Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ferrari favortism?............Nah............

Old 12-23-2008, 04:17 PM
DWalker
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think what we have here in your case, is selective memory.... Tell me, how bad does it burn you that on Mikie's worse day he is still better than LH, no matter how much technology they steal or how many times they let him slide for throwing a fit and slamming into someone

You still really havent stated any facts. The fact is that Ferrari did not win a GP championship for something like 12 YEARS before MS and crew came over and completely revamped Ferraris F1 effort. All the bitching and moaning is useless without something other than your (obviously very biased) opinion. Ferrari doesnt steal technology and get fined for it, they dont have to. Every time theres a rule change they deal and cope with it as best they can. Care to remember how badly their new chassis sucked a couple of seasons ago? so badly they had to run the previous years car? Yeap, they get ALL the breaks. Im not a particularly rabid Ferrari fan, dont care much really, but I do think its simply pathetic how all the Ferrari haters out there can do is claim cheat or favoritism, its not that thier favorite driver/teams just arent doing as well or not driving as well, its obviously a conspiracy. Seriously though, I am glad this is your hobby, if you played with guns with this sort of misplaced fanaticism I would be seriously concerned for the publics safety.
Old 12-23-2008, 04:24 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DWalker
I think what we have here in your case, is selective memory.... Tell me, how bad does it burn you that on Mikie's worse day he is still better than LH, no matter how much technology they steal or how many times they let him slide for throwing a fit and slamming into someone

You still really havent stated any facts. The fact is that Ferrari did not win a GP championship for something like 12 YEARS before MS and crew came over and completely revamped Ferraris F1 effort. All the bitching and moaning is useless without something other than your (obviously very biased) opinion. Ferrari doesnt steal technology and get fined for it, they dont have to. Every time theres a rule change they deal and cope with it as best they can. Care to remember how badly their new chassis sucked a couple of seasons ago? so badly they had to run the previous years car? Yeap, they get ALL the breaks. Im not a particularly rabid Ferrari fan, dont care much really, but I do think its simply pathetic how all the Ferrari haters out there can do is claim cheat or favoritism, its not that thier favorite driver/teams just arent doing as well or not driving as well, its obviously a conspiracy. Seriously though, I am glad this is your hobby, if you played with guns with this sort of misplaced fanaticism I would be seriously concerned for the publics safety.
pete ! stinkypete, is dat you , you bastard

What about that benneton era
what about australia 07
what about mass damper

Yep you have amigo qualities alright ,,, myopia , Ray, give the man an application . welcome !

owned :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLZLx...eature=related

Last edited by A.Wayne; 12-23-2008 at 08:28 PM.
Old 12-23-2008, 04:39 PM
trumperZ06
Burning Brakes

Geez, we have suspected and now KNOW that Ferrari's received special treatment in Formula One.

Ferrari has received special favors for years, as Ecclestone acknowledged in the Times article when he said...

"All the extra little things Ferrari has had for years - the General Help they have considered to have had in Formula One ".

Thats above & beyond the $80 million or so in monetary compensation that Ferrari's enjoyed (prehaps more each year)... since Bernie sez he "Bought & Paid " for Ferrari back in 2003 !!!
Old 12-24-2008, 01:29 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2,869 Likes on 1,709 Posts

BRAVO, BRAVO.

No Wayne, it's not me, he's simply better in the written word than I.

There are a lot of Ferrari haters out there and yes, on Mikey's worst day, he laps not only Hamilton, but Kimi, Massa and the rest of them.

Face it, without Ferrari, F1 doesn't make the $$ it enjoys today. Take Ferrari out of F1 and it's like taking Tiger Woods out of golf. Everyone bitches and complains about Tiger beating them, but he makes them a lot more money than if they go at it without him.

Look at the stands on anygiven weekend, it's a sea of red, like it or not. As such, they get more $$, you know why? BECAUSE THEY CAN, THAT'S WHY. They have leverage other teams don't have.

If all the haters out there would be honest with themselves they would see that after Schumacher won a couple straight with Ferrari, there were several rules put in place and changed to stop that freight train. None of it worked until the single tire rule.
Old 12-24-2008, 01:36 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Dez thinks he has a smoking gun with this thread, but all the teams know about this already. The bottom line is Bernie's grip is loosening. The following is a post from this morning in London. It's pretty clear.

Ecclestone won't split teams - Howett
24 December 2008

Toyota F1 president John Howett says Bernie Ecclestone will not be able to divide and conquer the Formula One Teams Association (FOTA) very easily after many saw Ecclestone's revealing comments about Ferrari's preferential treatment as a bid to do exactly that.

"He may be trying to split FOTA but all the information that was given is veyr transparent and openly shared among the members of FOTA," Howett told The Times newspaper. "It was a bit of a non-event because everyone is aware of the historic status of Ferrari."

Ecclestone's comments came as FOTA chairman and Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo spoke out calling for a bigger share of F1 revenues for the teams.

"I think the majority position in FOTA is that we feel that the revenue for a modern, professional sport is normally distributed more in favour of the participants than the property holder or the commercial rights holder," he added. "We want to open that discussion and achieve a much more consistent balance with the status in many other professional sports."
Old 12-24-2008, 02:28 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Pete

There are a lot of Ferrari haters out there and yes, on Mikey's worst day, he laps not only Hamilton, but Kimi, Massa and the rest of them.

Face it, without Ferrari, F1 doesn't make the $$ it enjoys today. Take Ferrari out of F1 and it's like taking Tiger Woods out of golf. Everyone bitches and complains about Tiger beating them, but he makes them a lot more money than if they go at it without him.

Look at the stands on anygiven weekend, it's a sea of red, like it or not. As such, they get more $$, you know why? BECAUSE THEY CAN, THAT'S WHY. They have leverage other teams don't have.

If all the haters out there would be honest with themselves they would see that after Schumacher won a couple straight with Ferrari, there were several rules put in place and changed to stop that freight train. None of it worked until the single tire rule.

Meh
Old 12-24-2008, 01:03 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Merry Christmas to you Wayne, you old battle ax
Old 12-24-2008, 01:57 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Pete
Merry Christmas to you Wayne, you old battle ax
can we say that , i mean battle axe , could be offensive yuh know .....

Best of wishes to you petey , may your milky be warm and santa bring you all the reasoning you need to compete next year , if we are still here

ahhh Crap dis is not going to work ! Merry Christmas you Ferrari Ballswasher ! May your pick be as crappy next year as it was dis year ....
Old 12-24-2008, 03:25 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

MOMMMMMMM, he's instigating!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ferrari favortism?............Nah............