Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   Racing & Drivers Education Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/racing-and-drivers-education-forum-65/)
-   -   Summit Point, July 12-13 with Potomac..... Who's Going... (https://rennlist.com/forums/racing-and-drivers-education-forum/440392-summit-point-july-12-13-with-potomac-whos-going.html)

I love this car! 07-04-2008 10:31 PM

George, I wish that were so, that was not what I was told. It's their event, and I am just (was just) a Potomac region member. I just want to drive and have fun and share good times with others. Some folks, like the great people at RTR, get it, some don't No big deal, I have over 850 track miles on the car so far this year, with more events on the calendar. .......if I could just figure out how to drive it, and move on from the green group some day..........Great pic of your car in turn seven, maybe YOU could take me out on a ride and show me where the track goes!

George3 07-04-2008 10:38 PM

I'd be happy to take you out and show you the DE line. :cheers:

One good turn deserves another.

Don't give up .

I love this car! 07-04-2008 10:55 PM

You are a good man, my friend. Thank you for the kind words.

Trak Ratt 07-05-2008 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by I love this car! (Post 5575099)
George, I wish that were so, that was not what I was told. It's their event, and I am just (was just) a Potomac region member. I just want to drive and have fun and share good times with others. Some folks, like the great people at RTR, get it, some don't

Have run with both and all expect some sort of verification before placing in upper run groups. How many DEs have you attended? Who have you instructed with?

Bull 07-05-2008 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by George3 (Post 5573549)
Lots of folks stay in Winchester. It's a bit further of a drive from the track, no?
I always stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Charles Town.
Am I missing out on some excitement down there, or something (??) . . . . :bigbye:

Not very exciting, but nice, clean hotels with hot breakfast and close to many restaurants....and closer to the Cork Street Tavern.

smankow 07-05-2008 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by david riley (Post 5575586)
Have run with both and all expect some sort of verification before placing in upper run groups. How many DEs have you attended? Who have you instructed with?

This season, Martin has driven the the Black Group as well as instructed with RTR. He will more than hold his own in Potomac's black group.

Steve

Alan Herod 07-05-2008 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by I love this car! (Post 5575099)
George, I wish that were so, that was not what I was told. It's their event, and I am just (was just) a Potomac region member. I just want to drive and have fun and share good times with others. Some folks, like the great people at RTR, get it, some don't No big deal, I have over 850 track miles on the car so far this year, with more events on the calendar. .......if I could just figure out how to drive it, and move on from the green group some day..........Great pic of your car in turn seven, maybe YOU could take me out on a ride and show me where the track goes!

Sorry, I don't know who your are. I don't know who you have been talking to; but, it is true that if we know nothing about you we follow established procedures. As the people who post here can verify, we have a procedure which is not that unusual. Email me and let me know who you are and who you run with, then we will be able to get it sorted out before the event. It is not too late. There is space in the White and Red run groups.

Email me at dechair@pcapotomac.org

Gary R. 07-05-2008 05:46 PM

Potomac is quite fair in their procedure. They popped me in White and several times I was asked if I wanted to be checked out and officially moved to black. All my buds were in White so I was happy where I was..

...unlike Streak who got out the 1st chance he could!
:evilgrin:

Trak Ratt 07-05-2008 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by smankow (Post 5575629)
This season, Martin has driven the the Black Group as well as instructed with RTR. He will more than hold his own in Potomac's black group.

Steve

I've run in RTR black and instructed too.
BTW RTR asked for verification from Potomac before acceptance

smankow 07-05-2008 10:44 PM

and that's normal protocol.

BostonDMD 07-06-2008 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by Gary R. (Post 5576344)
Potomac is quite fair in their procedure. They popped me in White and several times I was asked if I wanted to be checked out and officially moved to black. All my buds were in White so I was happy where I was..

...unlike Streak who got out the 1st chance he could!
:evilgrin:

You are a good friend.......unlike Streak who ditched us all with his pretty new bracelet........:)

smankow 07-06-2008 10:01 AM

is Streak still wearing the bracelet or has he sold it to you for your HOPE chest?

Gary R. 07-06-2008 10:02 AM

Smithsonian has it now....

Streak 07-07-2008 01:27 AM

Actually, I've had it replicated and packaged for sale with my DVD and picture book so the wannabes can wear it and feel like me! It's doing quite well. I'm HUGE in Japan :D

smankow 07-07-2008 08:26 AM

maybe you can sell a copy to Paolo