Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It's that time of year...

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 12:24 AM
RonCT
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Unfortunately, there's no way around it... Hunt through the various scheduling websites as mentioned, go to each track you visit to see if they have dates up, go to each PCA chapter for the same reason, etc. Create the spreadsheet and monitor. The addition of New Jersey has really made an impact - I think there are something like 60 days between WGI, LRP, and NJ that are just PCA DE / Race dates to pick from.
Old 02-10-2009, 10:50 AM
RickBetterley
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by sbarton
This is exactly what I did last year. I was tired of going to a gazillion sites trying to find the info I was looking for to find events I wanted to go to.
I also wanted an easy way to see what events my friends where going to so that I could decide which events I should go to to.
Thus I created MyTrackSchedule.com.

MyTrackSchedule.com is different from other sites in that it includes HPDE events from all over the US and Canada, not just a few select events on the East Coast. If an event, track, or group is missing, users can add it themselves, which helps to keep MyTrackSchedule.com the most up to date and thorough. There are also several different ways to find and view the events you are looking for. There is the Schedule page that shows the entire list of events for the year. This page has enough detailed info about each event to be able to quickly decide if you are interested in the event. It has the track name and location (if you place your mouse over the name), group that is hosting it, dates including days of the week (great info if you can only do weekend events etc), number of track days, and prices for entry fees. You can filter this list down to just the events that you are interested in (more on this later). There is also the Calendar, where you can view the all of the track events on a Calendar by Month. This allows you to more easily see when events are occurring. There is also an Advanced Search function that allows you to quickly and easily find the events you are looking for (more on this later also). It is much easier to use and even more powerful than other sites.

-Scott
I am an idiot (please, no confirmations - I get enough of those already); I completely forgot about MyTrackSchedule.com.
Apologies to Scott (and thanks for reminding me).
Old 02-10-2009, 05:02 PM
Qwickrick
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Rick B
If you haven't been to NJMP yet, it's worth the drive for you.
Glad you made it through the winter. You should also consider Hooked on Driving at the Glen in late April.
Old 02-10-2009, 05:20 PM
RickBetterley
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts

Hi Rick
I would like to get to NJMP; would be a good way for me to extend my season. Can you suggest an early event?
I admit the haul down 95 is a bit off-putting.
Hooked on Driving sounds like fun, too. I'll check into it.
Survive winter? Glad I ski. Track car has been in the shop for some small stuff (like a new steering rack, tuneup, etc. and I miss not having it around).
Old 02-10-2009, 05:43 PM
sbarton
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

NJMP is cool. Schattenbaum PCA has several dates there where they are doing both tracks over 2-3 days.
http://www.MyTrackSchedule.com/ViewG...hattenbaum_PCA

-Scott

Quick Reply: It's that time of year...