Advice needed on seats & roll bar for C2S

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2001, 09:22 AM
Will
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Advice needed on seats & roll bar for C2S

After a summer of DE events, I'm hooked. I want to do some modifications to my '97 Carrera S over the winter. First up is changing the stock seats to more supportive ones that will also give me more headroom. I know the "headroom problem" has been discussed many times, but I still haven't heard of a good solution.

The facts: I'm 6'4", slender build (size 35 waist; 190 lbs). I like to sit quite close to the wheel when driving on the track. Without my helmet, I have 1/4" headroom with the stock seat set as low as possible.

I plan to buy a seat such as a Sparco Evo or Sparo Pro 2000, and I'd like to hear any advice you have on these or other fixed-back seats. According to OG Racing, either of these two seats, when mounted directly to the seat rails (i.e., without sliders) using Brey-Krause mounting hardware (side mounts that are specific for certain seat/car combos) will give me some additional headroom. The seat cushion is also removable on both of these to afford a bit more headroom. They also say the Pro 2000 is about 3" longer in the seat, and is made for tall drivers. I'm concerned that that won't work for me, since as I said, I like to sit close to the wheel, which doesn't allow me to keep my legs straight ahead; thus, my right thigh can bang into the right-hand seat bolster when trying to heel-and-toe.

Thoughts?

Also, what's the best roll bar that goes in with the least modification to the car?

Thanks!

Will
Old 11-21-2001, 09:42 AM
Dbltime
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts

The Sparco seats are a deal and work well for me. The roll bar I used is the DAS, bolts right in.
Old 11-21-2001, 10:40 AM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally posted by Will:
<STRONG>I like to sit close to the wheel, which doesn't allow me to keep my legs straight ahead; thus, my right thigh can bang into the right-hand seat bolster when trying to heel-and-toe.

Thoughts?

Also, what's the best roll bar that goes in with the least modification to the car?

Thanks!

Will</STRONG>
I second the DAS rollbar. If you aren't going to be driving the car on the street or are not worried about having an airbag. Change out to a Momo steering wheel and add the larger hub which will move the wheel towards you another inch or so. The same wheel that comes on the 993 Supercup also has an offset to put the wheel closer to you. This also helps/prevents you from getting the windshield wipers while driving.

Greg

Quick Reply: Advice needed on seats & roll bar for C2S