Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

12-13-08 Sebring Shakedown with BrokeAss (Terry Riedel) VIDEO

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 08:51 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

Haha, just contributing to the party, better too much than too little beer, is what I say
Hard to match people who tow a nightclub to the track though

Maybe I took some laps to see what the weight in the nose would do

About those driving skills..
Or lack thereof, as soon as I get around to it, I will look into a driving coach to spend a day or 2 at Sebring with and figure out how do drive with the engine in the back ;-)
Old 12-16-2008, 09:01 PM
FLA997
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
I thought I saw a disco ball in that trailer....
Old 12-17-2008, 12:29 AM
mkk62
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

fyi that black supercharged lotus on slicks was doing around 2:30 or faster (shawn C) and you were on his butt so your times are very fast for a newbie! sorry i missed you there...great car..
Old 12-17-2008, 12:49 AM
FLA997
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by mkk62
fyi that black supercharged lotus on slicks was doing around 2:30 or faster (shawn C) and you were on his butt so your times are very fast for a newbie! sorry i missed you there...great car..
Thanks for the info...I wanted to "play" more with him, but a Z06 butthead dangerous move caused us to separate on the back straight. Look forward to meeting him and you. I'l be back on the 3rd of January. If you are there, please stop by and say HI.

Rob
Old 12-17-2008, 08:58 AM
BrokeAss
Driver Carries No Cash
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know who was driving the Cayman that tagged the wall on the exit of 16?
Old 12-17-2008, 09:11 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

No, but he went out of the pit 2 cars before me and the black flag was out after 3 corners for me.

It did looked pretty banged up when I drove by..
Old 12-18-2008, 12:43 AM
mkk62
Burning Brakes

know the guy, nice guy (forgot his name of course) used to run a silver mercedes c55, just got signed off for advanced that day..talked to him aftewards, think it was turn 16 said that the car started darting after he was on the straightaway, either fluid or car problem....just "lost control" on the straight...he just got that car recently too.....too bad...he thought frame was bent ....
Old 12-18-2008, 12:45 AM
mkk62
Burning Brakes

AC99 just cancelled jan3rd, wife 8 1/2 mos pregnant and 2 yr old at home...not gonna happen...will be back in april. 'm the asian guy (the better looking one other than Chin )
Old 12-18-2008, 02:08 PM
BrokeAss
Driver Carries No Cash
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mkk62
know the guy, nice guy (forgot his name of course) used to run a silver mercedes c55, just got signed off for advanced that day..talked to him aftewards, think it was turn 16 said that the car started darting after he was on the straightaway, either fluid or car problem....just "lost control" on the straight...he just got that car recently too.....too bad...he thought frame was bent ....
I hate to see that. Unfortunately, the most dangerous time for a DE driver is when they get "signed off". I'll bet the instructor that signed him off is questioning his judgement.

I doubt it was "fluid or car problem". I drove my truck out towards the wreck site and had a look over the wall. Reading the tea leaves, it looks like he early apexed 16 and ran wide over the rumbles. (that'll shake your fillings loose!) There were "tracks" in the dirt past the end of the rumble strip, I'm guess he lost control of the car with one set of wheels on the pavement and one side in the dirt.

No matter the cause, I still feel bad for the guy. The car is probably totaled and his wife probably went nuts on him.

...hope he doesn't give up on the sport entirely.
Old 12-18-2008, 10:51 PM
PedroNole
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I've had a couple of "brown alert" moments there myself... For those that read this, the next time you round 16, just notice ALL THAT SPACE to the left. No need to come back onto the track too soon....
Old 12-18-2008, 11:01 PM
DanS911
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah since they put up that outside wall the inside wall has taken some serious abuse, folks go a bit wide see the big bad wall there and yank it back... front end bites and round we go into the inside wall.

They put that outside wall there to make more space for RVs at the 12hr. We lobbied like hell to get them to take it down for the other 350 or so days of the year but no luck. BTW the last two years there have been NO Rv's that far up the straight (from 17)
Old 12-18-2008, 11:08 PM
DanS911
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BTw Rob, (kinda back on topic) let's just say that in the early days Mr Riedel wasn't the easiest on equipment.......Fists 'o ham I think was the nickname.
Match that up with his first experience with a "less than precise" 915 gear box and the video has screams of "STOP BREAKING MY CAR" "STOP BREAKING MY CAR" "GET OUT.......GET THE F@#%* OUT
He's much gentler now .......But when 'ole Blue comes back it ain't happening!!
Old 12-18-2008, 11:13 PM
PedroNole
Rennlist Member

Has he put in the pole and the disco ball yet?
Old 12-19-2008, 08:19 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

hate to see that. Unfortunately, the most dangerous time for a DE driver is when they get "signed off". I'll bet the instructor that signed him off is questioning his judgement.
Yes, heartbraking to see someone crash his car and lets' face it; We all have or could have been there at our different stages of DE, and I agree that the new Solo drivers are at most risk.
Worth mentioning to the sudent who wants to go Solo next time, on top of explaining that they are giving up a lot of good stuff they get from instructors.

They put that outside wall there to make more space for RVs at the 12hr. We lobbied like hell to get them to take it down for the other 350 or so days of the year but no luck. BTW the last two years there have been NO Rv's that far up the straight (from 17)
The wall there is insane for one event a year!!+1

Fists 'o ham
Riedel can drive our back-up Mustang anytime...

Has he put in the pole and the disco ball yet?
I am pretty sure the disco lights and ball are there, I have not seen a pole yet.
Old 12-19-2008, 08:44 AM
PedroNole
Rennlist Member

I am pretty sure the disco lights and ball are there, I have not seen a pole yet.
Aha! Now I know what I can get him for Christmas

Quick Reply: 12-13-08 Sebring Shakedown with BrokeAss (Terry Riedel) VIDEO