Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How about a "DAMN the Mag Racing" track day. Chevy and Porsche

Old 07-05-2007, 11:59 AM
M758
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by wanna911
Porsche vs Chevy... This is not a competition of any sorts... the hardcore race guys can stay at home....
Seems kind of lame to me.

Porsche vs Chevy, but NO competition?

Seems like either a cluster in the making or a bunch of ******* staind aound talking about how I "virtually" was faster, but since we not "competing" I did not pass you.

To get back on Topic....
NO INTEREST HERE

BTW... I drive with NASA almost exclusivly. It is common to mix it up with other makes and guess what? In one race I out qualfied (real race group too) a Ferrari F355 and in another had battle with a Viper ( pulled away in a couple laps). Both cars were race prepared and driven by licences racers. My little car is a simple stripped out stiff street suspension stock 133 whp Porsche. Seems to me than a 944 is faster than Ferrari's and Vipers. Take that Magazines.

Hey if you want to have a Porsche / Chevy track day mixer great. Go for it and have fun. Just don't execpt to figure out which car is "better",
Old 07-06-2007, 02:08 PM
2BWise
Three Wheelin'

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

We've got a Vette v Porsche Shootout in OH. Usually its an autox event. Everyone one gets their runs and qualifies for a shootout. Top 8 from each make and split into two teams and get two more runs. The lowest team time wins. You get a bunch of stockish cars and a handful of racecars, but no time indexing, so its relatively unfair. This year they're trying to take the same competition setup and run it at Putnam Park. The toughest part is going to be getting enough entries when you limit the marquees allowed to run.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:13 PM
aeshultz
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just when Tim bugs out, and GR becomes a tired joke, the Gods give us another.
But really, a fun idea, if it's a "Private Rental" <G>

Alan

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How about a "DAMN the Mag Racing" track day. Chevy and Porsche