Sponsored by:

Trailer for track

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2002, 11:41 AM
Arthur
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Trailer for track

Looking for websites/classified ads for used car trailer. Car is lowered about an inch around 4 corners, so a long ramp is probably needed. Tried to see if equipment trailers (Hudson Bros) would work but they are way too high.
Old 02-11-2002, 10:34 PM
B-Line C2S
Instructor

Hey Arthur,

I am no trailing expert but I have seen many lowered cars trailored on a standard car carrier. You might be able to subsitute a legnthy ramp with a couple blocks of wood that will keep the car from rubbing.
That is what I have seen most race cars use.
Cheap, simple, easy fix.
You put the blocks of wood at the end of the ramp to create a bit more leverage.
Hope this helps..
Old 02-11-2002, 11:49 PM
TT Gasman
Drifting

Get a purpose built race car trailer, new or used. I trailered our old 55 Chevy Pro Gas car all around the country back in the early 80s, very low ride height, a good trailer makes a BIG difference. Make sure it has working brake lights and +/- brakes, depending on your tow vehicle. Slide out ramps and room for large tool box / spare wheels/ also a plus. Alsso will need quality tie downs and maybe a winch.Check with the local race shops and see what is for sale, especially from the local circle trackers.
Also make sure your tow vehicle is up to the task.
Old 02-12-2002, 10:08 PM
Jeff95M030
Rennlist Member

Arthur: Are you looking for an open trailer? If you can find a used Trailex at a reasonable price you will probably be very pleased. They are very light and track extremely well. These typically come with 8 foot ramps. I have no problem driving onto the Trailex with a 1995 968 M030 that is lowered by about 2" from stock specs. I believe Featherlight has a similar light trailer with long ramps. Hope this helps. Jeff M

Quick Reply: Trailer for track