Sponsored by:

Sebring to host CART in '09

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 12:09 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by Bryan Watts
As long as those improvements don't include smoothing out the track IMO. Those two bumpy high speed turns are some of the most exciting in racing.
I am neutral on the smooth or bumpy track history stuff. I can see both sides I guess. I love doing DE at Sebring but I wonder what those bumps do to my street car. I have driven other smoother tracks such as Barber and found them just as challenging and fun.

What I was getting at was better and safer walls, cleaner repaved in field, better looking grass, runoff's, grandstands, restrooms and things like that.
Old 01-10-2008, 01:03 PM
srf506
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know how anyone can say Sebring is "smooth". The expansion joints on the concrete and Turns 1 and 17 are brutal on any car, I'd never run my street car on that track at high speed (fact is I wouldn't track any street car). I'm so much of a dinosaur I wish they put the old hairpin at the end of Big Bend's straight back into play. The new "Safety Pin" is a real POS section of track and don't even get me started about what they did to the back straight's "kink" when the Industrial Park took that big chunk of land! I'd like to see a champ car at the end of two or three hours of hot-lapping that place. I don't even know how they can get the aero to work well. They'll never be able to hold the ride high to anywhere near a constant.
Old 01-10-2008, 01:50 PM
uscarrera
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 609 Likes on 298 Posts

Where did u hear or read about condos?
Old 01-10-2008, 04:16 PM
stuttgart46
Rennlist Member

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

They asked me not to tell you Rich. They have a no Goomba policy that will be strictly enforced.
I heard all of this from a friend in Arcadia. Hint Hint. As soon as I get more info I'll give you a hollar.
-Chad
Old 01-10-2008, 04:51 PM
schwank
Herr Unmöglich
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How long until the T1 condo owners start complaining about the noise?

Quick Reply: Sebring to host CART in '09