Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   Racing & Drivers Education Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/racing-and-drivers-education-forum-65/)
-   -   Schumacher to bid farewell to Toyota (https://rennlist.com/forums/racing-and-drivers-education-forum/382000-schumacher-to-bid-farewell-to-toyota.html)

A.Wayne 10-02-2007 12:24 AM

Schumacher to bid farewell to Toyota

Ralf Schumacher is to leave Toyota at the end of the season, he confirmed on Monday. Speaking in Shanghai, where he is preparing for his penultimate race with the Japanese team, Schumacher said he has decided to look for a new challenge.

Schumacher joined Toyota from Williams for the 2005 season, but has since enjoyed limited success, with three podiums his best results for the team. In a statement on his official website, the German admitted it had been an interesting, if somewhat frustrating three years.

"I joined Toyota with high expectations,” he said. “On the one hand, I regarded it as a major and exciting challenge to be involved in the development of a new racing car. On the other hand, I also learned to like the Japanese style of living, during my long stay in Japan before entering Formula One. And I still get on well with the Japanese mentality. But I am waiting for years for a competitive car."

He added: "Toyota also was a nice and interesting experience - particularly the cooperation with the team, engineers and mechanics. Still, it’s time now to look for a new challenge."

Concerning his future plans, Schumacher commented: “I'm going to have several conversations in the coming weeks. I will announce my decision when the season is over. For me, the financial aspect is far less important than the chance of being involved in the development of a car and being successful afterwards."

Schumacher, a six-time Grand Prix winner with Williams, has scored five points this season, his best result a sixth place in Hungary.

Flying Finn 10-02-2007 09:35 AM

Finally.

paradisenb 10-02-2007 10:50 AM

Big surprise! "decided to look for a new challenge"? Yeah right! They threw him out on his ear. He quit the last race and it appears they made him get back on track.

Ray S 10-02-2007 11:03 AM

Nascar may be his next challenge. I doubt anyone in F1 wants him.

A.Wayne 10-02-2007 11:04 AM

Maybe PCA , in a boxster .....:D

ltc 10-02-2007 11:46 AM

I'm fairly certain that Ralf has enough $$ to become a paying driver for Spyker....I know, it's a toss up between Sakon Yamamoto (rumored to have brought $14M in sponsorship?) and Ralf Schumacher.

Hey, Ralf's brother could always buy him a team, a la Takuma Sato and Honda.

Chaos 10-02-2007 02:56 PM

BMW Club Racer ?

MJSpeed 10-02-2007 05:34 PM

Who???

Who gives a ****?!?!

gums 10-02-2007 05:48 PM

"But I am waiting for years for a competitive car."

That's the difference; he didn't contribute anything to making it happen himself. His brother knew how to develop and build around himself, Ferrari was in shambles when he got there, put in a few years and then reaped the benefits.

hacker-pschorr 10-02-2007 05:49 PM

Champ Car :icon107:

Would give Paul Tracy someone new to bump into.

chris walrod 10-02-2007 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by Enzo (Post 4633016)
Would give Paul Tracy someone new to bump into.

you mean run over:)

GREEK-TURBO-RACER 10-02-2007 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by MJSpeed (Post 4632955)
Who???

Who gives a ****?!?!

Exactly. And he actually thinks some team is going to PAY him to develop a new car ?
I heard that his wife Corin opened up a clothing line or something . Maybe he should go and work for her.

Theo

MJSpeed 10-02-2007 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by GREEK-TURBO-RACER (Post 4633278)
Exactly. And he actually thinks some team is going to PAY him to develop a new car ?
I heard that his wife Corin opened up a clothing line or something . Maybe he should go and work for her.

Theo

Not a chance...she would then know what its like to have an overpaid fraud on payroll.

GREEK-TURBO-RACER 10-03-2007 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by MJSpeed (Post 4633590)
Not a chance...she would then know what its like to have an overpaid fraud on payroll.

Funny it took Toyota this long to see the exact thing. Looks like he ran out of suckers to even consider him.

Theo

Juan Lopez 10-03-2007 02:50 PM

In all fairness, Jarno has not been able to develop the car either ;)

Ralfie is a way overpaid and just "another" F1 driver. Has never been spectacular in the way some of the modern masters have been (Michael, Mika, Kimi, ...).

Maybe he and Corinna should trade places. I understand she's pretty good racing a Mini !