Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FOX IS TRYING TO TURN SPEEDVISION INTO NASCAR ONLY!!Sign the Petition tohelpstop it

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2001, 05:42 PM
RobertG
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down FOX IS TRYING TO TURN SPEEDVISION INTO NASCAR ONLY!!Sign the Petition tohelpstop it

PLEASE SIGN THE PETITON

if this goes through
there will be no more 24hours of lemans, daytona, anything
no more F1 no more rally no more occasinal porsche cup
and no more POC tribute to Lemans on Speedvision, nothing but nascar nascar nascar

please please please http://www.petitiononline.com/svsn/petition.html
here is the link to the petition nullPetition to Save Speedvision's current shows
Old 07-06-2001, 01:27 PM
Paul Brewer
Advanced

I took the time to call Speedvision and ask them about this. The guy I talked to laughed when I asked him if this were true.

Granted, NASCAR is popular. I can't imagine even the most dedicated goober wanting to watch it day and night, what with tractor pulls, barbecue cook-offs and huntin' & fishin' shows on ESPN 2 and OLN competing for their time.
Old 07-07-2001, 08:49 PM
RobertG
Racer

well, he might have laughed but, its been in the news. Its real.
Old 07-08-2001, 12:28 AM
BrianKeithSmith
Addict
Rennlist Member

Quoted from Paul:
"Granted, NASCAR is popular. I can't imagine even the most dedicated goober wanting to watch it day and night, what with tractor pulls, barbecue cook-offs and huntin' & fishin' shows on ESPN 2 and OLN competing for their time. "

Well Paul, the last thing this board needs is someone like you stereotyping NASCAR fans.

I'm waiting for you to say that there are no Porsche owners that are NASCAR fans...

Brian Smith
Porsche owner and RACING fan - NASCAR included
Old 07-08-2001, 01:42 PM
Anir
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm waiting for you to say that there are no Porsche owners that are NASCAR fans...
Brian Smith, Porsche owner and RACING fan - NASCAR included
I grew up in Texas, Alabama, Georgia, and now live in Kentucky - so I can BBQ, hunt, and fish with the best of 'em (not so sure about tractor pulls though )! You have to admit that Paul's characterization is funny and largely accurate.

As much as I love automotive and motorcycle racing, I just cannot get into NASCAR. Nothing against domestic makes, although I don't any. It's the round...and round...and round... I guess that's why I don't watch Sprint car racing either.
Old 07-10-2001, 12:25 AM
JW in Texas
Three Wheelin'

Wink

Anir,
Holy smoke! A Duc & a TT. Great taste!!

I use to feel the same way about NASCAR. I had been going to F1 races, Sebring, Laguna Seca, etc. for years when they built Texas Motor Speedway 15 min. from my house. I went to the first race out there & it changed my mind. The races are much better in person than they are on TV & I have added NASCAR to my regular attendance list. It's also nice that we get a couple of IRL races & an ALMS race to boot although CART really screwed us this year. Try a NASCAR race in person, you might dig it.

Jay
'90 C2
'93 Mercedes 500E
'66 BB Vette
'64 GTO
Old 07-10-2001, 01:39 AM
Anir
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks, Jay. You've got quite an attractive and diverse collection yourself. Actually, I'm hoping to get a late '50s or early '60s Porsche 356 next. Obviously, we're both "all over the map" with our selections!

Is the Merc 500E the one with the engineering input by Porsche?

I don't blame you for taking advantage of TMS. They recently built the Kentucky Speedway about 60 miles from my house, so maybe I'll try a NASCAR race in person if it comes. I'm set to attend the Indy Grand Prix in September. Can't wait!
Old 07-11-2001, 02:00 AM
JW in Texas
Three Wheelin'

Anir,
Yeah, Porsche built the 500E for Mercedes since they had extra production capacity(pre Boxster).

An early Porsche should be a very different drive from your TT but I bet you'll like it. More basic & light-weight. Good luck finding a nice one.
Jay

Quick Reply: FOX IS TRYING TO TURN SPEEDVISION INTO NASCAR ONLY!!Sign the Petition tohelpstop it