Sponsored by:

Great support from G&W Motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2002, 04:50 PM
Tom Trew
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post Great support from G&W Motorsports

I can't say enough good things about G&W Motorsports located on the grounds at VIR in Virginia. This past weekend, PCA Zone 2 had a three day DE event at VIR. G&W graciously agreed to support us with technical support as well as an open house on Friday evening.

All weekend, G&W kept a team of technicians available to help club members with anything that might come up. Wouldn't you know it, on my first session of the weekend, an errant sway bar managed to eat it's way well into a lower A arm on my 993. The guys at G&W machined some custom aluminum clamps to keep the sway bar in it's place, and just happened to have a couple of heim jointed A arms in stock for the 993. Over a couple of hour period, they replaced the lower A arms on both sides and got me back on the track. Best of all, NO CHARGE for the labor! G&W absolutely refused to accept any money for the work, saying they were there to support us and were not charging for their time. Over the course of the weekend, they helped out dozens of club members, repairing a few oil leaks, working on some brake problems, and generally helped keep us all running.

All I can say is they are a great group of people and are very good to work with. I wish them luck again this season in the Grand Am.
Old 04-08-2002, 05:01 PM
Dbltime
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts
Wow, that is "above and beyond..."

The beer was cold too!
Old 04-08-2002, 10:31 PM
RSRRacer
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 93 Posts
G&W obviously knows how to treat the guests at VIR. They are smart enough to know someday some of us may want to "move up" to a professionally maintained or built car.

I would like to extend some kudos to Mr. Tob Bobbit, VP of PCA National. I recently purchased a 73 RSR replica from him and the car is amazing, even in my unskilled hands.

What a blast chasing Bob Miller around in the Rogaine 996 Cup car. Thank god he is forced to run the Toyo Proxes tires or else I would not be able to keep up.

If anyone is debating a long road trip to VIR - just say yes and do it. A fantastic track, perfect track surface (I mean perfect) and beautiful grounds.

I will be very curious as to the GT3s and GT3r times for the club race. I wont be in the race this year but I can see I am heading down the PCA Club Race financial road to hell soon.

Thanks also to the organizers of this event (Zone 2) for a fine job. They managed to provide 200+ participants with plenty of track time despite a few unfortunate incidents which robbed us of some track time.

Chris Brown
73 RSR Replica
Old 04-11-2002, 04:00 PM
ldw
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chris
Lap times at VIR are very comparable to the times turned at Watkins Glen
Lynn Wilson

Quick Reply: Great support from G&W Motorsports