SCCA GT2 Class racing

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 08:14 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by analogmike
I have been keeping up on the rules since I ran GT2 in '05 (beat Goughary everywhere but the runoffs, the only National race I did not win).

You can't run the RSR wing, you have to run the GT spec wing.
it used to be you needed to spend a grand on an ACTUAL '77 turbo whale tail (if you could even find one) what a dumb rule...

An air cooled 911 now is more competitive than ever. But it will be tough to beat a 996 cup car at Road America, they should be faster on the straight (than anything!). I think my 996 cup had the top speed record at Mid Ohio.

A car like Musantes could be pretty competitive but he would have to add weight and reduce his wing, not sure might have to narrow his track too.

I might like to try a 996 cup in GT2 again now they the runoffs are at Road America, as accelerating out of the slow turns at Mid Ohio let the light cars get too far ahead of me and I have no desire to spend a week in Kansas (been there, done that, 20 years ago in solo-II)

I wish I could run my 997 cup in GT2 with ballast, I should have put in a rule request. now it's dogmeat in GT1.

have fun!!!

Agree that a 996 is the way to go for GT2 ........................................

The 2 cars posted are not tub cars , but re-bodied tube chassis cars , geoff
will have to do modifications to fit that wing to his tub ...
Old 01-16-2009, 09:22 PM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 40 Posts

A tube chassis 911 is the way to go in SCCA for sure. the 935 / 993 suspension is just not as good as the real race car suspension the other tube frame guys have in their Nissans and Toyotas. And they have near 400HP at 2200 lbs too. Just not that much torque.

I think making enough room in the wheelwells to run the cup car slicks would help too. Goughary could not believe how much faster my pig 996 cup was in the fast turns at the Glen, due to the tires.
Old 01-18-2009, 05:09 PM
JWERION
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jarez, Here is link to Hoerr racing products, they sell a wing that meets the rules requirment for SCCA GT2.
http://www.hrpworld.com/index.cfm?fo...action=product

Quick Reply: SCCA GT2 Class racing