Sponsored by:

F1 car vs. M5 on Top Gear

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2008, 12:03 AM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by TroyN
They show it all the time on BBC America, fyi.
Top Gear, not Fifth Gear. And the BBC America showings just concluded the 2005 season. Which is kinda funny to watch and go into the wayback machine, and see how much has changed.
Old 10-05-2008, 12:06 AM
KurtC
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Top Gear is on BBC America, that was Fifth Gear which I don't think is available in the US. (except on youtube)
Edit: what he said ^^^^

Looks like he handled himself much better than Richard Hammond did.
Old 10-05-2008, 12:12 AM
Jarez Mifkin
Three Wheelin'

Awesomeness, pure awesomeness.
Old 10-05-2008, 12:34 PM
MTosi
User

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
Then you really would've missed the V12s... And the experience from TV is about 3% when compared to hearing those engines in person.
When Ferrari was coming behind the trees of Hockenheim, there was no mistaken what car was coming...

Although the few times when we went to Hungarian GPs with buddies of mine and parked the RV right outside of the track wall (outside of the short straiht between T5 & T6), our "alarm clock" was bunch of V10 F1 engines singing their "song".
It was a fabulous wake up, hear them starting to come out of the distance, then get very close and SCREAM. Then one of us put the coffee going while rest of us climbed on the roof and started the day with a can of Hungarian beer while our ears were shattered by F1!
Originally Posted by race911
Or when you're running behind one. I know, I know, the owner was just warming the thing up (312T2). Hell, even the lowly DFV powered Lotus I got to run and hang with last year was pretty magical to be stuffed up under his pipes!

I was just referring to recent memory, I though we all knew my favorite engine is the Ferrari(312)/Porsche(917) MFI flat 12

Quick Reply: F1 car vs. M5 on Top Gear