Sponsored by:

My G car is finally done

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 03:19 PM
stuttgart46
Rennlist Member

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
Default My G car is finally done

We ran a NASA HPDE to use as a shakedown. The car ran and drove great. I got my NASA license as well, so I'll probably keep running with those guys. We have 4 cars that are already running GTS-3 and they are winning. It's a nice group of people. The events (here at least) aren't as big as an SCCA event but I didn't see as much as carnage either. My intention while building the car was to make eligible for as many organizations as possible. I recently moved to Houston from Tampa and there isn't as much racing here so I wanted to be capable of running with all of them.
Attached Images  
Old 02-20-2007, 12:34 AM
trackjunky
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stuttgart46
I recently moved to Houston from Tampa and there isn't as much racing here so I wanted to be capable of running with all of them.
First, welcome.

Second, you can run Texas World, Motorsports Ranch Cresson, Hallet and No Problem Raceway (Louisiana) and only run PCA! All are a 5 hour or less tow.

Throw in some NASA events and you'll run out of money before you run out of events.

Enjoy.
Old 02-20-2007, 01:02 AM
earlyapex
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 32 Posts

Nice looking car. Any other shots?
Old 02-20-2007, 11:20 AM
stuttgart46
Rennlist Member

I didn't get much of a chance to take a bunch of pics. My son grabbed the camera and killed the battery taking pics of the Gallardo and F430 that were there. Kids, what can you do? At least he has good taste.
I'm not going to make the TWS PCA race because I have a long tradition of going to the 12 Hours of Sebring and it's the same weekend. I will be running the TWS NASA race in April. They moved it from Eagles Canyon as it seems the Eagles Canyon track isn't quite ready.
Thanks for the compliments and the welcome.
Chad
Attached Images  
Old 02-22-2007, 03:05 PM
BC
Rennlist Member

Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts

So you just skimmed all the rule books to come up with the best class-spread? I am building a car and I would like to do the same thing, but the car is classed much more, uh, selectively, (928)
Old 02-22-2007, 05:37 PM
Phokaioglaukos
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

Love the name of your race team! My older daughter's dog is named Valkyrie, and she has fully grown into her name.
Old 02-23-2007, 10:30 AM
stuttgart46
Rennlist Member

Thanks guys.
It's much easier to build the car around PCA rules and then tech it in NASA (IMO). I'm not the fastest in GTS-3 but we built the car to run as often as possible. If we decide to just run the NASA schedule we'll make some changes and go for it. So far it's made me evaluate my driving and push myself to keep up with the bigger HP cars.
Old 02-24-2007, 11:43 AM
dsmith
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chad,
Welcome to Houston. Look forward to meeting you at the track this year. I've had some delays finishing my car, so the April SCCA race at MSRH will be my first in ITR. I plan to run a few NASA GTS races also.
David
Old 02-24-2007, 11:44 AM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

why are you running gts 3? Shouldn't you be in 2?
Old 02-24-2007, 12:41 PM
stuttgart46
Rennlist Member

They put is in GTS-3 based on weight to HP. I don't ask questions I just drive.
David,
Please come by and see us if you run the NASA event in April. I'm new to town and I would really like to meet some Porsche people.
Have you run with SCCA before? I ran a spec Miata in SCCA in Florida but I haven't renewed my license. It was like bumper cars. What have your impressions been?
Take care,
Chad
Old 02-24-2007, 12:48 PM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

what kind of HP are you making? F cars run in GTS 2.
Old 02-24-2007, 02:48 PM
Jim Child
Three Wheelin'

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

I agree with Sean. You should be running in GTS2. If you were classed in GTS3 you were probably just under the 14.5 minimum lbs/hp for running in GTS2. You would probably be better off adding a bit of ballast to get up over 14.5 lbs/hp.
Old 02-25-2007, 12:55 AM
dsmith
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chad,
I've raced SCCA for the last few years in a 1st gen RX-7. We ran with the Miatas, until their group got too big. Now all the Spec RX7, IT, BG, SP run together for Regionals. There's a pretty big disparity in speed, so it seems more like DE events now. Not much contact, except SM. I have a strange event schedule planned this year, hoping to include the Big Bend Open Road Race in April, and the 24 hours of LeMons in July. Not sure where the NASA events will fall in.

I'll probably be the only ITR car and I don't expect the 911 to be much faster, if any, than my RX7. I don't expect any contact with SCCA racing either. I haven't run NASA, so don't really know how to compare the two. When my car's done, weighed and dynoed, I may be looking at adding some weight and getting bumped down to GTS-1.
David
Old 02-26-2007, 11:42 AM
stuttgart46
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the tip guys. I will be on the scales this week. I'll let you know how it goes.

Quick Reply: My G car is finally done