Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2004, 05:06 PM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 65 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally posted by Mike Buck
Danny,
Actually, the US model 1991 S2 coupe had that "968" bridge spoiler. So I think you could add it, if you were running an 83 944 as an S2 <--sounds expensive!

I wonder how the scruts will see my car when I run my first race. My car is an '88 944 turbo to which I added a bridge spoiler off a '91 S2. I think I should be able to use this spoiler due to the following.

1990 and 1991 944 turbo's had this same spoiler, but they were Europe and Canada only. But those cars have no signifcant performance advantage over the US turbos, so it shouldn't bump me up a class. Worst case, I'll be switching rear hatches on race weekends. Thankfully, only takes 20 minutes or so.

Oh great! If it was offered on the 951 then you are for sure legal. Especially if its a Canada option because the rule states "euro specs will be automatically classified one class higher". Since Canada is aligned to US specs you should be fine. In any case the more documentation you have with you at tech the better. IF they ask you about the spoiler then having documentation will help very much.
Also make sure you take pics of your car as is with the spoiler and attach them to the log book that will have to be created for your car at your intitial PCA tech. With the car passed tech and with pics I dont believe anyone else will give you grief. Its funny though it seems from race to race some things are viewed differently by the scruts.
Good luck on your first race! Its going to be mega fun!!!
Old 01-14-2004, 12:37 AM
kev
Darth Cup
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rear wing question...

For rear wings with air inlets (GT-2, RSCS) is it illegal to duct air directly into the airbox? Correct me if I'm wrong, but there is a factory ducting piece for this purpose on the RSCS wing?
Old 01-14-2004, 07:09 AM
Jack667
Rennlist Member

Received 116 Likes on 61 Posts

So - initially I was just interested in this out of pure curiosity, but now there might be some relevance. I didn't know that I could add a spoiler with a leading edge, like a 968-type to my car and progress to prepared. I have an "I" car that is already modified to Prepared: "H", due to 951 brakes and other mods. According to Danny, I should be able to add that spoiler and remain in "H", right? I've looked into this before, mostly as an academic execise, bc I didn't think I'd want to do it for class reasons, but even still - most folks advised that for a 2850# car with 158hp, spoilers do more harm than good.
What do you guys think about that?

If I was to add a spoiler, I would prefer to get a 968-type with an adjustable wing. I'm not sure if that was ever stock, and if that would qualify for the prepared class change - any thoughts on that one?

Thanks!

This may turn into another example where my Rennlist "hobby" turns into another "must-have" expense!!

Quick Reply: FYI PCA RULES CLARIFIED