Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alonso is committing ultra-slow-motion career suicide...

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 07:01 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,415 Likes on 756 Posts
Thumbs down Alonso is committing ultra-slow-motion career suicide...

http://www.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlin...09163435.shtml
Old 10-09-2007, 07:15 PM
VERBOTN
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With employees like that who needs enemies.........Perhaps he should revisit the concept the hand that feeds, of course I do not know from what I speak, it could be anything, or perhaps nothing, or maybe something......

Enough already, I suspect RD might envoke my personal philospophy "starting with me EVERYONE and I do include EVERYONE is replaceable"
Old 10-09-2007, 07:48 PM
MDL
Racer

So what if they did, the last time I checked the car does belong to McLaren, not the FIA. They should feel free to run it any way they want.

Why doesnt the FIA just save everyone the trouble and expense of running the races and declare who ever they want to be champion before the season starts? This by far the most interesting season in F1 that I can remember and the FIA is doing everything they can to RUIN IT. Get off of McLaren's *** and let them race.

Dan.
Old 10-09-2007, 07:49 PM
1AS
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 27 Posts

If I were Ron Dennis, I would lace FA's water bottle with cyanide. AS
Old 10-09-2007, 08:51 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MDL
Get off of McLaren's *** and let them race.

Dan.
Dan, Dan, Dan.

They were caught red-handed in a monstroius cheating scandal, which they have admitted to.

Have your forgotten that?

Duh.
Old 10-09-2007, 08:51 PM
Chaos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 255 Likes on 193 Posts

Poor guy,how will he feed his family ?
Old 10-09-2007, 09:40 PM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 98 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Gregg Lewis
Poor guy,how will he feed his family ?
LOL!

Didnt Alonso run three or four more laps [on his original fuel load] than LH? That certainly could have accounted for three or four tenths of his hot laps.

Sounds as though Alonso is really paranoid these days..

Go KIMI!!
Old 10-09-2007, 09:44 PM
Nano
Racer

thre is an Alonso's detractors thread

now the "Hamilton advocates club" thread

Slip of the tongue by Ron Dennis adds fuel to Fernando Alonso conspiracy theory

"Ron Dennis, the team principal of the McLaren Mercedes Formula One team, let one very large cat out of a very expensive bag after Lewis Hamilton’s retirement from the Chinese Grand Prix in Shanghai on Sunday. Speaking about the disastrous decision to delay Hamilton’s tyre change, which led to the British rookie sliding off the track while trying to get into the pits, Dennis said something that will have convinced Fernando Alonso’s supporters that there is a conspiracy within the team against their hero.

“The problem was rain and his [Hamilton’s] tyres were in the worst condition,” Dennis said to a group of British journalists in the paddock at the circuit. “But we weren’t at all fazed about Kimi [Raikkonen, of Ferrari]. We weren’t racing Kimi, we were basically racing Fernando.” "

Slip of the tongue it may have been – there were efforts by McLaren to explain it away - but, in one stroke, Dennis had made a nonsense of his claims to be treating his drivers equitably in the World Championship run-in.

What is more, Dennis’s remarks have turned into articles of faith the deep suspicions in Spain and elsewhere that McLaren could be deliberately doctoring Alonso’s car to present the championship to Hamilton. In large parts of the motor-racing world, it is regarded as gospel that Alonso is battling against not only Hamilton but also the whole McLaren team for his third consecutive drivers’ championship.

It is possible that the public will never know for certain exactly what is going on in a team who have been torn apart by the feud between their drivers and between Alonso and Dennis. The team principal says that McLaren are treating their drivers fairly and giving them equal chances to win, while Alonso says – or implies – that he is being cheated of his chance.[/i]

One element that does seem to be becoming increasingly obvious is that McLaren as an organisation have, in recent weeks, turned their collective backs on Alonso. The team are going through the motions with their unhappy Spaniard, but are deriving very little pleasure from the process and it is undoubtedly the case that, as a group, they would prefer to see Hamilton win the title. "....

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/spo...cle2617378.ece

and

Cheers ring out loud and clear as Britain’s Formula One hero finishes in the gravel

"To know how divisive this Formula One season has been, how sporting rivalries have turned personal, you only had to experience the cheers that went up when Lewis Hamilton slid into the gravel in China yesterday. And that was just in the media centre.

Hamilton may be on a fast track to hero status in Great Britain, but there were plenty of people who could not hide a s****** as he ground to a halt just a few hundred yards from where the mechanics were ready with their tyres. There were more chuckles when he was forced to clamber on to the back of a yellow scooter for the short ride home.

The saviour of the sport? Bernie Ecclestone may believe so, but the rise of the rookie is not being sold as a feel-good story in every corner of the globe, and certainly not across swaths of southern Europe
(no comments )There he is derided as a daddy’s boy who has received preferential treatment. A daddy’s boy with two protective fathers if you include Ron Dennis, the McLaren Mercedes team principal. " ....

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/spo...cle2609935.ece

Last edited by Nano; 10-09-2007 at 10:17 PM.
Old 10-09-2007, 11:14 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

"To know how divisive this Formula One season has been, how sporting rivalries have turned personal, you only had to experience the cheers that went up when Lewis Hamilton slid into the gravel in China yesterday.

Crap they heard the Finn
Old 10-09-2007, 11:18 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Alonso has been this paranoid for quite a few years. He made the exact same claims that Renault was sabotaging him as well...
Old 10-09-2007, 11:31 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Alonso has been this paranoid for quite a few years. He made the exact same claims that Renault was sabotaging him as well...
paranoid , look who is talking , you still see pink haired racing drovers every time you use your rear view mirror....
Old 10-09-2007, 11:52 PM
Nano
Racer

Originally Posted by F1live
Ron Dennis and fellow team chiefs were at the Italian Grand Prix last month served with 'avvisi di garanzias' - formal warnings that they may be charged for sporting fraud, espionage and embezzlement."
An "avviso di garanzia" translates to something like "Fairness notification". It's a legal notification that you are involved in a preliminary investigation, and that evidence is being gathered on a case you are involved in. You are not accused of anything, and may end up never being accused of anything. It is just to inform you so you have a clue (crime, charges, date, case, etc...) and should contact a legal representative...
Old 10-10-2007, 12:21 AM
skl
Official Wednesday AM Red Bull F1 test driver
Rennlist Member

Received 883 Likes on 534 Posts

You don't think Ron will be on Fred's Christmas card list????
Old 10-10-2007, 09:04 AM
mitch236
Rennlist Member

Honestly, how many of you DON'T think RD is trying to influence the young Hamilton's title chances? Maybe RD thinks he has good reason but this is beginning to smell rotten. When I read comments like, "just let them race" I agree. But I don't think it is possible. If Hamilton retires next race, I think RD will be rooting for Kimi to win. It's disgusting...
Old 10-10-2007, 09:27 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
"To know how divisive this Formula One season has been, how sporting rivalries have turned personal, you only had to experience the cheers that went up when Lewis Hamilton slid into the gravel in China yesterday.

Crap they heard the Finn
Damn right! I wasn't quiet!

Originally Posted by mitch236
Honestly, how many of you DON'T think RD is trying to influence the young Hamilton's title chances? Maybe RD thinks he has good reason but this is beginning to smell rotten. When I read comments like, "just let them race" I agree. But I don't think it is possible. If Hamilton retires next race, I think RD will be rooting for Kimi to win. It's disgusting...
Obviously McLaren would rather see Hamilton win instead of Alonso (with Alonso's comments how can there be anyone left in McLaren who deoasn't) but I'm not naive enough to buy this Alonso whine.
I don't see them "sabotaging" Alonso's car the way his little mind thinks they're doing. Seriously, he sounds more and more like a little girl with all of his suspisions etc.
If they so badly didn't want Alonso to win, why did they do such a good job with him in China? It was Hamilton that got screwed up there, not Alonso.

Imagine if in China Alonso was forced to stay out as long as they made Hamilton out (against Bridgestone's orders) and he ended up on gravel with totally worn out tyres?

Oh man, the whining, bitching & moaning of Alonso & Spanish press we would be hearing now...

Quick Reply: Alonso is committing ultra-slow-motion career suicide...