Default 2007 GP Brasil de Fórmula 1

Let the trash talking commence ... !!
Old 10-13-2007, 12:11 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Wait a minute, I thought it was accepted forum tradition that A. Wayne throws the green flag on all F1 discussions
Old 10-13-2007, 12:16 AM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 98 Likes on 50 Posts

Go Kimi!!
Old 10-13-2007, 12:17 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2,873 Likes on 1,709 Posts

Status quo. Hamilton wins the WC. Four points is alot to overcome in 1 race. Hamilton will have a conservative race strategy. No win necessary.

Pray for rain... and a coming together of the McLarens. God if that happened, I think Ron Dennis would jump out of his chair on pit lane and strangle Alonso himself.
Old 10-13-2007, 12:17 AM
fuenfer
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
Wait a minute, I thought it was accepted forum tradition that A. Wayne throws the green flag on all F1 discussions
Uhm, my apologies if I broke protocol here.

Maybe I'll apply to be A. Wayne's green flag throwing assistant?
Old 10-13-2007, 01:36 AM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 98 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by M3Pete
Status quo. Hamilton wins the WC. Four points is alot to overcome in 1 race. Hamilton will have a conservative race strategy. No win necessary.

Pray for rain... and a coming together of the McLarens. God if that happened, I think Ron Dennis would jump out of his chair on pit lane and strangle Alonso himself.
In reality, I agree with all of the above.^^^^^
Old 10-13-2007, 01:39 AM
fuenfer
Burning Brakes

+1
Old 10-13-2007, 02:38 AM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Massa crashes with Hamilton (Team orders). Kimi and Fernando put a battle.
Old 10-13-2007, 02:54 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOL
You better read this before Kimi wins

http://www.f1i.com/content/view/6909/1/

kyllä Ole hyvä.

Forget RD, i want to see the look on your face if Kimi wins , Fully justifying the firing of MS .... go you overpaid vodka sucking Finn Tomson , Go Kimi

Last edited by A.Wayne; 10-13-2007 at 03:23 AM.
Old 10-13-2007, 03:10 AM
fuenfer
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
LOL
You better read this before Kimi wins

http://www.f1i.com/content/view/6909/1/

Forget RD, i want to see the look on your face if Kimi wins , Fully justifying the firing of MS .... go you overpaid vodka sucking Finn Tomson , Go Kimi
Well, if Kimi wins, I wonder if that would accelerate Jean Todt's departure from Ferrari. It seems like I've seen news of his imminent departure from a few sources in the recent weeks.
Old 10-13-2007, 09:02 AM
smlporsche
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

A. Wayne-

That was one hell of a read ! A very interesting behind the scenes look at all that went on. I knew about some of it but it makes alot more sense now. Thanks for the find.
Old 10-13-2007, 09:39 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by smlporsche
A. Wayne-

That was one hell of a read ! A very interesting behind the scenes look at all that went on. I knew about some of it but it makes alot more sense now. Thanks for the find.

Yes , that article filled in the blanks that led to MS's release to make way for Kimi it was always obvious MS was forced out, the behind the scenes struggle is an eye opener. We now know why kimi and MS don't talk and why kimi wasn't receptive in the beginning .... Credit for the find goes out to fuenfer.....
Old 10-13-2007, 09:49 AM
tman
Pro

I can't wait to hear the Finnish anthem again when Kimi wins the race and the WC after Hamilton and Alonso take eachother out of the race.
Or not.
Old 10-13-2007, 10:19 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2,873 Likes on 1,709 Posts

Wayne, when MS announced his retirement after winning the Italian GP. I read the body language of all in the pits after the win and it was clear that Ferrari was divided into two camps with Montezelomo on one side and virtually everyone else on the other. I posted this on the day it happened as it was clear a power struggle, so Italian, so Ferrariesque, was taking place.

Although I am an ardent supporter of MS, I understand were Montzelomo is coming from. It's better to change your top driver a little too early, than too late. MS had been on the fence along time about whether he was going to retire or not and eventually, the decision was made for him by Montezelomo. From Luca's stand point, if MS retires, his team leader is Massa. Not very confidence inspiring. Kimi's contract with McLaren was up at the end of the year. He acted on it for the long term benefit of the team. A year ago, I wrote that a 7 time WC (and remember at the time he could have won his 8th) should be able to retire on his own terms. That is not what happened.

So to answer your question, yes, I always felt in my heart that MS was pushed out for Kimi. Is it Kimi's fault, no. Kimi is Montezelomo's choice where Todt's new boy is Massa (no surprise there since his son manages him). I don't like nepotism in large organizations like that as favortism overrules flat out results. But it is what it is. We move on.
Old 10-13-2007, 12:42 PM
daigo
Burning Brakes

What is Lewis takes out Alonso!

Quick Reply: 2007 GP Brasil de Fórmula 1