Sponsored by:

!5 inch Diameter Wheels fit a 911/964

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2002, 06:04 PM
FranzC4
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post !5 inch Diameter Wheels fit a 911/964

I am searching for information on a 964 wheel application. Does any one know the wheel space requirements for the 964 front and rear. I am restricted to 15 inch tires for a particular motorsport application and I need a set of wheels which will fit over the brake calipers.
The Stock brakes are 298mm diameter rotors (28mm thickness) with 4 piston calipers. These take up quite a large volume in the wheel circle. The calipers do not look very large externally, but I have yet to measure the units in order to determine what wheels will fit the stock brake setup. I am not planning on purchasing the C4 unless I can find a set of 15 inch wheels which can fit.

If someone knows the numbers needed to fill out the dimension chart for Revolution wheels, it will help my decision process immensely.
<a href="http://www.revolutionwheels.com/hub_brakediagram.htm" target="_blank">http://www.revolutionwheels.com/hub_brakediagram.htm</a>

I do know of a wheel applicat for another car which is 295mm with 4 pot Brembo calipers and the offset if 55mm. I do not believe this is an impossible request.

Does anyone have the dimensions or a suggestion?

Regards

Franz

Note: I only reference Revolution wheels because their diagram is online, this is not advertisement for their products.
Old 04-09-2002, 11:35 PM
Tony'z911
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FranzC4- I can't help you w/ what rims will fit over your calipers, but I have a pair of 8" X 15 Factory Fuch rims for sale. The rims are straight, clean, & true. They are in decent shape, but are not concours condition and do not include center caps. I will double check when I get home and correct this post if the I'm wrong, but I believe the offset is 23mm.
I'm looking to get $400 + s&h for the rims, email me if You're interested and you find out they will work in your application- bluebomber86_911@yahoo.com
-T

Quick Reply: !5 inch Diameter Wheels fit a 911/964