2007 GP Brasil de Fórmula 1

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 12:18 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2,873 Likes on 1,709 Posts

Originally Posted by Russ Murphy
I see the folks in Brazil subscribe to the twin-keel school of "chassis" design.
Very funny
Old 10-17-2007, 02:44 AM
fuenfer
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
I'm currently in Brazil
No wonder this thread's been quiet today!
Old 10-17-2007, 12:27 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Spanish motorsport head trusts McLaren

By Simon Baskett Wednesday, October 17th 2007, 08:10 GMT

www.autosport.com

The head of Spanish motorsport has said he is confident Fernando Alonso and Lewis Hamilton will receive equal treatment in the title-deciding Grand Prix in Brazil after meeting McLaren chief Ron Dennis on Tuesday.

"I'm convinced that Hamilton and Alonso are going to get exactly the same treatment," Spanish Motorsport Federation president Carlos Gracia told Reuters in a telephone interview.

"McLaren have demonstrated their professionalism over many years and so has Ron Dennis.

"I met with Ron Dennis at his request in Madrid this morning and we discussed the season and that meeting confirmed my confidence in him and the team."

The relationship between Dennis and Alonso has deteriorated this season and the Spaniard fears that the team would prefer Hamilton to win the title.

Formula One's governing body, the FIA, have appointed an official to ensure Spanish world champion Alonso receives the same treatment as his McLaren team mate Hamilton at the title-deciding at Interlagos.

Gracia will also be attending the race at the invitation of Dennis.

"The only reason for my presence at Interlagos is because Ron Dennis had the courtesy to invite me," said Gracia. "He showed his complete professionalism by offering Pedro Martinez de la Rosa as a translator so if I had any questions or doubts they could be resolved."

Gracia distanced himself from controversial comments about Hamilton in an interview published in Spanish daily El Publico on Tuesday.

Questioned about the support the McLaren driver enjoyed in England and the desire of the media to see an English world champion, Gracia was quoted as saying:

"It's understandable that they want to make the most of it. But given how racist they are in England, the fact that they have to rely on a coloured driver...They tried it with (Jenson) Button and he let them down."

But Gracia told Reuters: "I'm very surprised by what was published and lament the interpretation which has been put on the words. They were taken out of context and wrongly interpreted.

"I want to make it clear that I do not believe in stereotyping any nationality. There was no racist element to what I said and I am a great admirer of England. I did not say that.

"The accusations that have emerged go against the very principles I've defended in 23 years at the head of the Spanish Federation.

"What I meant was that England have been looking for a Formula One idol for many years and no matter who he was they were going to give him all their support.

"I have always had great respect for Hamilton as a driver and that respect remains even though he can take the title away from Alonso."

Hamilton, the 22-year-old Briton who could become the first rookie to win the Formula One title as well as the youngest champion, leads Spaniard Alonso by four points ahead of the decider at Interlagos on Sunday.
Old 10-17-2007, 12:31 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Flav puts his money on Alonso
Wednesday 17th October 2007

www.autosport.com

Renault boss Flavio Briatore has tipped his former driver Fernando Alonso to beat McLaren team-mate Lewis Hamilton to the Formula One drivers' title, claiming the Briton is under more pressure.

Hamilton faces an all-or-nothing showdown with rival Alonso and Ferrari's Kimi Raikkonen in this weekend's Brazilian Grand Prix at Interlagos.

And Briatore believes the 22-year-old rookie, who currently leads Alonso by four points, will feel the heat more than the defending champion.

"This is the big pressure moment for all three drivers and the guy at the front has the most pressure of all," the Italian told the Daily Mirror."For me the favourite is still Fernando. He has the experience, he has been here before and he has always been fast in Brazil, which is a difficult and unusual circuit."
Old 10-17-2007, 12:44 PM
Blackness
Pro

Lewis wins it all and immediately announces a $$$gazillion, 100 year contract to drive a school bus, uh NASCAR Cup car, for Waltrip Racing.
Old 10-17-2007, 12:45 PM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

Flav puts his money on Alonso
Wednesday 17th October 2007

www.autosport.com

Renault boss Flavio Briatore has tipped his former driver Fernando Alonso to beat McLaren team-mate Lewis Hamilton to the Formula One drivers' title, claiming the Briton is under more pressure.

Hamilton faces an all-or-nothing showdown with rival Alonso and Ferrari's Kimi Raikkonen in this weekend's Brazilian Grand Prix at Interlagos.

And Briatore believes the 22-year-old rookie, who currently leads Alonso by four points, will feel the heat more than the defending champion.

"This is the big pressure moment for all three drivers and the guy at the front has the most pressure of all," the Italian told the Daily Mirror."For me the favourite is still Fernando. He has the experience, he has been here before and he has always been fast in Brazil, which is a difficult and unusual circuit."
Flavor Flav kissing his driver's...I mean next year driver's...I mean former driver's ***...
Old 10-17-2007, 01:41 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

http://www.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlin...17155853.shtml

Norbert Haug has issued a denial to persistent rumours that Nico Rosberg is at the top of the list to potentially replace Fernando Alonso at McLaren next season.

To the German news agency Deutsche Presse-Agentur, Haug - who is McLaren partner Mercedes-Benz's competition director - also countered reports that impressive Toro Rosso rookie Sebastian Vettel might be an ideal candidate should Alonso leave the team after Sunday's Brazilian Grand Prix.

"So there is no confusion, there are no talks," Haug was quoted as saying on Wednesday.
Cliquez ici...
"Whether one of them drives for us one day, I do not know - they are both good enough. Their destiny lies in their own hands."
Old 10-17-2007, 01:46 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I hope everyone appreciates the amount of work that our friend A. Wayne puts into these F1 updates.....sponsored by Fernando Alonso
Old 10-17-2007, 02:23 PM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

From F1-Live
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alonso most likely to 'lose nerve' - pundits
''He has allowed Lewis to get under his skin'' - Stewart

If Sunday's championship decider ends with a Senna-Prost style collision, the culprit will be Fernando Alonso. That is the belief of former racer turned commentator Hans-Joachim Stuck, who questions the Spaniard's calm under fire.

"If one of the three candidates loses his nerve, it will be Alonso," he told the German newspaper Bild-Zeitung. "He has shown it before - when the going gets tough, he is not under control. Hamilton would do well to stay away from him on the track."

Triple world champion Sir Jackie Stewart accuses the 26-year-old not of driving poorly in 2007, but of not knowing how to respond correctly when he is beaten by Lewis Hamilton.

"(Alonso's) human skills haven't been good enough out of the car," Stewart told the British newspaper Daily Telegraph.
Cliquez ici...

"I've been disappointed by his response to Lewis, by the things that have been allowed to happen under his personal direction. He has allowed Lewis to get under his skin," the Scot, who is not attending the Interlagos race this weekend, added.

Another three time title winner, Niki Lauda, says Ferrari's Kimi Raikkonen could be the lucky beneficiary of Senna-Prost style collisions over at McLaren.

"In a way it is the simplest for him," the Austrian legend said ahead of the last race of the season. "He only needs to win the race and hope that the others screw it up..."

E.A.
Source GMM
Old 10-17-2007, 03:24 PM
Nano
Racer

should lewis and fernando screw it up badly (as in out of the race)... and kimi finds himself in the lead.

I will turn off the TV and go do something else.

My nerves wouldn't last and I couldn't keep my breath till the end of the race
Old 10-17-2007, 03:47 PM
mitch236
Rennlist Member

Cliquez ici

What does that mean?
Old 10-17-2007, 03:53 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 1957 356
From F1-Live
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alonso most likely to 'lose nerve' - pundits
''He has allowed Lewis to get under his skin'' - Stewart

If Sunday's championship decider ends with a Senna-Prost style collision, the culprit will be Fernando Alonso. That is the belief of former racer turned commentator Hans-Joachim Stuck, who questions the Spaniard's calm under fire.

"If one of the three candidates loses his nerve, it will be Alonso," he told the German newspaper Bild-Zeitung. "He has shown it before - when the going gets tough, he is not under control. Hamilton would do well to stay away from him on the track."

Triple world champion Sir Jackie Stewart accuses the 26-year-old not of driving poorly in 2007, but of not knowing how to respond correctly when he is beaten by Lewis Hamilton.

"(Alonso's) human skills haven't been good enough out of the car," Stewart told the British newspaper Daily Telegraph.
Cliquez ici...

"I've been disappointed by his response to Lewis, by the things that have been allowed to happen under his personal direction. He has allowed Lewis to get under his skin," the Scot, who is not attending the Interlagos race this weekend, added.

Another three time title winner, Niki Lauda, says Ferrari's Kimi Raikkonen could be the lucky beneficiary of Senna-Prost style collisions over at McLaren.

"In a way it is the simplest for him," the Austrian legend said ahead of the last race of the season. "He only needs to win the race and hope that the others screw it up..."

E.A.
Source GMM
Intersting Observation by the geriatric club,,, LH cracked in Hungary , in germany and big time in China , FA in Canada , RD is the one who has cracked , permanently , i would say from 1992.

FA has 2 wdc , Brazil ends all arguments and speculations ....

"(Alonso's) human skills haven't been good enough out of the car," Stewart
told

ahhh, this brings us to JYS, ,,, LOL, can we team JYS up with Jimmy Carter, the ultimate Hoof in mouth disease patients
Old 10-17-2007, 04:05 PM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mitch236
Cliquez ici

What does that mean?
click here
Old 10-17-2007, 04:07 PM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

Intersting Observation by the geriatric club,,, LH cracked in Hungary , in germany and big time in China , FA in Canada , RD is the one who has cracked , permanently , i would say from 1992.

FA has 2 wdc , Brazil ends all arguments and speculations ....

"(Alonso's) human skills haven't been good enough out of the car," Stewart
told

ahhh, this brings us to JYS, ,,, LOL, can we team JYS up with Jimmy Carter, the ultimate Hoof in mouth disease patients
JYS has ***** twice the size of Alonso

Has it been confirmed that Alonso has *****?
Old 10-17-2007, 04:30 PM
GREEK-TURBO-RACER
Pro

Originally Posted by Nano
should lewis and fernando screw it up badly (as in out of the race)... and kimi finds himself in the lead.

I will turn off the TV and go do something else.

My nerves wouldn't last and I couldn't keep my breath till the end of the race
From your mouth to Gods ears. Yes, I want Kimi to win it all Sunday. As I mentioned in an old post months ago, Kimi could still be the wild card here in this current years F-1 soap opera.

Lets see.

Theo

Quick Reply: 2007 GP Brasil de Fórmula 1