2007 GP Brasil de Fórmula 1

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 12:40 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
IIRC, wasn't it generally accepted a while back that Schumacher was an exceptional driver in the rain? IIRC, the term 'Rainmeister' was often used on the broadcasts as he continually set fast lap in the wet.

IIRC, it was also generally accepted that Michelin had a clear superiority on extreme wets while Bridgestone had a clear superiority on standard wets (or inters if you prefer that term).

Barrichello was the best rain driver in F1 during the schumacherera, He ran as high as 2 nd in the rain at Donington in 93 in a jordan with no electronics, would have made the podium if the car had not failed with but a handful of laps to go, in that race MS did not make 1 lap fell off...he put a Stewart on the pole @ spa in the wet, his first wet win at the German GP for Ferrari starting from mid-pack to beat Mika , or look at the 2000 Canadian GP , when he pitted for tires and was pushed back , as they wanted him to wait on MS to come in for his tires ( imagine trying that to day , MS had special attn bwoy) , they changed MS tires , then pushed rubin forward , put on his wets and sent him out , he chased MS and after catching him in the rain was ordered repeatedly not to pass go look at the video, Canadian GP 2000...

What is really interesting , when MS GETS HIS **** HANDED TO HIM , THE OTHERS HAVE AN ADVANTAGE IN EQUIPMENT, WHEN THERE PUNK WINS HE IS THE BEST can't have it both ways he was schooled in the video , both video's, spin it anyway you want , he was schooled !

THe guy was obviously the best in his era , but you should admit when he is beaten , he was not that superior to his peers as the F1 Hollywood effect might lead you to believe. There where other drivers that could and would beat schumacher given the opportunity in equal equipment and allowed to , Rubin would have beaten MS at least 4- 5 times out of his yearly tally as they where at least 4 tracks MS could not touch rubin at , this would have made a huge swing in his tally if he had to give up 4 races a year to his teammate, as Alonso had to do this year to his teammate .....

As usual the MS swingers defeat facts with conjecture , deny evidence with opinion , Ms in Inferior equipment LOL that is so off it is not funny

Last edited by A.Wayne; 10-27-2007 at 01:00 PM.
Old 10-27-2007, 01:06 PM
multi21
On temporary vacation

Received 2,895 Likes on 1,719 Posts

It's not pretty when the hate just oozes out of every angle imaginable. Perhaps people will only see what they want to see. Sad really.
Old 10-27-2007, 01:10 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by M3Pete
It's not pretty when the hate just oozes out of every angle imaginable. Perhaps people will only see what they want to see. Sad really.

Smoke and Mirrors again Pete, Hate ! I gave you factual evidence and you refute it with opinion , again .
Yeah disregard the evidence as usual ,true to your genre .....
Old 10-27-2007, 01:17 PM
multi21
On temporary vacation

A blind monkey can find a moment or two where he wasn't the best over a 15 year career. Maybe JV had a nice overtaking move on him at some point. Hell, even Montoya had a nice pass on him in the bus stop at Spa. No one is perfect, but trying to compare Rubino to MS? Even a broken watch is right twice a day.
Old 10-27-2007, 01:24 PM
Nano
Racer

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
As usual the MS swingers defeat facts with conjecture , deny evidence with opinion , Ms in Inferior equipment LOL that is so off it is not funny
So what? I can post three seasons of Villeneuve, getting schooled by everyone, teammate included, driving into walls, and whining that would make Alonso look like a saint. I can even bring up Senna getting schooled, would that detract anything from their most brilliant moments? Schumacher certainly wasn't flawless, but he was above anyone in this era... the only one to come close is indeed Alonso. Barichello was a good #2 driver, without Schumacher to drive the team he would have achieved nada. There are people who blow MS out of proportion and people who redicule him out of proportion, at least you acknowledge he was the greatest in his era, which is the only real measure of a champion. But swinger's syndrome includes bringing up these issues when without doubts MS in shangai put out a performance worthy of his name. There were no doubts to anyone he had inferior equipment in shangai 2006, Alonso would have won had the team not F-U his race, MS win was the glazing on the cherry on the icing, but his drive was awe inspiring, a #2 place would have been the same.

As far as MS swingers and anti-swingers go, you are out-numbered 1000 to 1, so it's all good. You are actually doing MS a service .

On with the topic..

Marca say they have proof Hamilton Fu - up.

PLS standing for pit lane speed limiter... he would have accidently enabled the speed limiter.

Don't know what the pillar of truth and integrity saw... he probably didn't know a PLS switch existed, his engineers never told him, and he doesn't talk to anyone :P

Mclaren official story is still "Hamilton did not make any mistakes, at interlagos, the temporary problem would have been caused by a faulty valve".

Self repairing valves, that's some serious technology.

Last edited by Nano; 10-27-2007 at 01:43 PM.
Old 10-27-2007, 01:55 PM
multi21
On temporary vacation

Yea, I read yesterday that Mclaren was blaming a valve. Funny how the valve didn't have any more problems with 60 odd laps to go in the race.
Old 10-27-2007, 01:59 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Nano
So what? I can post three seasons of Villeneuve, getting schooled by everyone, teammate included, driving into walls, and whining that would make Alonso look like a saint. I can even bring up Senna getting schooled, would that detract anything from their most brilliant moments? Schumacher certainly wasn't flawless, but he was above anyone in this era... the only one to come close is indeed Alonso. Barichello was a good #2 driver, without Schumacher to drive the team he would have achieved nada. There are people who blow MS out of proportion and people who redicule him out of proportion, at least you acknowledge he was the greatest in his era, which is the only real measure of a champion. But swinger's syndrome includes bringing up these issues when without doubts MS in shangai put out a performance worthy of his name. There were no doubts to anyone he had inferior equipment in shangai 2006, Alonso would have won had the team not F-U his race, MS win was the glazing on the cherry on the icing, but his drive was awe inspiring, a #2 place would have been the same.

As far as MS swingers and anti-swingers go, you are out-numbered 1000 to 1, so it's all good. You are actually doing MS a service .

On with the topic..

Marca say they have proof Hamilton Fu - up.

PLS standing for pit lane speed limiter... he would have accidently enabled the speed limiter.

Don't know what the pillar of truth and integrity saw... he probably didn't know a PLS switch existed, his engineers never told him, and he doesn't talk to anyone :P

Mclaren official story is still "Hamilton did not make any mistakes, at interlagos, the temporary problem would have been caused by a faulty valve".

Self repairing valves, that's some serious technology.

Nano,

I said this THe guy was obviously the best in his era , but you should admit when he is beaten what's your point ?
You keep telling me how good MS was, I know how good he was , but you have to acknowledge the obvious.
Barrichello was better than a no 2 driver , again you give me your opinion and not address the facts. The fact is there are races that prove Ms would have been beaten by barrichello at the very least 3-4 times a year this would have taken away from his Tally. Admitting this is the first step, the evidence bears this out. With the same Hollywood script , Ferrari with mucho changes still won WDC and WMC again this year without MS , they will do so again next year... without MS , so quit with the bad equipment slogan , it does not exist ... The opinions are so bias that in your review of the Chinese GP , Alonso rocketed off in the wet with his superior Wet Michelins , but as soon as it started to dry the great schumacher came back and won , Yea , clap clap,
what you should have said was, now with a drying track schumacher had the superior Dry Bridestones tires and was able to beat Alonso at the chinese GP ..... the bias is off the chart .

After waiting 10 years to see Hammy in F1 i was very pleased to see him lose , as he was the new designated F1 Hollywood champion, the new Schumacher so to speak. it was and still is a disgrace to the sport ......
Old 10-27-2007, 02:15 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

A blind monkey can find a moment or two where he wasn't the best over a 15 year career. Maybe JV had a nice overtaking move on him at some point. Hell, even Montoya had a nice pass on him in the bus stop at Spa. No one is perfect, but trying to compare Rubino to MS? Even a broken watch is right twice a day.
I said he was faster than Ms in the wet and would have beaten him at least 3 -4 times a year i didn't say he was better , i said it would have changed MS tally, i can provide my proof where is yours.....
I see you still refute facts with opinion , Hmm i see a trend , Bananas Anyone !
Old 10-27-2007, 02:19 PM
Nano
Racer

LoL, you are still denying the FACT schumacher did an exceptional drive in shangai against all odds YOU are bringing up Barichello issues to argue a FACT, not me. That is the anti-swinger's syndrome. I brought up my opinon on Barichello... agree that is not relevant to the point (so is your opinon on Barichello not being a #2 driver... although I don't understand the logic of how you can you say Barichello was not a #2 driver after saying massa and raikkonen were #2 drivers) but do I bring up Barichello blunders to support how good MS was? I should admit he is beaten? I did that already in a previous post, remember? 2006 Alonso WDC fair and square.

The track in 2006 Shangai was very much wet till the end, with ONLY the race line being semi-dry. Crashes and spins in the final laps prove how tricky the race still was. The Brigestone weren't as clearly superior as the Michelin had been, but they did improve as the race got dryier.

Last edited by Nano; 10-27-2007 at 02:44 PM.
Old 10-27-2007, 02:32 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Nano
LoL, you are still denying the FACT schumacher did an exceptional drive in shangai against all odds YOU are bringing up Barichello issues to argue a FACT, not me. That is the anti-swinger's syndrome. I brought up my opinon on Barichello... that was not relevant to the point, what are we discussing here? I said Schumacher wasn't flawless, but I won't bring up Barichello blunders to support how good MS was.
Nano,
Stop trying to put words in my mouth , i didn't say they where better than schumacher , i'm countering the one sided review by MS swingers
Schumacher won in china because he had the superior can and tires ,,,,and yes he did schooled them when he had the advantage , but true to the Genre you change directions , i addressed all that you stated , i did not say Barrichello was better than MS , i said he was better than a number 2 and would have won for Ferrari if he had the same script ..........

Barrichello fault was that he sold out for the cash , fine by me , so we and He have to accept that by accepting his contract he had no chance for a WDC, unless of course MS retired , maybe that was his plan, he gave up 1 yr too soon , such is hind sight ...
Old 10-27-2007, 03:01 PM
Moving Chicane
Intermediate

Even a broken watch is right twice a day.
Ha, ha, ha, your so right Pete. A. Wayne would be hard pressed to be right twice a month.

Great point Nano, A. Wayne is the one that is keeping the Michael Schumacher debate going. Here we are talking about a driver that retired over a year ago. He just keeps bring up nonsequitors and videotapes to prolong the debate. Why? Let it go already. It's getting tiring as are you. Where is the F1 subforum?
Old 10-27-2007, 03:50 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Moving Chicane
Ha, ha, ha, your so right Pete. A. Wayne would be hard pressed to be right twice a month.

Great point Nano, A. Wayne is the one that is keeping the Michael Schumacher debate going. Here we are talking about a driver that retired over a year ago. He just keeps bring up nonsequitors and videotapes to prolong the debate. Why? Let it go already. It's getting tiring as are you. Where is the F1 subforum?

As usual for the genre , you are mis-informed and lacking meds..

M3 peter wrote :

3. What does the author mean when he compares the 2006 race from the back of the field and says Schumacher's drive was done on a huge grip advantage over the field? I don't get this quote.

Not i , but your comment was expected .....

Quick Reply: 2007 GP Brasil de Fórmula 1