Sponsored by:

2007 GP Brasil de Fórmula 1

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 02:31 PM
smlporsche
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by M3Pete
Wayne, when MS announced his retirement after winning the Italian GP. I read the body language of all in the pits after the win and it was clear that Ferrari was divided into two camps with Montezelomo on one side and virtually everyone else on the other. I posted this on the day it happened as it was clear a power struggle, so Italian, so Ferrariesque, was taking place.

Although I am an ardent supporter of MS, I understand were Montzelomo is coming from. It's better to change your top driver a little too early, than too late. MS had been on the fence along time about whether he was going to retire or not and eventually, the decision was made for him by Montezelomo. From Luca's stand point, if MS retires, his team leader is Massa. Not very confidence inspiring. Kimi's contract with McLaren was up at the end of the year. He acted on it for the long term benefit of the team. A year ago, I wrote that a 7 time WC (and remember at the time he could have won his 8th) should be able to retire on his own terms. That is not what happened.

So to answer your question, yes, I always felt in my heart that MS was pushed out for Kimi. Is it Kimi's fault, no. Kimi is Montezelomo's choice where Todt's new boy is Massa (no surprise there since his son manages him). I don't like nepotism in large organizations like that as favortism overrules flat out results. But it is what it is. We move on.

Pete-

Did you and A. Wayne almost agree on something???

The world is spinning to fast I must get off
Old 10-13-2007, 05:40 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2,905 Likes on 1,725 Posts

Originally Posted by smlporsche
Pete-

Did you and A. Wayne almost agree on something???

The world is spinning to fast I must get off
It's almost the end of the season. One more race left. After that we'll hold hands and make up. Until 2008 when I'll have Kimi to take the WC and he'll have "What's her name" when she goes to Renault.
Old 10-13-2007, 11:18 PM
fuenfer
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Until 2008 when I'll have Kimi to take the WC and he'll have "What's her name" when she goes to Renault.

This is one of the funniest things I've read on Rennlist!
Old 10-14-2007, 12:38 AM
David Ray
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go KIMI! So you can say "iwontheraceanditwasveryfortunatethatthemclarenshadproblems-wher'sthepartytonight"- finally!!! Next year without TC it should be interesting - no wonder FA is thinking of going back to Renault.
Old 10-14-2007, 01:48 AM
pole position
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You are putting too much into the TC thing. It was banned before and nothing earthstriking happened. The drivers have all winter to get used to it in testing aka no big deal to them.

Maybe Wayneworld can help me read that article because he keeps saying that MS was fired. It looks to me that he just quit because he did not get it his way, apparently he did not want to be paired with that multi WDC worldwonder KR who barely got by Massa (the reincarnation of Senna) this season.

However, it is still just a piece of journalistic writing. Only MS, Monte Z, Todt , Brawn and Weber know the exact facts and none of them is talking.
Old 10-14-2007, 08:23 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Interesting read Wayne, as I've said, Schumi couldn't face racing with Kimi (that article confirms he wasn't "forced out" from Ferrari, he was "forced" to race alongside Kimi which he apparently was too afraid to do), nor does Alonso. And as we know, Kimi would've been ok with either of them. Heh, bunch of pussies.

Anyways, that's past and now we move to Interlagos:

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
...OK, and for Brazil, it's little early but I will repeat after the quali:

I hope Hamilton & Alonso collide with each other (finally!) and Kimi wins at Brazil. i know it won't happen but you can dream anyway...

Last edited by Flying Finn; 10-14-2007 at 12:47 PM.
Old 10-14-2007, 12:02 PM
993GT2
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

There will be a Porsche GT3 CUP race supporting the Formula 1 event at Interlagos.

Anyone interested??

Sergio
Old 10-14-2007, 01:33 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Interesting read Wayne, as I've said, Schumi couldn't face racing with Kimi (that article confirms he wasn't "forced out" from Ferrari, he was "forced" to race alongside Kimi which he apparently was too afraid to do), nor does Alonso. And as we know, Kimi would've been ok with either of them. Heh, bunch of pussies.

Have you been hitting the Vodka lately?? Highly unlikely a 7 time WC, who would undoubtedly have the #1 driver status in his team, be afraid to race with Kimi. As fast as Kimi is, he is not the entire package from a technical and motivational point of view. I believe Monti forced MS out.
Old 10-14-2007, 02:35 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Have you been hitting the Vodka lately?? Highly unlikely a 7 time WC, who would undoubtedly have the #1 driver status in his team, be afraid to race with Kimi. As fast as Kimi is, he is not the entire package from a technical and motivational point of view. I believe Monti forced MS out.
Old 10-14-2007, 02:42 PM
pole position
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Valid point.

KR had top notch equipment for the majority of his career. Everybody talks about his unlucky failure rate but what about facing some facts not fiction like fastest race laps or qualifying...........even up to this year KR has not set the world on fire and IMO , never will.

So , excluding his technical failures which could have been induced by him (or not) how many fastest laps did he set or how many pole's did he get in comparison to MS ?

For proof, just look at his statistics................
Old 10-14-2007, 02:44 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Swing in Finn, we are waiting
Old 10-14-2007, 05:19 PM
fuenfer
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by pole position
KR had top notch equipment for the majority of his career. Everybody talks about his unlucky failure rate but what about facing some facts not fiction like fastest race laps or qualifying...........even up to this year KR has not set the world on fire and IMO , never will.
I also wonder what part of his failure rate is due to his driving style. Wasn't Mario Ilien quoted as saying that Ferrari will need to build Kimi a dump truck, but then quickly came out and denied making the statement? I wonder if that's why Ferrari has been more unreliable this year.
Old 10-14-2007, 05:59 PM
Chaos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 255 Likes on 193 Posts

Lewis wins it all and bolts to Toyota or Honda, Massa joins him !
Old 10-14-2007, 06:15 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Old 10-14-2007, 08:47 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Are you taking a breather? A timeout, if you will?

Quick Reply: 2007 GP Brasil de Fórmula 1