Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 07:59 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Question Anyone towing a stacker

Anyone here own/tow a stacker? Any advice/comments/suggestions/size/tow vehicle?

My son is quickly getting to the age of driving cars instead of karts, so it looks like I might end up with 2 vehicles brought to track events.

The wife/President/CEO/CFO of the current team vetoed a Prevost as a tow vehicle (my son is still working on that, he thinks it's a great idea)....she doesn't want something that large in the driveway.

So, thinking about a 'short' aluminum stacker (maybe 24') and perhaps a 'small' toterhome.
Old 09-20-2007, 09:00 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,756 Likes on 2,359 Posts

pm 911racer. he has a stacker.
Old 09-20-2007, 09:50 PM
amondc
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Funny you should bring this up. We just picked up a 28ft haulmark proline stacker and a freightliner toterhome. Have only driven it back from FL empty but can give you more info after Hallett in October.

24ft is probably enough for 2 cars and some tools. If you are planing on golf cart etc 28ft is needed.

Chris
Old 12-04-2007, 03:52 PM
Jarez Mifkin
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm looking into a 36' gooseneck stacker with a 28' floor, anyone have any experience with these? I have a F450, so the tow vehicle isn't an issue. I would prefer aluminum but cost is going to force steel.

Last edited by Jarez Mifkin; 12-04-2007 at 07:33 PM.
Old 12-04-2007, 04:43 PM
Cory M
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 43 Posts

We've got a custom 20 foot stacker, basically a tall box trailer with a lift installed in it. I built in some tire racks and tool boxes. It does everything we need it to and is smaller and cheaper than most of the commercially available stackers. We tow it with a diesel pusher motorhome, you could do it with a heavy duty diesel pick-up but I think it would be kind of sketchy. We also have an open stacker that is easy to pull behind a truck loaded up but obviously lacks the tool boxes and stuff.

You should check out the toter and truck/trailer section of racing junk.com, lots of different stuff to see there.
Old 12-05-2007, 06:52 PM
richard glickel.
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Lewis,

Wow, that boy's grown up fast!

Give Ken Stadt at Paddock Racing a call (845) 429-4115 or email him at ken@paddockperformance.com. He had a tag-a-long stacker. Basically, I think he hated towing the thing. He's now got a much bigger trailer (also a stacker) that he pulls with a toterhome.

You might prefer a 2-car gooseneck (on one level) rather than a stacker.

Ciao!
Old 12-25-2007, 01:00 AM
cudjoe
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone towing a stacker

I tow a 30 ft Renegade stacker with a custom motorhome manufactured by United Specialties (Trendsetter model) on a 2006 Volvo truck chassis with a 475 HP Cummins diesel with the Freedom Meritor 12 speed automatic tranny. Works great even in the mountains of W Virginia and Colorado. Total investment of approx $270K. ATC also makes a great trailer (all aluminum), but very expensive...and worth it. The only way to go to the track that my wife will accept.

Good luck.

Quick Reply: Anyone towing a stacker