Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

993 body vent holes? ...what to do?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 02:19 PM
JoeMag
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
Default 993 body vent holes? ...what to do?

The 993 wide body pics could not me more timely as I'm hanging 993 wide body on my car now. I have captured many of the pics from 993 post that show these vents below. I have seen:

1. above front fenders
2. rear of front tire
3. rear of rear tire
4. back of car in bumper

Where should I put vents?
Where can you buy the louver (sp?) panels?
Are there any detriments to any of these locations?

Last edited by JoeMag; 12-18-2012 at 01:16 PM.
Old 10-18-2007, 03:31 PM
AndyT
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well the White and red RSR is Joel Reisers. He is the national tech for 964 993 996 and cup cars. The bodywork was done by Patritti origionally. You can ask him where he got the carbon fiber louvers. I would say Crawford Composites but that is just a hunch.

You can find Joel at:

www.reiser-technik.com
Old 10-18-2007, 04:45 PM
JoeMag
Rennlist Member

oh yea, I know Joel. ...I'm sure he (and Geoffrey) are getting tired of me asking them 993 questions over the last 9mo's as I'm building this car. Great guys!
Old 10-19-2007, 12:11 PM
Cory M
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 43 Posts

Joe -

I've been collecting parts for my own 993 widebody build, I'd love to hear more about your project. I'm still in the early stages of my build, I have to build my cage and finish prepping the chassis before I can hang the bodywork.

Here is another thread about fender louvers:

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ghlight=louver

That white car in the second pic was built by KellyMoss, maybe they can sell you the louvers.

The purpose of the front fender louvers and vents is to bleed off the high pressure air caused by the rotating tire. The vents you see on the back of the rear bumpers are there to allow the air to flow through, the diagonal vents on the sides of the rear bumpers are probably venting the air and aiding in cooling because of the hot turbochargers.

I plan on making my own louvered fenders but it will probably be a few months before I get it done. I'll post some pictures of them when they are done.
Old 10-22-2007, 01:35 PM
JoeMag
Rennlist Member

Cory -- thx. Did find some more louvers at genright.com too. Many I found were pretty wide, and these were 4" and 15" long.

In about two weeks my car should have the body hung enough that I can post pics. I'll post them in your993 wide body post.

--Joe
Old 10-26-2007, 12:33 PM
Cory M
Drifting

These guys sell fiberglass louver panels that look good, they may be too wide and flat for 911 fenders though (scroll down the page about half way):

http://www.tiger-racing.com/for_sale.html
Old 10-26-2007, 01:31 PM
bgiere
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts

Joe,

That pic of Reiser's car was one that I took at WGI this spring...I have that and more posted on my flickr site...i'm not sure how it ended up on RL though! Call me if you want the PW for my Flickr site...you're welcome to tkae a look at the pic's anytime...
Old 10-26-2007, 01:39 PM
Cory M
Drifting

Originally Posted by bgiere
That pic of Reiser's car was one that I took at WGI this spring...I have that and more posted on my flickr site...i'm not sure how it ended up on RL though! Call me if you want the PW for my Flickr site...you're welcome to tkae a look at the pic's anytime...
Ha! I did a Google image search for 993 GT2 and that was one of the pictures that came up. There's probably a ton of other peoples random pictures in my 993 widebody picture thread, I took some of them myself but most of them are off the net.
Old 10-26-2007, 02:17 PM
bgiere
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts

Cory, no problemo, I was actually kinda honored to see it posted! could be my big break as a motosports photographer!
Old 10-26-2007, 07:11 PM
JoeMag
Rennlist Member

Cory -- thx. i ended up buying a set from genright. they're 4" x 15", stamped 0.08" alum for $40. took some meas and you go much wider than that and you're really getting into the curvature of the fender. haven't gottem yet, so we'll have to see when they come in.

Brant -- thx, but I think Cory's pc should be blowing up any day due to the massive amount of 993 pics he has on it. I got enough from his othe post.

Quick Reply: 993 body vent holes? ...what to do?