In Search of New 993 Track Car & Trailex

Old 01-01-2008, 11:36 PM
swftiii
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Default In Search of New 993 Track Car & Trailex

Rennlisters,

December was a productive month and my first 993 (C4S) of 8+ years has gone to a good family. Now I am searching for its replacement and sled to get to and from the track.

I'm looking for a 993 Narrow Body C2 for club race duty. I would love to find one that is already setup (if done right), but would not shy away from prepping a car myself since I already own most of the parts that are needed (motons, recaros, aux oil cooler, steering wheel, seat back brace, etc.).

Please help me find my racer and trailex trailer. If I'm prepping it myself I would like to stay under $30k, but would be willing to go up to $40k for the right racer. Either post here or send me a PM.

Thanks for your help and HAPPY NEW YEAR.

-Skip
Old 01-02-2008, 12:28 AM
joey bagadonuts
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How about this car in CT from the Rennlist Classifieds? It was originally listed on 10/20 so I'm not sure if it's still available:
1995 993 White C2

Looks like it's just about ready to go Club Racing except for a kill switch, extinguisher and a few more odds and ends. Do you have any other must haves? e.g. colors, LSD, modifications (or lack thereof), mileage, car's location ...
Old 01-02-2008, 12:32 AM
tar6day
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The car is a 1997 993 RSR 3.8L Gunnar Racing built Porsche RSR. Built from brand new street car ( WPOAA2992VS320611 ), purchased from Champion Porsche, Pompano Beach, FL. Car was never driven before being transformed into a RSR race car! Car built to ALMS specs during 1997/98 race season, sold to Mike Conte and Bruno Lambert.
Raced in the 1999 ALMS, campaigned under Contemporary Motorsports as #17. Maintained and race prepared by AASCO Performance. At the end of 1999, car was sold to Andy Hajducky and raced first 4 races as #21 in the inaugural 2000 GrandAm season. After Watkins Glen the car went back to AASCO Performance and was totally rebuilt (engine rebuild by Dennis Aase, transmission by Brian Copans, axles, corners, filters, etc) and race prepared. It was then retired b/c Andy purchased a 996 GT3-R and never raced/ran until I purchased it 8/2006.
I have since updated car with: new brake master cylinders, new clutch master cylinder, new clutch + brake reservoirs, new brake hose from reservoirs to master cylinders, new brake hose from reservoir to clutch master cylinder, rebuilt pedal assemble, new front brake caliper seals, new rear brake caliper seals, new Fuel Safe fuel cell ( approximately 18 gallon ), new aluminum fuel cell box (one picture shows car with the original*Kevlar/Carbon Fiber*fuel cell box),*new seat harness, Recaro Hans seat, Momo steering wheel, new defrost hose, new cockpit driver cooling air hose, updated EFI Technology ECU to 7.0 software. Updated MOTEC dash to current software version. I had the engine sent to MODE (Bob Holcomb) and had him dyno test/tune motor. A leak down test was normal and the engine dynoed at 370hp. The car has been corner balanced and aligned by Wright Tuning. The car is turn key and needs nothing. It has one hour*track time since I purchased the car. The car has never had any tub damage. I have receipts for everything I have done since purchasing the car.
All parts on car are Porsche RSR or better than Porsche RSR. This is the pinnacle of Porsche 993 technology and is not some back yard garage made mix-match of parts. Some of parts included on car: 3.8L Dennis Aase built RSR spec motor, Motec dash, EFI Technology ECU, dual oil coolers, front trunk positioned oil tank, front positioned defroster, KMR camber plates, JRZ triple adjustable remote reservoir shocks, Kevlar/Carbon Fiber*body panels, Carbon Fiber*doors, KMR cockpit adjustable front and rear sway bars, cockpit adjustable 2 stage fuel map and richness, center lock wheels, 18 x 10 front rims, 18 x 13 rear rims, transmission oil cooler, 4 airjacks ( one in each cockpit corner ). Pictures show most every aspect of car, vinyl decals and*numbering are reflective. Not sure how pictures will be come thru to you so let me know if I need to resend in different format. I can e-mail more pictures and any specific details to interested parties. There is one hour on the motor and one hour on the transmission. The price is $79,000.
Here is race history on car:

Raced all of 1999 ALMS season except first Road Atlanta

1999 ALMS ( Team: Contemporary Racing Car #17* Drivers: Mike Conte, Bruno Lambert, Randy Pobst)

Track* ** ** ** ** *Overall Finish* * ** ** ** *GT class Finish

Sebring * ** ** ** ** *14 * ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** *3 ( I was told Randy Pobst was driver)
Mosport * ** ** ** ** *32 * ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** *Wheel bearing failure
Sears Point * ** ** *37* ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** *13
Portland * ** ** ** ** *21 * ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** *4
Road Atlanta * ** *20* * ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** *5
Laguna Seca* ** *29* * ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** *9
Las Vegas* * ** ** *16* * ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** *3

2000 Grand Am* ( Team: AASCO Car #21* Drivers: Andy Hajducky, Bob Oneglia, Bobby Caradine(Revenge of the Nerds) )

Track * ** ** ** ** *Overall Finish* * ** ** ** *GTU class Finish

Daytona 24hr * ** *61* ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** *29 (electrical failure)
Lime Rock* ** ** ** *15* ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** *9
Road America* * *28* ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** *8
6hr Watkins Glen 39* * ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** *17
Attached Images  
Old 01-02-2008, 12:38 AM
tar6day
Addict
Rennlist Member

Street legal! Setup for NASA GTS challenge race series. Car is professionally setup for racing. Comes with Log Book for PCA and NASA race series. 1996 Porsche 993 C4S chassis which is the same as a Porsche 993 Twin Turbo chassis. Motor and transmission were exchanged for a 1997 993 Twin Turbo motor + ECU + transmission with 12,969 street miles. I have since added approximately 10,000 miles with roughly 70% being track miles. Car weighs 2,950 pounds with half tank of gas, no lead ballast (included), no A/C condenser (included), no driver, and no exhaust (straight pipes). Car would cost approximately $110,000 to reproduce. Car has never been in any kind of accident!

Aerodynamics/Body
• GT2 front end
• GT2 tail ($4,000)
• No sunroof, which removes 65 pounds from top of the car

Interior
• Full 993 RS interior ($4,000)
• RS shifter
• RS steering wheel
• RS door panels
• RS gauges
• RS carpet
• RS headliner
• All sound insulation removed

Safety
• Full GT2 EVO cage
• No knee bar
• Exact duplicate, bend for bend, of the Factory Porsche Motorsports (Matter) cage
• Very easy to enter plus exit
• Welded to A-pillars, B- pillars, roof and doorframes exactly like Porsche Motorsports
• Painted Arena Red like exterior of car
• Cage alone is ($4,000)
• Driver + passenger GT3 seats from Porsche Motorsports ($2,800)
• Six point harness for driver seat + passenger seat
• New brake caliper seals front + rear
• Lexan windshield

Suspension
• Supercup struts ($5,000) (stock struts included)
• Rebuild date 9-28-05 ($450) = only 2 track days since that date.
• 800 pounds springs front + 1,000 springs rear. 400 + 600 pound springs included ($1,000)
• GT2 strut brace from Porsche Motorsports
• Full Monoball suspension
• GT2 EVO upright from Porsche Motorsports ($1,200)
• Monoball lower control arms from Porsche Motorsports ($1,000)
• Very trick ERP adjustable Monoball heim jointed multi links anti-rear ($3,000) (stock links included)
• RSR tilt kit from Porsche Motorsports ($1,000)
• The links, tilt kit, control arms and uprights allow the car to be run lower without bumpsteer and give no limitation on camber, caster, toe and kinematic toe.
• RS engine mounts ($300)
• RSR adjustable sway bars ($1,500)
• Corner balanced and aligned to track specs

Drivetrain
• Dual front oil coolers. One on each side ($1,000)
• RSR or GT2 EVO configuration
• AN fittings and braided lines
• Oil is always in normal operating temperatures. Never gets hot.
• Stock 1997 993 twin turbo motor with approximately 23,000 miles
• New plug wires + rotor cap + spark plugs
• Upgraded high output Crane Cams ignition and coil ($316)
• K16/24 hybrid turbos built by Ultimate Motorwerks ($6,300)
• ECU programmed for turbos by Todd Knighton at Protomotive ($1,500)
• GReddy electronic waste gate controller ($400)
• 5 bar fuel pressure regulator
• EVO Billet diverter valves ($240)
• Updated boost pipes ($450)
• AWE tuning test pipes ($650) (stock exhaust included)
• New wheel bearings front and rear
• Rebuilt front and rear half shafts
• Converted to RWD ($450) (easily reversed to AWD)
• Everything needed for AWD is included front differential, torque tube and half shafts included
• New GT2 clutch pressure plate (stock included)
• New GT2 clutch plate (stock included)
• New RSR flywheel (stock included)
• Transmission ($5,700) by Brian Copans
• Re-geared for racing
• New reversing lever
• New reversing lever shift
• New 3-4 shift forks
• New 2-4 steel synchros
• RS short shift
• Forgeline rims 18X9 front and 18x11 rear (lightweight) ($3,396) with Michelin Pilot Sport Cup tires ($1,200)

Spares/Extras for Separate Price (prices reflect what I paid)
• 2 sets of SX3R Forgeline wheels ($6,792) (very lightweight)
* one set with New Michelin Pilot Sport Cups
* one set with 85% tread Michelin PS2’s
• 18x9 ($3,296)
• 18x12 ($3,496)
• Muffler bypass pipes ($400)
• Lexan windshield ($470)
• Rear glass ($400)
• Front turn signal lights ($80)
• Rear turn signal lights ($280)
• Front headlight
• New front rotor x2 ($470)
• New rear rotor x2 ($336)
• New Pagid orange front brake pads x2 ($506)
• New Pagid orange rear brake pads x2 ($432)
• New front + rear Hawk brake pads ($210)
* New one set never mounted Michelin Pilot Sport Cup tires
* New two sets of Hoosier Grand Am DOT race tires

Car is priced to sell at $45,000
Attached Images  
Old 01-02-2008, 08:55 AM
Geoffrey
Nordschleife Master

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I have to say, that both of Tim's cars are good deals, and I think the white RSR is an excellent car.
Old 01-02-2008, 09:16 AM
swftiii
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Thanks Guys, both cars look to be good deals, but too much for what I'm looking for.

I should have been more specific in my original writeup (sorry) - I want to run in the PCA stock classes - specifically the Old 'D' class with the other 993s. As far as color, I would really like to find a Guards Red over black, but other options are polar silver over black and black over grey or black.

Thanks again guys,

Skip
Old 01-05-2008, 12:13 AM
drudingjoe
Intermediate

Default 993 Track / Street car

Skip:

I may have what you are looking for.

1995 993 Coupe, #WPOAA2996SS323829, 82,000 Miles, Midnight Blue / Gray Interior, RS Tail and Front Splitter, Recaro SRD seats, stiffened suspension, Close ratio gears, Quaff Differential, 8 & 10 x 17” Fikse wheels. Normal DE Mods. $40,000 for car with spares package.

Spares package available - 2 sets Fikse 18" wheels, Etc.
Trailex Trailer /w 10" Electric brakes.

Located in Medford, NJ (South Jersey)

Joseph J Druding Phone 856-983-1616. Email joe.druding@comcast.net
Old 01-05-2008, 12:28 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 496 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by drudingjoe
Skip:

I may have what you are looking for.

1995 993 Coupe, #WPOAA2996SS323829, 82,000 Miles, Midnight Blue / Gray Interior, RS Tail and Front Splitter, Recaro SRD seats, stiffened suspension, Close ratio gears, Quaff Differential, 8 & 10 x 17” Fikse wheels. Normal DE Mods. $40,000 for car with spares package.

Spares package available - 2 sets Fikse 18" wheels, Etc.
Trailex Trailer /w 10" Electric brakes.

Located in Medford, NJ (South Jersey)

Joseph J Druding Phone 856-983-1616. Email joe.druding@comcast.net
Joe,

Unfortunately, the short gearbox will move Skip to a GT class.
Old 01-05-2008, 12:48 AM
CarreraCup03
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by joey bagadonuts
How about this car in CT from the Rennlist Classifieds? It was originally listed on 10/20 so I'm not sure if it's still available:
1995 993 White C2

Looks like it's just about ready to go Club Racing except for a kill switch, extinguisher and a few more odds and ends. Do you have any other must haves? e.g. colors, LSD, modifications (or lack thereof), mileage, car's location ...
I know this car and its owner. Clean car set up by dan jacobs. Great deal for 32k.
Old 01-05-2008, 10:00 AM
Chulo
Racer

Originally Posted by swftiii
Thanks Guys, both cars look to be good deals, but too much for what I'm looking for.

I should have been more specific in my original writeup (sorry) - I want to run in the PCA stock classes - specifically the Old 'D' class with the other 993s. As far as color, I would really like to find a Guards Red over black, but other options are polar silver over black and black over grey or black.

Thanks again guys,

Skip
Skip - you might want to consider 964s as well. A D prepared 964 (now G) will be very competitive, and they are tons of fun.
Old 01-06-2008, 09:59 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tar6day
The car is a 1997 993 RSR 3.8L Gunnar Racing built Porsche RSR. Built from brand new street car ( WPOAA2992VS320611 ), purchased from Champion Porsche, Pompano Beach, FL. Car was never driven before being transformed into a RSR race car! Car built to ALMS specs during 1997/98 race season, sold to Mike Conte and Bruno Lambert.
Raced in the 1999 ALMS, campaigned under Contemporary Motorsports as #17. Maintained and race prepared by AASCO Performance. At the end of 1999, car was sold to Andy Hajducky and raced first 4 races as #21 in the inaugural 2000 GrandAm season. After Watkins Glen the car went back to AASCO Performance and was totally rebuilt (engine rebuild by Dennis Aase, transmission by Brian Copans, axles, corners, filters, etc) and race prepared. It was then retired b/c Andy purchased a 996 GT3-R and never raced/ran until I purchased it 8/2006.
I have since updated car with: new brake master cylinders, new clutch master cylinder, new clutch + brake reservoirs, new brake hose from reservoirs to master cylinders, new brake hose from reservoir to clutch master cylinder, rebuilt pedal assemble, new front brake caliper seals, new rear brake caliper seals, new Fuel Safe fuel cell ( approximately 18 gallon ), new aluminum fuel cell box (one picture shows car with the original*Kevlar/Carbon Fiber*fuel cell box),*new seat harness, Recaro Hans seat, Momo steering wheel, new defrost hose, new cockpit driver cooling air hose, updated EFI Technology ECU to 7.0 software. Updated MOTEC dash to current software version. I had the engine sent to MODE (Bob Holcomb) and had him dyno test/tune motor. A leak down test was normal and the engine dynoed at 370hp. The car has been corner balanced and aligned by Wright Tuning. The car is turn key and needs nothing. It has one hour*track time since I purchased the car. The car has never had any tub damage. I have receipts for everything I have done since purchasing the car.
All parts on car are Porsche RSR or better than Porsche RSR. This is the pinnacle of Porsche 993 technology and is not some back yard garage made mix-match of parts. Some of parts included on car: 3.8L Dennis Aase built RSR spec motor, Motec dash, EFI Technology ECU, dual oil coolers, front trunk positioned oil tank, front positioned defroster, KMR camber plates, JRZ triple adjustable remote reservoir shocks, Kevlar/Carbon Fiber*body panels, Carbon Fiber*doors, KMR cockpit adjustable front and rear sway bars, cockpit adjustable 2 stage fuel map and richness, center lock wheels, 18 x 10 front rims, 18 x 13 rear rims, transmission oil cooler, 4 airjacks ( one in each cockpit corner ). Pictures show most every aspect of car, vinyl decals and*numbering are reflective. Not sure how pictures will be come thru to you so let me know if I need to resend in different format. I can e-mail more pictures and any specific details to interested parties. There is one hour on the motor and one hour on the transmission. The price is $79,000.
Here is race history on car:

Raced all of 1999 ALMS season except first Road Atlanta

1999 ALMS ( Team: Contemporary Racing Car #17* Drivers: Mike Conte, Bruno Lambert, Randy Pobst)

Track* ** ** ** ** *Overall Finish* * ** ** ** *GT class Finish

Sebring * ** ** ** ** *14 * ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** *3 ( I was told Randy Pobst was driver)
Mosport * ** ** ** ** *32 * ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** *Wheel bearing failure
Sears Point * ** ** *37* ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** *13
Portland * ** ** ** ** *21 * ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** *4
Road Atlanta * ** *20* * ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** *5
Laguna Seca* ** *29* * ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** *9
Las Vegas* * ** ** *16* * ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** *3

2000 Grand Am* ( Team: AASCO Car #21* Drivers: Andy Hajducky, Bob Oneglia, Bobby Caradine(Revenge of the Nerds) )

Track * ** ** ** ** *Overall Finish* * ** ** ** *GTU class Finish

Daytona 24hr * ** *61* ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** *29 (electrical failure)
Lime Rock* ** ** ** *15* ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** *9
Road America* * *28* ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** *8
6hr Watkins Glen 39* * ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** *17
Tim, this looks like an awesome ride. But, since it isn't an original RSR, should the cost be lower than others that are an original? Not being funny or anything, just asking. I'm still learning and interested in another car myself. I could see paying 50 and maybe even 60 depending on the motor hours. BTW, what does it weigh?

The apex of performance, comfort & safety since 2011.
All new racewear available now→ traqgear.com
Old 01-06-2008, 10:14 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CarreraCup03
I know this car and its owner. Clean car set up by dan jacobs. Great deal for 32k.
As of this writing, it's listed for $36,000 and has been listed at that price for at least a few months.
Old 01-06-2008, 10:39 PM
CarreraCup03
Rennlist Member

Mark it is listed on the PCA classifieds at 32k.

http://www.pca.org/mart/classifieds....uery=retrieval
Old 01-06-2008, 10:53 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CarreraCup03
Mark it is listed on the PCA classifieds at 32k.

http://www.pca.org/mart/classifieds....uery=retrieval
Gotcha. It's still isted at $36K in the aforementioned link, the Rennlist classifieds. Good to to know the current price.
Old 01-06-2008, 10:59 PM
CarreraCup03
Rennlist Member

Just wanted to bring it to peoples attention that it is a great car for 32k.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: In Search of New 993 Track Car & Trailex