Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   Racing & Drivers Education Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/racing-and-drivers-education-forum-65/)
-   -   Canadian F1 GP Get Together (https://rennlist.com/forums/racing-and-drivers-education-forum/432227-canadian-f1-gp-get-together.html)

fast_freddy 05-23-2008 11:44 AM

Canadian F1 GP Get Together

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Please indicate your interest here for a get together in Montreal post qualifying on Saturday. I have no idea of good places to get together as all I know are pretentious restaurants in Montreal which probably wouldnt be suitable for this type of thing. Can any Montrealers chime in for a good place that can accomodate a group of Porsches enthusiasts?

I look forward to meeting you all in two weeks time!

Kind Regards,
Freddy

FredC 05-23-2008 11:51 AM

I live in CT but I am from Montreal and go there very often.

Go on Crescent street. Typically, there is a Porsche parking area for the weekend GP.

What do you mean by pretentious?

Originally Posted by fast_freddy (Post 5440096)
Ladies and Gentlemen,

Please indicate your interest here for a get together in Montreal post qualifying on Saturday. I have no idea of good places to get together as all I know are pretentious restaurants in Montreal which probably wouldnt be suitable for this type of thing. Can any Montrealers chime in for a good place that can accomodate a group of Porsches enthusiasts?

I look forward to meeting you all in two weeks time!

Kind Regards,
Freddy

fast_freddy 05-23-2008 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by constaf (Post 5440116)
I live in CT but I am from Montreal and go there very often.

Go on Crescent street. Typically, there is a Porsche parking area for the weekend GP.

What do you mean by pretentious?

Overpriced and too pretty. I agree about Crescent Street I just don't know of any place off the top of my head to go to.

FredC 05-23-2008 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by fast_freddy (Post 5440137)
Overpriced and too pretty. I agree about Crescent Street I just don't know of any place off the top of my head to go to.

A couple of non-pretentious and common watering holes during the GP weekend are:
1. Thursdays on Crescent
2. Newtown on Crescent (it belongs to Jacques Villeneuve)
3. Chez Alexandre on Peel

Other interesting (non-pretentious :) ) places would be:
1. the roof top terrace at Le Nelligan (corner St-Paul and St-Sulpice in old montreal)
2. the roof top terrace at Auberge du Vieux Port (on De La Commune in old montreal)

If you are interested in bunnies and birds, go for St-Laurent street... it is a little overpriced, but a good candy store.

Ray S 05-23-2008 12:18 PM

I'm interested.

fast_freddy 05-23-2008 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by constaf (Post 5440172)
A couple of non-pretentious and common watering holes during the GP weekend are:
1. Thursdays on Crescent
2. Newtown on Crescent (it belongs to Jacques Villeneuve)
3. Chez Alexandre on Peel

Other interesting (non-pretentious :) ) places would be:
1. the roof top terrace at Le Nelligan (corner St-Paul and St-Sulpice in old montreal)
2. the roof top terrace at Auberge du Vieux Port (on De La Commune in old montreal)

If you are interested in bunnies and birds, go for St-Laurent street... it is a little overpriced, but a good candy store.

Thanks Fred!

Arrwin 05-23-2008 04:58 PM

Interested as well. Are you guys driving your p-cars there?

fast_freddy 05-23-2008 07:06 PM

I'll be driving my 993 there. Have to find my PCA card so I can park on Crescent St..

Arrwin 05-24-2008 03:18 AM

Originally Posted by fast_freddy (Post 5441657)
I'll be driving my 993 there. Have to find my PCA card so I can park on Crescent St..

Sweet. Is this happening before or after the qualies?

fast_freddy 05-24-2008 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by Arrwin (Post 5442580)
Sweet. Is this happening before or after the qualies?

GTG after qualifying. Parking before.

Dwane 05-24-2008 09:46 AM

The members of Rennsport used to have a spot to park on Sunday's. No news yet. Where are you staying? Be careful, there has been A LOT of car theft going on. PM me if you have any questions. You cannot go wrong with Thursday's on Crescent.
:cheers:
Dwane

fast_freddy 05-24-2008 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by d964 (Post 5442796)
The members of Rennsport used to have a spot to park on Sunday's. No news yet. Where are you staying? Be careful, there has been A LOT of car theft going on. PM me if you have any questions. You cannot go wrong with Thursday's on Crescent.
Dwane

Lets make it Thursdays on Crescent St. after Qualifying on Saturday.

I wont be staying in Montreal, just driving up for each day. Outside of border delays its only 75 minutes for me.

A.Wayne 05-24-2008 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by d964 (Post 5442796)
Dwane

agree on the car theft issue, Make sure you guys link with Ray, all drinks are on ray after Qualy ................................

BIG-BRO 05-24-2008 05:49 PM

FYI - The last several years, Crescent has been closed off to cars on Saturday - a large stage with live entertainment set-up and vendor tents, etc.

The PCA parking has typically been on Sunday for the actual race day.

I'll be up there !

GT3CAR 05-25-2008 09:43 AM

I am interested. Will see you guys there. I will wear my helmet so you can recognize me (not!)

should we have a rennlist sign or something?