Sponsored by:

What's up with Speedvision?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2002, 08:41 PM
TT Gasman
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down What's up with Speedvision?

Much to my disapointment, it appears Speedvision (aka NASCAR channel) are not providing 24 hr, flag to flag coverage this year!
Old 02-03-2002, 12:25 AM
Howard
Racer

SV would rather show BOBSLEDDING.......or the SCCA Valvoline Runoffs.......AGAIN! How many times are they going to show the Runoffs? I'd rather watch the DTM series, ASTC ....or repeats of the 12 Hours of Sebring....or highlights of Le Mans.....even Rally.......except Dakar...I've seen that one just one too may times..... Maybe when it goes to Speed Channel it will improve...maybe. At Least show the current status of Daytona.....SOMETHING.......last year was great....too bad some bonehead programming director decided to not go with the full 24 hour coverage. damn.
Old 02-03-2002, 01:48 AM
DJ
Haiku Grasshoppa
Rennlist Member
Can I Drove Your Car?

Well, it ain't live coverage, but if you want to know what's going on in Daytona, <a href="http://www.dailysportscar.com/race/RaceSeriesReport_fs.asp?ArticleID=345" target="_blank">check out this site.</a> It gets updated about every thirty minutes, and gives pretty good details about what's going on in the race.

If anyone knows of anything better available, I'm all eyes...
Old 02-04-2002, 10:46 AM
doyle
Racer

You can't tell me that Dodge Ram Test Drive could possibly get higher ratings than the race itself. This was the next program on after the race went off at 7pm.

Also, don't you think that 90 percent of the people that would watch a runoff's rerun would rather watch the 24 hrs. live? I just don't understand it. I would understand if it was ESPN or something as they have other sports that would get higher ratings, but not Speedvision. I can't possibly understand why they just wouldn't show it. I know, I for one, would have kept Speeddvision on if the kept showing the race, which means I would have seen all of thier advertisements. But sure enough, when the race ended at 7, I changed the channel and didn't turn back until the rally at 11.

I fear it will only get worse. I know they promise to carry all of the same stuff for the 2002 season, except F1, but I heard they are doing a NASCAR thing from 5pm to midnight every weekday. Lame!
Old 02-06-2002, 09:54 AM
Vampire
Racer

Received 51 Likes on 24 Posts
Let them know how you feel - programming@speedvision.com

I stopped by the Rennlist motorhome on Saturday night to get an update. I was disappointed to see that there was not 24 hour coverage.
Old 02-06-2002, 10:22 AM
James Achard
Pro

All, I tried voicing my feelings to speedvision via the website that Red 911 posted but it bounced back I imagine they are in the process of changing all there e-mail addresses to reflect the new name of the network. I'll keep trying though. Hopefully if enough of us submit suggestions, it will be heard!!!

James

Quick Reply: What's up with Speedvision?