Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2002, 12:24 PM
SundayDriver
Lifetime Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
[quote]Originally posted by 959:
<strong>
Now to User ID: Mark D – TT Alumni

Yes, I am new to rennlist, thank you for that warm welcome. As much as it looks like you are insinuating that I was being sneaky and deceitful it was actually no more than a slip on my part that I forgot to write ERP under my name. You are correct that I did in fact write ERP in another post where I ALSO talked about my products. However, you neglected to include that I was in yet another post for 996 TT’s where someone had questions about camber plates. In that one I explained that I make what he is looking for but advised AGAINST it! For his application I felt GT3 Club sport A-arms would be more suitable and then gave the factory part numbers. I put my name along with ERP on that one as well adding the fact I’m the owner. Now look...we have 3 completely different ways I signed the post. Wow, this is becoming rather fascinating isn’t it. Is it possible that I may have a rare disorder known as DPS (Disclosure Paranoia Syndrome). I mean, every time I put something down it comes out differently.

I have to tell you that your aggression towards me was mind boggling. Did you feel it was really necessary to publicly chastise me to the degree you did? Do you really feel you had caught me at something dishonest. Have you ever thought about the notion that not everyone is out to get the other guy. Some people actually do what they do simple because they enjoy the satisfaction of helping others. Isn’t that rather pompous to get that way when you have no idea who I am and how many times I’ve given my time at the track for free just to help others and in many cases they never even knew my name. It seems that might be a real stretch of the imagination for you but, it’s true. Yet you come across like I was only there to trick the other guy. We must live in different worlds because I first trust people and try to help them before I accuse them of intensional wrong doings. Looking back on this, don’t you think there could have been a nicer and more humane approach to your response.

I have to say, in keeping with my good nature and sense of humor, I can’t help but see the irony in all of this like, who are you? I clearly have no secrets but, why don’t you sign your name. Is there a reason you don’t want people to know what city or country you live in? I just wanted to help a fellow Porsche person by offering some suggestion. I don’t think I was putting his arm behind his back.

Well, you’ve had you time an now I’ve had mine. If you have other comments which I’m sure you do, simply email me at cary@eisenlohr.com. If you feel compelled to response to me on this post I will NOT respond back because I feel we’ve already wasted enough of other peoples time and space on the site

Kindest Regards,

Cary Eisenlohr
ERP/Owner</strong><hr></blockquote>

Cary,

I guess you misunderstood me. I thought I was pretty clear, especailly with the "No Flame Intended" comment but I was just trying to be helpful. You came across as someone who was willing to help and I was trying to do the same for a new user.
As far as disclosing personal info here, I use my name and last initial, as do many others. There is no requirement, nor even a particular community standard here, to use full name, etc. Frankly there are too many people on Internet boards who blow up at nothing and want to do battle - I don't want to waste time on those sorts of people so I choose not to publish much personal info. I think there are plenty of people here who can attest to the fact that I do not hide who I am.
Sorry my attempt at help offended you. I'll avoid it in the future.

Mark

Quick Reply: 911 Front Suspension Mods