Old 05-20-2002, 01:12 PM
Skip
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Post DIY Fire Suppression Installation?

I want to do my own - anyone here done this (with sucess)? Care to share your wisdom and recommendations for a specific system, please. Car is 944.

Must meet SCCA specs for IT. 2 nozzles (driver, header-side of engine) - trigger in the console lower bin. Car will see schools and track days also.

Here's my thoughts so far:

[quote]The bottle will go in the right rear seat bucket mounted to a custom shelf - properly angled [car is completely stripped]. One fogger will mount at the rear inside of the right strut tower - high as possible, facing the head at 90o... this protects the most vulnerable area of the head, fuel lines, and rail - I have a heat shield blocking the header for additional protection. The other fogger will go in the cockpit - line runs along the center tunnel and up left side of the passenger area - nozzle will mount level with my nipples (woohoo!).

This is the two outlet design - if I decide to go with four, there will be one on the other side of the engine, and another pointed straight back into the rear of the car to protect from gas tank rupture in the event of an unfortunate rear-ender.

The closest fogger will be my personal one - since I cost more to replace than the engine [I think ] I am going with the 10lb tank regardless.

I'm debating if the passenger cabin should be done up also - at least until I stop carrying passengers. I'm trying to find a cutoff valve that could be used to shut it off if - A. I'm not carrying a passenger, or B. I don't like the passenger <hr></blockquote>

Thanks!
Skip

Quick Reply: DIY Fire Suppression Installation?