Sponsored by:

I FINALLY made it to TWS [plus video]

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 05:08 PM
Greg Smith
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Well, guess what, Greg? I didn't ask you, and no one else did either. And I really could not care less what you doubt. I have indeed reviewed said data, whether you choose to believe it or not.

Why don't you ask Mr. Cervelli why he chose that line in the video where he set a track record? How many track records have you set at TWS? Geezus...

Oh, and by the way, no it won't be yes or no because (a) track conditions change, (b) cars change (c) tire conditions change (d) et cetera.

What is it with you children? Don't you have homework to do?
And here you are with your uber defensive posts as usual, I was just questioning your post. If someone questions or doubts you you immediately jump on them. With you it's always a one way discussion, and you're always right (atleast in your own head).

Yes I know Chris Cervelli is fast. Just because it's a lap record doesn't mean it's the fastest way around. I don't know if he's reviewed data about different lines in that particular turn. Let me be clear: I'm not trying to take anything away from CV. WTF does my lack of track records at TWS have to do with this? I do have a track record at ECR, you know what it means? Jack squat, there are faster ways around than mine.

You said you had seen data from GT3 C's and RSR's, where does this other car data come in? Obviously track conditions change. If you ask me the line through BB at MSR, obviously I'm going to give you the dry line, not the wet one, so lets not go to extremes to satisfy your 'in general' point. And yes tires can 'go away'. Again, for our example we're using a well setup car, not some drift monster, on a clear 75* day with 25% humidity with the wind heading SSW at 2.375mph. Happy?

What is it with you attacking us when we doubt you the slightest bit? Is name calling and belittling really necessary? I can't believe I'm saying this, but grow up.

On the topic in general, I think I know which way is faster(because it 'feels' faster), but recommending a line because it 'feels' faster doesn't really mean anything. Ryan, care to post said data?
Old 01-28-2009, 05:11 PM
himself
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Greg Smith
I do have a track record at ECR, you know what it means? Jack squat, there are faster ways around than mine.
Didn't you cut through across at turn 5? There's nothing faster than that

-td
Old 01-28-2009, 05:17 PM
ervtx
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Russell, you can, presuming your car will rotate smoothly thru 5. Again, the "bowl" efect really helps hold most cars here IMO. A lot of folks FEEL as if their car will lose control, but in reality it won't unless they surprise it here. It is very fast, and, as George said, a lot of folks give up way too much time here by driving out and then back. When you drive that section clockwise, see how well it works as a double apex sweeper. In reality, it works as such going CCW as well.
Well, according to George, my car won't rotate worth ****, because it's an AWD.

OK, but if I get the T6 turn-in done right going CW, T6-T5 is closer to a constant radius turn that it would be going CCW. Are you saying that if I draw my optimal CW line on a map of the course, I should be able to drive the same line going CCW?
Old 01-28-2009, 05:19 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,666 Likes on 859 Posts

Greg, don't play coy. You weren't questioning. You were calling me a liar. It was not ME attacking YOU, bub, and you know it. As I said, I saw the data, and the vast majority of the time & set-ups, apexing was faster.

Grow up.
Old 01-28-2009, 05:20 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,666 Likes on 859 Posts

Originally Posted by ervtx

OK, but if I get the T6 turn-in done right going CW, T6-T5 is closer to a constant radius turn that it would be going CCW. Are you saying that if I draw my optimal CW line on a map of the course, I should be able to drive the same line going CCW?
Almost. Almost.
Old 01-28-2009, 05:23 PM
Greg Smith
Three Wheelin'

Greg, don't play coy. You weren't questioning. You were calling me a liar. It was not ME attacking YOU, bub, and you know it. As I said, I saw the data, and the vast majority of the time & set-ups, apexing was faster.

Grow up.
Whatever you wish to believe, I couldn't really care. VR is always right.
Old 01-28-2009, 05:30 PM
George A
Three Wheelin'

It's not only the car, it's also the driver....

The awd's can rotate but nowhere near to what the rwd's can do. You should try one....

Yes....

That was way to many ....'s

G.
Old 01-28-2009, 05:44 PM
ervtx
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by George A
It's not only the car, it's also the driver....

The awd's can rotate but nowhere near to what the rwd's can do. You should try one....

Yes....

That was way to many ....'s

G.
Uh, yeah. I knew that. Sarcasm, you know? I also know that they don't throttle steer or trail brake as easily, but damn, you should see how it pulls out the hairpin at MSR 3.1 and T5 at ECR. No advantages whatsoever at TWS, though. Seriously, you should come over to house and try mine some day... PSS9's soft in front and full stiff in the rear, PSM off, spare tire removed from the trunk, and lightweight Volk TE37's, and the beast can actually turn!
Old 01-28-2009, 06:50 PM
George A
Three Wheelin'

Uh, yeah. I knew that. Sarcasm, you know? I also know that they don't throttle steer or trail brake as easily, but damn, you should see how it pulls out the hairpin at MSR 3.1 and T5 at ECR. No advantages whatsoever at TWS, though. Seriously, you should come over to house and try mine some day... PSS9's soft in front and full stiff in the rear, PSM off, spare tire removed from the trunk, and lightweight Volk TE37's, and the beast can actually turn!
Sarcasm on my part too... I'm just not good with the smiles.

Yup, they pull great out of turns. I think they can be driven just as fast, if not faster, but it requires a different form of line/skill/tactic.

Hey, that sounds good. You live right by me, don't you? You should try mine, it's like a giant gokart. Maybe at the next DE we'll swap for a session. Even as much of a pig as I think mine is, it's still just such a hoot to throw around the track.

G.
Old 01-28-2009, 06:54 PM
Greg Smith
Three Wheelin'

George, what does you car weight with you in it?
Old 01-28-2009, 07:00 PM
George A
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Greg Smith
George, what does you car weight with you in it?
3,196 lbs. is my minimum weight. That's without a drop of gas. Way too much!!!!! I've got something like 150 lbs of ballast in the passenger floorboard.

You would think I would be smart enough to take it out for DE's.

G.
Old 01-28-2009, 07:04 PM
Greg Smith
Three Wheelin'

3,196 lbs. is my minimum weight. That's without a drop of gas. Way too much!!!!! I've got something like 150 lbs of ballast in the passenger floorboard.

You would think I would be smart enough to take it out for DE's.

G.
Yikes, I didn't realize it was that much. My minimum weight with driver is 3154 lbs, at the last race I weighed 3168 lbs. Did you ever get a full cage?
Old 01-28-2009, 07:11 PM
RyanZ06
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Those are 4 wheel drive. Not in the same ballpark...

G.
Haha, I'm well aware they are all wheel drive, it's my dad's. I was simply telling my experience. I will probably get behind the wheel of a cup car towards the end of this year in preparation for '10 24h Daytona, if all the stars align.
Old 01-28-2009, 07:11 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Priceless:........................................................................ .......

A driver coach with no data aq

Now he's buddies with cervelli's data

Still scratching your students ...............

Damn dave , no good rerference, huh !

A pro with no Go

Old 01-28-2009, 07:12 PM
George A
Three Wheelin'

Nope, I haven't raced it in almost two years now. I'm eighter going to cage it and race it or go sbox route and save the 993 for DE's.

G.

Quick Reply: I FINALLY made it to TWS [plus video]