Sponsored by:

Why doesn't Porsche Race in the GTS?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2002, 11:22 AM
Bob C.
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[quote]Originally posted by E. J.:
<strong>Bob, I of course meant Pratt and Miller, my bad...

E. J.</strong><hr></blockquote>

My father is an aeronautical engineer. Truth be told, it's taken me years to stop referring to "Pratt & Miller" as "Pratt & Whitney".

<a href="http://www.chapman3.com/images/vroomvroom/mosport2002/mosport2002_3_02.jpg" target="_blank">http://www.chapman3.com/images/vroomvroom/mosport2002/mosport2002_3_02.jpg</a>
Old 09-13-2002, 02:37 PM
Jo
3rd Gear

E.J.

You are not too far out... Rumours say that there will be a V8-version in the next generation of the 911!
Old 09-16-2002, 11:03 AM
Jim Sullivan
Instructor

One of the things no one mentioned is the struggle between Grand Am and ALMS. Porsche historically has provided prestige to any series so that they have been able to dictate what they want or, as they have proven again and again, they just pack up and leave. Porsche always likes a real nice soft spot to go racing in and they usually wait for and get it. Now they've got Grand Am and their Prototype cars using P engines.. that may be enough to carry them over until the F1 thing they keep hinting at actually happens.

F1!! you say! I know it seems impossible for Porsche to dance in this league, but you have to remember that the Germans have effectively taken that series over (except for those pesky red cars), and it's conceivable that Bernie would substantially fund Porsche's effort - this is big money and Bernie is facing a dwindling grid.. so what makes more sense for Bernie, paying Williams and McLaren to field a 3rd car or helping out Porsche?
Old 09-16-2002, 04:19 PM
Werksracer
AutoX

Someone PLEASE Help Me!

I started this Topic, and I appreciate ALL of the info that you all have shared... Thanks.

But, I elected the 'email notification' and I'd like to put a Stop to *that*.

Can someone tell me how to do that?
I sent an email to admin@rennlist.com, but I have not heard back from them.

Sc

Quick Reply: Why doesn't Porsche Race in the GTS?