Sponsored by:

Plug for playing around with suspension settings

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 10:02 PM
M758
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mark kibort
With your issues showing problems during "trail braking", had you tried lowering the rear brake bias?
softening up your rear springs, swaybar, lower rebound, change tire pressures, etc etc. There are so many things I would like to try, but never get enough test time to be bold enough to make radical changes.

Great topic of discussion.

mk
I can't adjust brake bias in this class so, but the others I considered. sway bars, rebound, rear alignment. I knew it was not a tire pressure thing as I have been running the same pressure in RA-1 for many years and they work. Also the coform to others in the class.

So I did try a number of things, but never the front bar for fear of making it worse elsewhere.

The other thing to consider is that sometimes a change works only when some other part of the car is set a certain way. Long ago I raised the front end, took out some camber and put in new shocks all around. I think that be came the root of my issues as all that was supposed to help, but I had take most of that out over the years. However taking it out gets complicated when you change that much. I may have gotten lost in the settings. Good news is now I am back to where I need to be and will not fear making a change as long as it is something I can test and dail out if needed. Too many changes at one can be a problem.

Quick Reply: Plug for playing around with suspension settings