Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got the motha of all hot laps recently...

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 01:00 PM
smlporsche
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Got the motha of all hot laps recently...

I just came back from instructing at the Roebling Road DE with Florida Citrus and there was a Carrera GT on Michelin slicks giving hot laps for a charitable contribution.

I was lucky enough to have Ron Zitsa (sp?) driving the car. He recently competed in the Daytona 24 in the car below and has won several Rolex's so the guy really knows how to drive even though we were probably only going at 7-8/10ths.

The ride was incredible and boring at the same time. Incredible at how flat the car was in the turns and boring at how uneventful the car was at threshold braking from 170 MPH. Absolutely no drama. I have driven cars with ceramics before and have been impressed but when you ad the Michelin slicks it takes it to a completely new level. The car was amasingly quite as well....maybe it was because we had broken the sound barrier...

BTW, the cup car is for sale...
Attached Images   
Old 02-18-2008, 02:12 PM
jenk12m
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i was there as well and felt the GT wiz by when i was riding with my instructor. that car is amazing, especially on slicks
Old 02-18-2008, 05:05 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by smlporsche
I was lucky enough to have Ron Zitsa (sp?) driving the car. He recently competed in the Daytona 24 in the car below and has won several Rolex's so the guy really knows how to drive even though we were probably only going at 7-8/10ths.
I wanted to meet you guys this past weekend...but stayed very busy with my student, trying to figure out my traqmate and working with my kids that were driving. Let's make it a point to meet up next time. I like to instruct, but it doesn't leave much time for socializing and car googling.

The apex of performance, comfort & safety since 2011.
All new racewear available now→ traqgear.com
Old 02-18-2008, 05:54 PM
smlporsche
Drifting

Originally Posted by ZBB0730
I wanted to meet you guys this past weekend...but stayed very busy with my student, trying to figure out my traqmate and working with my kids that were driving. Let's make it a point to meet up next time. I like to instruct, but it doesn't leave much time for socializing and car googling.
I was wondering if that was you parked over by turn 3 under the trees. Can't miss that car...
Old 02-18-2008, 05:57 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by smlporsche
I was wondering if that was you parked over by turn 3 under the trees. Can't miss that car...
Yep, it was me. I usually park there for the shade, but will think twice about it since the a pine cone fell out of a tree and dented the top.
Old 02-18-2008, 08:05 PM
993inNC
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow, wished I had realized those cars were you guys.......didn't put 2 and 2 together, would have come by and said hello.
I got soooooo lucky this past w/e........student didn't show up nothing but track time (until I toasted my slicks was driving the wheels off the car.....literally apparently)
Old 02-18-2008, 08:07 PM
jenk12m
Banned

roger, were you able to get your traqmate to work
Old 02-18-2008, 10:41 PM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

I'm psyched to hear about someone driving a CGT on slicks. I've always assumed the car was under-tired with street tires.
Old 02-18-2008, 11:02 PM
carreracup21
Three Wheelin'

Quick Reply: Got the motha of all hot laps recently...