Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where can I buy NO ETHANOL gas in the CT/NY area?

Old 06-24-2008, 06:09 PM
BC
Rennlist Member

Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Bull
No Matt, he won't help you with that. BrendanC is deeply into a project to create and distribute the perfect ethanol burning vehicle. He will then gladly sell one of them to you when the politically motivated hacks force us to use the stuff because we wouldn't use it in a free and open market. If ethanol dies, BrendanC crawls back into his tent.......but he "hates the politics..."!
You guys are funny. I'm just a guy here posting on a laptop here in San Diego like you are a guy named Bob in NJ posting. Why berate? Have I berated? If I have, I apologize - didn't mean to. Why not refer to me directly? Care to directly debate my statements? Whats with the false statements?

Ethanol has much political "stuff" around it. But it does NOT have to have this.
Old 06-24-2008, 06:12 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just repeating back to you what you told us in another thread. Why don't you tell us what the accurate statements are now.
Old 06-24-2008, 06:18 PM
BC
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
followed by

make me at the sheer irony......

Brendan, do you actually read what you type before posting it?

No physical changes other than increased compression ratio, increased timing, larger injectors, and a completely different tune? That's all?

BWHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh, VR - come'on Man! Physical changes to an engine are material changes - like different pistons, different heads, different valves, different cylinder rings or valve seats.

You possibly have me at the compression change - while this could be done with a head gasket, I also suppose you could say that this would require pistons or heads.

Other than that, what I suggested are ancillary and external changes - all easily done.
Old 06-24-2008, 06:19 PM
BC
Rennlist Member

Just repeating back to you what you told us in another thread. Why don't you tell us what the accurate statements are now.
Show me where I said anything other than that I am making MY car, for personal use, to run on ethanol.
Old 06-24-2008, 06:27 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,399 Likes on 747 Posts

Originally Posted by BrendanC
Oh, VR - come'on Man! Physical changes to an engine are material changes - like different pistons, different heads, different valves, different cylinder rings or valve seats.

You possibly have me at the compression change - while this could be done with a head gasket, I also suppose you could say that this would require pistons or heads.

Other than that, what I suggested are ancillary and external changes - all easily done.
Whatever you need to tell yourself, broseph.

Last edited by Veloce Raptor; 02-20-2009 at 07:15 PM.
Old 06-24-2008, 06:31 PM
BC
Rennlist Member

Tell you what VR. I will continue on my merry way trying to get people to think originally about this fuel instead of choking up on whatever the media tells them, and when my car is done, you can I can go for a ride.

Well go and fill up at one of the three or four pumps that will have it in San Diego (only two right now) when my car is done. Deal?

I'll even splurge and stop at a mexican place so you and I can shoot the **** over
lunch.

Sound good?
Old 06-24-2008, 06:34 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,399 Likes on 747 Posts

OK.

As I have always said, I like sugar ethanol as a fuel, but I believe corn ethanol is a total (and harmful) scam.

But you're on.
Old 06-24-2008, 06:40 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I'm done helping BrendanC draw attention to his irrational promotion of ethanol, particularly when he seems to change his story and approach based on the feedback of the day!

Brendan, accusing me of listening to anything the media has to say is quite funny!
Old 06-24-2008, 06:47 PM
BC
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
OK.

As I have always said, I like sugar ethanol as a fuel, but I believe corn ethanol is a total (and harmful) scam.

But you're on.
Sounds Good.

I'm done helping BrendanC draw attention to his irrational promotion of ethanol, particularly when he seems to change his story and approach based on the feedback of the day!

Brendan, accusing me of listening to anything the media has to say is quite funny!
I haven't changed my story - just the way I try and explain the facts at certain times. Whats your position? I haven't seen one other than statements about me as a person and my style of communication. And as it seem ever more important in this forum to make sure one's intent is made clear - I'm not attacking you, or pushing any derogatory message in your direction.
Old 06-24-2008, 07:09 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

OK, so updating the 'Rennlist Hall of fame topics'.....

1. H&N restraints
2. Oil Viscosity
3. Tow vehicles
4. Ethanol
Old 06-24-2008, 07:21 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I haven't changed my story - just the way I try and explain the facts at certain times.
Yeah, that's all.....

Whats your position? I haven't seen one other than statements about me as a person and my style of communication. ..................
I made my position clear the last time around....corn based ethanol is a fraud being perpetrated on alternative hungry people in the US by special interest groups and individuals out for their own personal gain. Having anything, including corn based ethanol forced on us by government mandate SUCKS.

BTW Brendan, I would get rid of the "ethanol is better than petroleum based products....." argument. It either has it own merits to stand on, or we need to move on to something else. Kind of like saying being shot once is great because it is better than being shot twice. Trust me on this, it isn't!
Old 06-24-2008, 07:21 PM
BC
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc

1. H&N restraints
2. Oil Viscosity
3. Tow vehicles
4. Ethanol
If I wasn't here, the Ethanol topic would never be like this. People would just soak up the info given to them, and re-espouse it here, congratulating themselves for what everyone agrees is a horrible idea.

But its not that simple.

Now where is that line on I had on inedible mexican sugar....
Old 06-24-2008, 07:22 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by ltc

1. H&N restraints
2. Oil Viscosity
3. Tow vehicles
4. Ethanol
PERFECT!
Old 06-24-2008, 07:27 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

If I wasn't here, the Ethanol topic would never be like this. People would just soak up the info given to them, and re-espouse it here, congratulating themselves for what everyone agrees is a horrible idea.

But its not that simple.

Now where is that line on I had on inedible mexican sugar....
So, you have now declared all of us on Rennlist fools who couldn't come to a clear and logical conclusion by gathering information from all CREDIBLE sources and qualified experts? But, we are fortunate enough to have you come by and save us from ourselves?

Brendan, you are one of the funniest people I have come across on Rennlist; pathetically funny, but funny. Your last line in your post above has me thinking you started a bit early today.
Old 06-24-2008, 07:29 PM
BC
Rennlist Member

I made my position clear the last time around....corn based ethanol is a fraud being perpetrated on alternative hungry people in the US by special interest groups and individuals out for their own personal gain. Having anything, including corn based ethanol forced on us by government mandate SUCKS.

BTW Brendan, I would get rid of the "ethanol is better than petroleum based products....." argument. It either has it own merits to stand on, or we need to move on to something else. Kind of like saying being shot once is great because it is better than being shot twice. Trust me on this, it isn't!
I read and reread your statements above, and I am not clear. Call it a late afternoon haze.

I LOVE ethanol, any way I can get it, because my alternative here in San Diego is:

91 octane crap (with the ethanol ANYWAY to jack up what is probably 84 octane crap) at 4.80 a gallon

Race gas, where I can find it, at 12 bucks a gallon.

E85, at the pump, or E98 when I can find a good place to order 55 gallon drums, is 110 octane, PLUS its latent heat of evap, and usually 3.50 if regular gas is 4.50 a gallon. Maybe less if I can buy in bigger quantities.

Now - Corn is the first option we have, but the last choice. But with Oil at over 130, all these options, including using urban biomass that would usually go to the dump, is in play.

I don't get your second statement. It IS better than oil. For a myriad of reasons. How we get it right now is not super efficient, but its all around better than the alternatives.

Unless race gas gets to 4 bucks a gallon, I will continue on the ethanol issue.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Where can I buy NO ETHANOL gas in the CT/NY area?