Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

07 Turkish GP , Review and Results ....

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 11:49 PM
1AS
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 27 Posts

The clearest indicator of "fastest" is most pole position starts, because everyone in F1 tries their hardest there, and there are no real excuses. So, who has more, Kimi or Massa? AS
Old 08-28-2007, 09:03 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nico Rosberg, About Papa......

Nico Rosberg hosted a thoroughly entertaining media breakfast at the Williams motorhome on Saturday morning and revealed that he had dreams of a proper head-to-head race with his father Keke, the 1982 Formula One champion.

But rather than the unfair platform of F1 machinery, or even go-karts, the plan is for them to battle it out in ice racing.

"I really would love to do it before he gets too old, which is pretty soon," smiled Rosberg Jr. "He's done it for 10 years on the Arctic Rally in Lapland, so I'd really like to give it a go on ice against him.

"That would be fun, because he thinks he can beat me easily. I tried ice driving a couple of years ago and I think I'm pretty good at it."

Rosberg is hopeful that his father will provide some stiffer competition for him than he experienced in a karting head-to-head when they were younger.

"He was my hero, and I did my lap times and he jumped in. I thought, you know, he was going to be a second quicker or something. I followed behind him, and I was so disappointed!

"I've never seen someone so hopeless on a go-kart! It was an absolute disaster.

"But saying that, I need to say that I myself now didn't drive a go-kart for four years and I recently jumped into one and it really is difficult, it's a different world. You jump in and you are lost. You need to take half a day back into the pace."
Attached Images  
Old 08-28-2007, 09:14 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ray S
You crack me up. Just because Kimi couldn't pass him doesn't mean he wasn't faster (after all he posted the fastest lap of the race). Additionally, Masa certainly wasn't drawing away from Kimi.

I suppose Nick was faster than Alonso. After all, Alonso couldn't pass him straight up during the race right???

Apparently Massa was flatout non racing types always scare me in their analysis ...... Please read all , then comment , Kimi creating a gap then go on to set FL , is meaningless, While Massa pace for a 1-2 finish, does that make Kimi faster , that was my point , Massa is faster , because he has proven this over the season , not just @ Turkey, my comment on Massa being faster is over 9 months old and remember 5 races ago most of you had Kimi's **** on fire heading to donkey kart land , OK......
Talk is cheap put up a bottle and see if he beats Massa to the end , of course unless you are suffering from shrinkage .....

Last edited by A.Wayne; 08-28-2007 at 06:04 PM.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:24 AM
mitch236
Rennlist Member

So who thinks Alonso's crew had something to do with the tire going down on Hamilton's car?!? Now that would be fun if it could be true!!!
Old 08-28-2007, 09:27 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Alexander Stemer
The clearest indicator of "fastest" is most pole position starts, because everyone in F1 tries their hardest there, and there are no real excuses. So, who has more, Kimi or Massa? AS
Pole Positions: 5-2 in favor of Massa ........

Mitch, Karma
Old 08-28-2007, 09:48 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Alexander Stemer
Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Pole Positions: 5-2 in favor of Massa ........
If we look at all races (not only when one of them was on pole), Massa is leading Kimi 7-5 with Kimi having better and better results as more and more racers are run which is normal since the car was/is new to him and Massa has a lot of experience of it.

Since you don't seem to so know , little bit of FYI: during the Q3, drivers have to have their race fuel on the car so there is weight difference which as you know, makes a difference in comparing qualifying results not as straight forward as it used to be.
And Wayne knows who in Ferrari usually has the heavier car but he some times doesn't remember it...

Last edited by Flying Finn; 08-28-2007 at 10:04 AM.
Old 08-28-2007, 10:04 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

M3Pete, Nano,

I agree what you guys are saying and I think both Ferrari drivers at this point are (at least slightly) more focused on the contrcutor's championship rather than WDC since it's far mroe realistic for them and they're so close in points to each other and so far away from Hamilton & Alonso so they won't be fighting as much as they would if they were to guys leading the championship.

Alsonso & Hamilton knocking each other out would make everything pretty exiting and it doesn't see that far fetched either...
Old 08-28-2007, 10:07 AM
mitch236
Rennlist Member

The only way both Mac drivers taking each other out will have to start with Hamilton as Alonso has shown time and time again that he is not willing to take big chances and ruin his race.
Old 08-28-2007, 10:40 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
If we look at all races (not only when one of them was on pole), Massa is leading Kimi 7-5 with Kimi having better and better results as more and more racers are run which is normal since the car was/is new to him and Massa has a lot of experience of it.

Since you don't seem to so know , little bit of FYI: during the Q3, drivers have to have their race fuel on the car so there is weight difference which as you know, makes a difference in comparing qualifying results not as straight forward as it used to be.
And Wayne knows who in Ferrari usually has the heavier car but he some times doesn't remember it...

Kimi had the lighter car last weekend
Anyway you slice and dice it finn, start polishing my bottle Kimi will finish 4th in the WC and for those that took me to task for picking the rookie Hamilton to beat KImi
Old 08-28-2007, 11:08 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Kimi had the lighter car last weekend
Anyway you slice and dice it finn, start polishing my bottle Kimi will finish 4th in the WC and for those that took me to task for picking the rookie Hamilton to beat KImi
Yes he did and he screwed up in the last corner but, I've said that before but how about the other races? Or does your memory fail you again?
Old 08-28-2007, 11:16 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
Yes he did and he screwed up in the last corner but, I've said that before but how about the other races? Or does your memory fail you again?
GO polish my bottle

Yeah, Yeah , Yada, yady ,yaddyyyy, Pooh! anyway you cut it Massa 5 Kimi 2 for pole position, for all intent and purpose's if you start from the pole you have a 99% chance of winning he race , so kimi has won one race he should'nt have , France and Massa has lost 2 he should have won... so we now have them @ 3 wins a piece ..... The winner here is Alonso who has won 3 races while starting from pole once... so he has taken 2 wins , kimi taken 1 and Massa and Ham has won from the pole only .... The best racer in the field is still ALonso , with Ham possible being the fastest ... Massa 5 -2 over Kimi shows he is faster than KImi in popping off that fast lap ... Kimi might possibly be the better racer ...... but start p2 , p1 wins unless a major FU, my point? if massa was'nt so fragile and inconsistent he would have had 5 race victories by now ( not counting DNF's Neo's) Q3 is the most important part of the weekend KImi himself said this last week , he will have to pop off a P1 qualy to beat Massa ...

Go polish my bottle

Last edited by A.Wayne; 08-28-2007 at 11:38 AM.
Old 08-28-2007, 05:15 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Apparently Massa was flatout non racing types always scare me in their analysis
Funny, I was just thinking the same about you (although you do seem to be quite talented at cutting and pasting the press conference info).

As far as a friendly wager goes what do you think of the following (unlike the Flying Finn I prefer wine over Vodka);

I'll bet you a bottle of wine (the loser chooses the brand, the winner can request red or white) that Kimi comes out ahead of Massa in driver points at the end of the season.

Additionally, I'll make a second (separate) bet (for a second bottle of wine) that Hamilton comes out ahead of Alonso in driver points at the end of the season.

In each bet, the actual point total is final (no crying over mechanical failures, point penalties, etc. at the end of the season). If we both win one, we'll both walk away with nothing. Win both and one of us has two bottles coming.

What do you think???

I like Cabernet's FWIW...................
Old 08-28-2007, 05:31 PM
smlporsche
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I may have to get into some of this action...
Old 08-28-2007, 05:35 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Ok, something else for a change (and with this one I don't think even Wayne can get get argument going here), I heard Ralf will be replaced by Glock in Toyota next season.

Looks like Ralf's out (finally!).

Hmm, that remains me about some other un-named driver (much more talented than Ralfie) who someone here said will be out from F1 next season (because lack of talent), I can confirm he won't be leaving F1 any time soon...
Old 08-28-2007, 05:50 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ray S
Funny, I was just thinking the same about you (although you do seem to be quite talented at cutting and pasting the press conference info).

As far as a friendly wager goes what do you think of the following (unlike the Flying Finn I prefer wine over Vodka);

I'll bet you a bottle of wine (the loser chooses the brand, the winner can request red or white) that Kimi comes out ahead of Massa in driver points at the end of the season.

Additionally, I'll make a second (separate) bet (for a second bottle of wine) that Hamilton comes out ahead of Alonso in driver points at the end of the season.

In each bet, the actual point total is final (no crying over mechanical failures, point penalties, etc. at the end of the season). If we both win one, we'll both walk away with nothing. Win both and one of us has two bottles coming.

What do you think???

I like Cabernet's FWIW...................

Takes alot of ***** to bet on Ham with 4 races to go,
I will take the massa bet , but i would have figured you more a 1% Milk man instead of wine , it was good you clarified your position , Hmmm a cabernet , missed again i would have figured you more a wincarnis bloke....

Quick Reply: 07 Turkish GP , Review and Results ....