
KRA993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

I had to adjust mine a number of times until I got it just right and haven't messed with it since. It sounds like you have the straps coming up your crotch like the picture that amr89cr shows so the buckles are side by side. They should come up flat against your legs like a parachute/climbing harness. I think if you get the buckle in the right spot you'll find they become reasonably comfortable and most importantly they keep your belts where they will protect you best.
Old 02-12-2009, 01:57 PM
RedlineMan
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hey;

I have the sliders on my Hybrids adjusted so they sit right in the seat cover openning. They are high enough to be accessible for adjustment, but are low enough that I never notice them when tightened. I think you just need to keep fiddling. It does indeed take a while, like Keith said. I always go through these adjustments with my customers before they leave the shop.
Old 02-13-2009, 10:50 PM
911vet
Burning Brakes

Thanks, all. I was wondering if I was doing something fundamentally wrong. Sounds like the answer is to just fiddle with it 'till it fits. Got it!

Quick Reply: need help on Schroth T-bar style 6pt sub belts