The Official NNJR @ VIR 2007 thread...

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 10:59 PM
RedlineMan
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey;

What's this... the 7th year? Haven't missed one yet. We have a nice little 10+ caravan coming down from the Best Part of NY, & also three 1st-timer friends from Canada. What's a little 10-12 hour drive anyway? First beer and cigar on Thursday afternoon when we arrive.

TD, it would be great to see you again. I'll supply the Habanas & Hooch!

Old 10-19-2007, 11:30 PM
RJFabCab
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm in.

No TD? No 930man? No LVDell (WEAK EXCUSE )?

Many will be down at CMP for the club race.

I look forward to meeting some of you Jersey boys at VIR.

Cheers
Old 10-19-2007, 11:54 PM
RJFabCab
Addict
Rennlist Member

Someone fill me in on the 'Pink' group. Only 10 drovers?

I find it interesting that each region has its own colors and specific groups.
Old 10-20-2007, 12:21 AM
930man
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i wish i could get in and instruct!!! like to bring the ew car and drive it stock set up !!!!!!
Old 10-20-2007, 01:09 AM
fuenfer
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by RJFabCab

Pink is supposed to be for the overflow in the red instructors group. I think Russ once said that his computer program can't take more than 60 in a group, so when there are lots of instructors, he creates a pink run group. Other than VIR and the Glen, I think our run groups are fairly typical for our area, with Red (instructors), Black (Advanced), White/Blue (Intermediate solo/instructed), Yellow (Novice) and Green (Beginner).
Old 10-20-2007, 01:14 AM
fuenfer
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Bull
What??? Are you nuts???? Nobody wants THAT!!!

Seriously, I would really enjoy that and thanks for asking, but a good friend (and business partner), who is attending for his first VIR trip, has already recruited me.

There are MANY great instructors signed up for this event, so I bet you will be in good hands!
Hey, just because I look up to BostonDMD and even parked right next to him at LCMT earlier this year doesn't mean you have to be nuts to instruct me... or does it??

I don't doubt that I'll have lots of awesome instructors -- our events always do. But one of days, it'd be great if you could take the right seat and tell me what I'm doing wrong!
Old 10-20-2007, 01:23 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 255 Likes on 157 Posts

What??? Are you nuts???? Nobody wants THAT!!!

Seriously, I would really enjoy that and thanks for asking, but a good friend (and business partner), who is attending for his first VIR trip, has already recruited me.

There are MANY great instructors signed up for this event, so I bet you will be in good hands!
You do know that you need to put booster springs on the instructor side when Bull rides with you.. and I think there is a special headliner bubble you need to buy...
Old 10-20-2007, 01:46 AM
RJFabCab
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by fuenfer
Pink is supposed to be for the overflow in the red instructors group.

Other than VIR and the Glen, I think our run groups are fairly typical for our area, with Red (instructors), Black (Advanced), White/Blue (Intermediate solo/instructed), Yellow (Novice) and Green (Beginner).
Thanks for the pink clarification.

As a comparison to NNJRPCA:

LSRPCA: green<blue<yellow<white<red
Carolinas PCA: green<blue<white<black<red
Old 10-20-2007, 01:51 AM
fuenfer
Burning Brakes

I'm guessing that plenty of instructors will be looking at this thread -- so perhaps I could get some help from you all. And I will write this in a style reminiscent of my friend and idol BostonDentist.

After 24 track days, and having been to VIR at least once before, I am still assigned to the slowest group for this VIR event, but would love to move up to the blue run group. What instructors amongst you would like to take on the challenge of making me ineligible for HWFMR?? And maybe show me what I'm constantly screwing up that prevents me from advancing?
Old 10-20-2007, 02:25 AM
Gator_86_951
Spell Checker
Rennlist Member

Received 393 Likes on 296 Posts

Can't wait to come out and run with you guys up there. I have never driven VIR. Current plan is to get the '44 back together before graduation and such. I have about two weeks but everything is ready and a full garage. Will be moving up to DC sometime mid to late march of next year. Dad wants to do some events in the '44 and wants me to take it home (fla) for events during the dead part of the season.

I think I am going to store it in maryland at my aunt's friend's place. I'll look up storage details here when I get there.

VIR looks like too much fun. Sebring has gotten somewhat boring Not that I am an outstanding driver, but mid-ohio was my first elevation change outside of Charlotte and the infield.
Old 10-20-2007, 08:57 AM
Al P.
Pro

Originally Posted by Gary R.
You do know that you need to put booster springs on the instructor side when Bull rides with you.. and I think there is a special headliner bubble you need to buy...
That's funny.
Old 10-20-2007, 09:26 AM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RJFabCab

Pink is a result of the limitations of the software that is used by the DE folks. There is a limit to the number of people it will allow to be shown in a run group, and there is a limit to the total number of run groups that can be utilized. In this case, it looks like Black was at capacity, so Green and Yellow were combined into Yellow (they run together at VIR anyway), and Pink was created for the Black overflow.

Given the number of people in Pink who share a car with a Red driver, it looks like Pink and Black will run together. don't worry about the run group sizes yet, as there are many cancellations and some run group migration between the initial acceptance package and the final Track Pack. Additionally, those who come sans car to just instruct are also shown in their usual run group for tracking purposes.

Oh, why "Pink"? Because a batch of Red run group stickers was delivered some years ago with the color washed out....and "Pink" was born.
Old 10-20-2007, 09:31 AM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary R.
You can still refer to the roof mods as a "Gurney Bubble" young man. And as for springs, no booster needed, but any progressive springs do tend to become single rate springs for the run.

Al P., I'll deal with you at VIR!
Old 10-20-2007, 09:54 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 255 Likes on 157 Posts

You can still refer to the roof mods as a "Gurney Bubble" young man. And as for springs, no booster needed, but any progressive springs do tend to become single rate springs for the run.

Bob - I had the picture of the Ford GT in my head but just couldn't remember the name it was given.. thanks!
Old 10-20-2007, 10:22 AM
Al P.
Pro

Looking forward to it. I've had very little track time in the last year and a half.

Quick Reply: The Official NNJR @ VIR 2007 thread...