Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Critique my VIR vid please (be gentle)

Old 03-27-2008, 10:39 PM
930man
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kurt M
Oh I really need to stay away from this thread. It has become a mess. A funny one but a mess none the less.

But your "flat out" is fast

Me too! Was it something I didn't say?

Oh $hi! Thats my problem. I tend to make little tweaks allmost the way around most corners. Not to the gas pedal, that sucker is planted and crampin' up my foot but I do add in or remove steering input.
lmaooooo flat out fast to learn there is some a lot faster!!!!
Old 03-27-2008, 10:43 PM
930man
Rennlist Member

tiger has nothing on me.... there is no way he can slice like i do!!!!
Old 03-27-2008, 10:44 PM
TD in DC
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SundayDriver
Can I be an A-Hole too?

This thread is just too funny. I have not seen this much real world, good solid advice completely ignored since we lost GR and CC. But what do I know, I never could master G-Sum and GR told me I am slow (and old).
Just answer me this, Mark. Is there any doubt in your mind that I have tried to bend over backwards to (1) give the original poster the benefit of the doubt; (2) to give him good helpful advice; and (3) not act like I think I am the world's best driver (which I do not)?
Old 03-27-2008, 10:46 PM
chancecasey
Burning Brakes

crap man, I just blew 30 minutes reading this waiting for the climax where drover goes ballistic and starts throwing poop or something, and this is it??? Where is this guy when you need him?
Attached Images  
Old 03-27-2008, 10:55 PM
SundayDriver
Lifetime Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TD in DC
Just answer me this, Mark. Is there any doubt in your mind that I have tried to bend over backwards to (1) give the original poster the benefit of the doubt; (2) to give him good helpful advice; and (3) not act like I think I am the world's best driver (which I do not)?
I think you have been a complete gentleman and shown the patience of a saint in this thread. You expended a lot of effort to try to help someone who I felt never wanted any help at all - Note how many of the experienced folks did not offer any advice when that became apparent - you are a better person than most of us here.

This thread reminds me of some facts about this little place of ours...

1. This forum can be very forgiving to those who admit mistakes - I can attest to that personally.
2. This forum has a very long memory of those who are arrogant and will quickly stop offering assistance to those people.
3. This is the Internet and just because you are the original poster in a thread does not mean you get to dictate the rules that others post under.
4. Most people are not smart enough to stop digging themselves into an ever deeper hole.
Old 03-27-2008, 10:57 PM
Mikelly
Rennlist Member

Received 111 Likes on 58 Posts

TDinDC a "complete genteleman?" Man, you guys are getting soft!!

Mike
Old 03-27-2008, 11:02 PM
TD in DC
Race Director

Thanks Mark. I ask only because I think the original poster has doubted my intentions from the beginning, although I am not sure why.

I have come to this forum numerous times, particularly when I first started driving, to ask for critique on my driving. I was helped tremendously by it. Many, many people not only posted helpful things here, but they also sought me out off line and at the track. It was tremendous. As a result, I learned much more quickly -- and I grew to understand what it takes to drive well -- than I would have if I had learned solely through trial and error.

It took me a long time to understand some of the criticism. Indeed, if you look back at my first threads, I pushed back on valid advice because I could not begin to understand it. I do think it was clear that I was at least considering it. I still don't know it all, and I still wonder when I hear something that doesn't sound right or not whether it is ME who doesn't get it. It amazes me how many people expect to know it all as novices.
Old 03-27-2008, 11:07 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I came to this forum to ask for critique on my driving. I was helped tremendously by it. Many, many people not only posted helpful things here, but they also sought me out off line and at the track. It was tremendous. As a result, I learned much more quickly -- and I grew to understand what it takes to drive well -- than I would have if I had learned solely through trial and error.

And I got some good single malt out of it too....so, its all good!
Old 03-27-2008, 11:08 PM
TD in DC
Race Director

What do you think i am drinking right now
Old 03-27-2008, 11:10 PM
SundayDriver
Lifetime Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mikelly
TDinDC a "complete genteleman?" Man, you guys are getting soft!!

Mike
Sorry, I lost my head there.
Old 03-27-2008, 11:13 PM
SundayDriver
Lifetime Rennlist Member

Thanks Mark. I ask only because I think the original poster has doubted my intentions from the beginning, although I am not sure why.

I have come to this forum numerous times, particularly when I first started driving, to ask for critique on my driving. I was helped tremendously by it. Many, many people not only posted helpful things here, but they also sought me out off line and at the track. It was tremendous. As a result, I learned much more quickly -- and I grew to understand what it takes to drive well -- than I would have if I had learned solely through trial and error.

It took me a long time to understand some of the criticism. Indeed, if you look back at my first threads, I pushed back on valid advice because I could not begin to understand it. I do think it was clear that I was at least considering it. I still don't know it all, and I still wonder when I hear something that doesn't sound right or not whether it is ME who doesn't get it. It amazes me how many people expect to know it all as novices.
Smart novices tend to understand the theory of driving pretty quickly. Sometimes they confuse aspects, but generally have it right. What novices lack is the basic understanding that the theory of driving is trumped by the reality of the track - imperfect corners, changing conditions and cars that are not perfect.
Truthfully, guys with your attitude make the more experienced people want to seek you out, ride with you and offer help up the learning curve.
Old 03-27-2008, 11:15 PM
TD in DC
Race Director

I think both aspects -- the reality and the theory -- are extremely interesting. That's why I like the data so much and trying to help others. The data is truly fascinating . . . if anything, it proves that we either lie to ourselves or misperceive a tremendous amount of information. Once you figure this out, it is a lot easer to fix the errors, because you start to learn what they really are rather than what you thought they were.

I will confess that it irks me when people think they are better than they really are and post videos expecting praise rather than criticism. This is not a shot at the orignal poster. He asked for criticism and I took him, and still take him, for his word.
Old 03-27-2008, 11:19 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,390 Likes on 743 Posts

What do you think i am drinking right now
What do you think I am wearing right now?

Wow, 210 posts, maybe I will read them all this weekend when I have some time.

You guys are all a bunch of amateur-hour poopypants. You forget that I am the designated GR adversary & equal opportunity offender here.
Old 03-27-2008, 11:25 PM
jenk12m
Banned

i cant believe since i left this thread yesterday. i had to catch up with 5 pages in one day.

and tiger cant lose more golf ***** on a course than i can...lol
Old 03-27-2008, 11:28 PM
chancecasey
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
What do you think I am wearing right now?

Wow, 210 posts, maybe I will read them all this weekend when I have some time.

You guys are all a bunch of amateur-hour poopypants. You forget that I am the designated GR adversary & equal opportunity offender here.
Hey hey look who decided to join the party! Those Hillary rallies keeping you away?

I thought this thread was missing something...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Critique my VIR vid please (be gentle)